I.E.D. Overpowered?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

I.E.D. Overpowered?

Hello!

Feel the IED is Overpowed?

Me too!

Is there a way to dodge these Anti-Chirsts?

I don't know but do you

Leave a Comment if there is a way

Thank You!

Level 1
34 REPLIES

Re: I.E.D. Overpowered?

in reply to TheBossOfEpic

Yeah, you jump in a direction opposite the IED. Or lay down if it is on the ceiling.

Seriously, you could have read the updates page to find this information out, it was a pretty big update when it happened a few months ago. IEDs are nowhere near as powerful as they used to be, before you'd just die no matter what you did, but these days you can jump away or dodge the blast in some manner.

Level 6

I feel the IED is fair in terms of power.  Even so, here are some solutions for you...

1. Sitrep: Costs 2 perk points.  Is probably your best bet to outright avoid them.

2. Blast Shield: Costs 2 perk points.  You probably won't die with it on and it has implications beyond just IED protection.

3. Jump! If the IED is on the ground (which is about 90% of them), you can survive if you jump most of the time. 

Level 33

in reply to gramthenOOb

4.  The use of Agility works pretty well also.

Level 8

IED has already been nerfed once. What do you expect? Its an improvised explosive device, its suppose to explode and kill you, so dont whine about them killing ya.

Level 43

IEDs are a bit too powerful.  The devs essentially took the two powerful aspects of bouncing betties and claymores and molded them into a new piece of equipment.  However, with two crazy positives, leaves very little negatives.  As a result, perk related counters become too essential to the point where going without sitrep and blast shield is a death sentence.

Granted claymores and betties were annoying, but at least they were more balanced than IEDs. 

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

You say sitrep and blast shield are essential or face a death sentence, but I'll be honest, I never use those and mostly jump out of the way of IEDs or run past them with agility.

Seriously, everyone complaining about IEDs doesn't know how to recognize the little blinking orange light on the ground. If you have to use help to find them, then you're not a very good CoD player. I see IEDs without help 95% of the time.

Level 6

in reply to Satakyn

Satakyn wrote:

Seriously, everyone complaining about IEDs doesn't know how to recognize the little blinking orange light on the ground. If you have to use help to find them, then you're not a very good CoD player. I see IEDs without help 95% of the time.

That is one extremely bright blinking light.  Such a dead giveaway.... *sarcasm*  You must have the eyes of an Elvin prince.

Granted, this IED is in plain sight, but when are people going to place them like this?  They're mostly hidden in corners or on ceilings, thus disallowing a major amount of time to avoid them properly.

Satakyn wrote:

run past them with agility.

"Agility" doesn't really help against IEDs that much.  The blast radius still kills a running player the majority of the time.  If you want to test it out, try running past the IED (in the picture above) with Agility, without blast shield, and without jumping.  Good luck.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

I wasn't implying that agility was a sure fire way to get past an IED before it goes off, but I have on occasion, without jumping or using blast shield, run straight past an IED (while holding a shotty, SMG, or pistol) and the explosion did not kill me, possibly due to the IED's poor placement, though yes, in reference to the picture you posted, Agility would provide zero help in avoiding the blast if one was to not jump away from the bomb.

Also, if you cannot catch those blinking orange lights on the map, then surely you've the eyes of an ogre and my elvin prince eyes will win out every time. I also apply my ability to see what's on the screen so well (yes, I do sit right in front of a 40in flatscreen, but why wouldn't you to be honest?) to pick out players blending into the background. This is why I never use thermal scopes because I can easily see people on the map without having to reduce my beautiful HD game to black and white all the time.

Level 6

in reply to RuggedSavior

"Majority" is a bad word when describing how often an IED is fatal. I've seen 2 guys EVER with a kill rate over 30% (with at least 500 deploys).

Activision Ambassador

Studios