How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Highlighted

How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?

In my opinion, the best way they can remedy this is by removing the ability for equipment to be used while the shield is equipped.  As a result, the shield itself will be restored to its proper defensive based purpose.  While they're at it, have the C4 updated to only allow remote detonations when the equipment sticks to a surface, thus disallowing any midair explosions.

If the devs can take the time to understand why it's too powerful, then perhaps we can get somewhere.  But we'll most likely end up having to bite the bullet until the next Call of Duty is released.  Business as usual I suppose, especially when it comes to making the lesser skilled feel happy about themselves.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52
114 REPLIES

Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?

in reply to RuggedSavior

Yah this has totally broken SnD and SnR. And I really don't understand why the riot shield needs to be in the game to begin with. I think your idea is great. Don't allow equipments while the shield is equipped in a class.

Level 3

in reply to omgx2rainb0w

To reiterate, what I meant to say was that equipment usage should be disabled while the shield is in front of you.  So if you switch to your secondary, then you can use equipment.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

DANGER CLOSE NOOB TUBES

Theres your fix.

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

I agree entirely with this. Works a treat. Even managed to one shot a dirty hacker with all perks on SnR. He raaaaaged.

Level 1

in reply to E7XTerminator

Whilst I was concerned to see DC come back, I have to admit they got it right this time. Its costly enough to stop it being widely used, but deffo still has its uses.

Level 31

DC is useless in this game they made explosives and tacticals have a counter then they make then not able to be replenished then they give you a very limited amount. Okay I can understand all that but why in the hell are they still hardest weapons in the game to use? Why are lethals so useless and not doing their job? Why don't tacticals last more then 0.5 seconds? Why are explosives so weak in general it's pretty sad when sniping and using an assault rifle takes less skill then the explosives to use it should be the other way around. I am so sick and tired of garbage players getting their way either use their counters or get out of their way what a concept.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

I find explosives to be very effective actually, even without DC.

Something in the game is effective, and it has a counter. What a shocker, what a novelty! It would be so much better if there was NO counter, or everyone was restricted to the same bloody stuff! You might as well play Chess and whinge when your opponent makes heavy use of his Rooks and refuse to use your Bishops/Queen/Knights to counter them.

Level 31

I am glad they are effective for you but I could be directly on them and they don't have Blast Shields and I still get a hit marker. Explosives aren't effective they are for clearing out rooms or anti-infantry or they are used for shooting down vehicles so far they seem to be only taking out vehicles. I wish they were effective as they were in MW2 and no I don't want one man army or scavenger. The explosives in MW2 were effective with or without Danger Close and that's how they should be you shouldn't be getting hit markers for something that blow up an enemy in two in real life.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

Right, see, now we are at an impasse. One of us says one thing, one of us says another. All I'm going to point to now is the number of people calling IEDs OP (easily counterable mind you) and the fact that this very thread incorporates an explosive into the complaint. People dont complain about something thats useless. People complain about things that are either legitimately OP (rare) or things that are effective which they refuse to counter (a lot more common). How does the riot shield guy kill you? With C4? That would suggest that explosives are far from useless.

Level 31

Studios