I H8 players from other Continents

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

I H8 players from other Continents

I don't mean personally I'm sure they are lovely people but it would be nice to have a best connection option instead of playing people from thousands of Kilometers away. And why is it they always seem to get a big fat lag comp advantage?. I noticed that in Black Ops 2 as well.

Level 19
21 REPLIES

Re: I H8 players from other Continents

in reply to Lucent76

There is no such thing as "lag comp" advantage or disadvantage.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

BS

Level 19

in reply to Lucent76

Lawl, do some research. Spouting something that your brothers brother told you doesn't make it fact. And the SAD part is, in the time you've taken to rant, you could just do the research and understand how it ACTUALLY WORKS.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

I have been on both sides of lag comp on many many many an occasion. Sadly with me for Ghost its been nearly all the bad side but it is playing better of late. To claim there is no such thing as lag comp advantage in COD is practically trolling as far as I am concerned.

Level 19

in reply to Lucent76

I don't think that anyone denies it can be a factor from time to time.

But most of us don't blame it for all of our poor performances.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to Lucent76

Lag and packet transfer can be an issue, but not "lag comp".

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

gotsomestars wrote:

Lag and packet transfer can be an issue, but not "lag comp".

Your ignorance is bliss.

Lag compensation WILL make players either ahead of, or behind what is actually going on. The way lag comp works, is that it "smooths" laggy/choppy/poor connections so other players see a sooth moving character, but in reality that players hit box could be 2-3 feet (game space) from where there character is on the screen.

While there are a ton of complaints about something being lag comp that are false, I can PERSONALLY tell you that when MW3 was released and I was host (about 90% of games) I would be lag compensated to the point where I literally could not get a kill.

Lag compensation is real, and it does affect the gameplay.

Level 34

in reply to gotsomestars

I am beginning to wonder if YOU have any idea how lag comp works completely and its effect's in online gaming with players very distant from one another, you know... different countries. Hell even West coast US to East coast US is too damn far for a optimum gaming experience in CoD.

So far i have only seen you spout the same lines without substance, stating the one complaining is delusional.At least show proof backing your side by doing a Google and copy/paste and claiming fact, its rather easy. Since you seemed to not notice that the OP is complaining about the effects of lag comp between players from different countries that should never be in the same lobby together in online matchmaking. That and complaining about the lack of a functioning regional filter.

Now if it were about all lag compensation, more precisely close range connections. Then i would have joined you pointing out that the OP is simply whining. However, since he is not and only complaining about the difference in connections with long distant players from him, at least throw him a bone. Agreeing that playing against other countries is brutal if on the bad side of lag comp (yes it does exist, but with players in close range, it's practically non-existent) and that it would be nice to have a regional filter. Instead in a nutshell you proceed to call him a blathering idiot, good job!

For example, i should never be matched with someone out of the South East region of the US. Only bringing players from neighboring regions when search exceeds a certain time limit and then branch out. Which Ghost's does not; it is blatantly obvious.

I'm not gonna bother doing a copy/paste from a couple sources, so you can say that the source isn't up to your standards. Even though it's the same as 20 others.

Sorry, it's nothing personal. Just your opinion and posts irritated me, that's all.

Come to think of it, i wonder what Vegeta would say about the level of your unobservant approach.

Level 6

in reply to YummyYummYum

So if you got complaints about the matchmaking then dont complain about the lag comp that comes with it. Complain about the matchmaking itself.

But depending on the country you are in the only choice might be people from other countries.

If there is only 500 people in one type of game for example you might only be able to connect to 3 or 4 lobbies, and if it happens to be far away then you are stuck with it.

If one player has a friend in Japan and he is in the US of course you are going to get Japan in your lobby.

Plus if someone makes an observation which actually has already proven to be true and the OPs only reply is BS what do you expect ? Do you expect the responder to lovingly caress his shoulders and console him to make the OP feel better ?

Level 72

Studios