I Keep Getting Worse!!

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Highlighted

I Keep Getting Worse!!

Okay, I know there are a bunch of you here who are actually really good at this game, so I know most of you will not have this problem. If you have any words of wisdom, or advice, I'd love to hear it.

About a month ago, I finally started doing really well in this game after I began playing some of the objective matches, mainly core domination. I also began playing more Onslaught only core deathmatches. I play core because I have a hard time remembering the maps. When I play Onslaught with a silenced weapon, I can usually manage to stay positive, but its close. I almost never exceed 15 kills in Onslaught TDMs, part of that is because I run Support killstreaks, and never get a hind, or anything that can rack up kills. I have NEVER had a string of more than 8 kills before dying. It just does not happen, regardless of how careful I think I am being.

Anyhow, as I was starting to gain confidence with more matches leaving me with a positive K/D, I took a short break from the game to focus on more "life" issues. I did not play the game for one week, thinking I could just jump right back in and not have any rust. I was wrong, way wrong. The last two weeks have been absolutely frustrating with this game, and Im wondering if any of you guys/gals have had the same experience.

I dont know if this is a simple case of overthinking, or if it is possible that I have lost what skill I was acquiring. Either way, I know its a "me" problem, in that being that I just flat out suck now. If this has happened to you, how did you re-right your ship, so to speak?

Level 7
36 REPLIES

Re: I Keep Getting Worse!!

in reply to JRN00498

You have to try to remember how you played when you were successful. It's important to remember what works and stick to it. If you are having trouble with aim then I recommend playing squads as it can help you gain confidence with your shot. Also, maybe setting a goal with a camo or operations challenge would help you focus more on kills and put less stress on your KD.

What's your typical class setup(s)? Are they the same as what you've always used?

Level 9

in reply to JRN00498

Well I don't really know what to do other than offer you some tips.

1. Play regular team deathmatch. For some reason I find myself doing better in regular deathmatch than in the Onslaught playlist. My logic behind this is that skilled players bought the onslaught DLC more so than the "noobs" so the playlist has stiffer competition. Once you get back up to snuff then you can venture back into that playlist
  2. Run assault killstreaks. I would either run Satcom-Guard dog-Helicopter OR Sat com-guard dog-Trinity rocket. Screw your teammates for now and just focus on getting kills for yourself.
  3. Choose lobbies with less skilled players. Check their K/Ds before the match starts and if you see a lot of players above a 1.5 then back out and find a new lobby.

Here are a few classes to try that should give you an advantage

**Remington

No secondary

No tactical/lethal

Muzzle brake, extended mag

Sleight of hand, quickdraw, dead silence, SITREP(this is a must), hardline

**Honeybadger

No secondary

Notactical/lethal

Tracker sight, extended mags

Steady Aim, Quickdraw, Dead silence, Sitrep, hardline

**SC-2010

No secondary

No tactical/lethal

Silencer, extended mags

Sleight of hand, quickdraw, dead silence, Sitrep, hardline

**AK-12

No secondary

No lethal/tactical

Silencer, extended, grip

3 attachments, dead silence, sitrep, hardline

I normally do not use hardline but it will help you gain the streaks plus 2 assists count as a kill so you should at least be able to get a couple guard dogs each game if not a helicopter. I cannot tell you how many deaths sitrep has prevented me but it is definitely in the hundreds so always use that perk. Not to mention destroying satcoms and ammo boxes add to your killstreak bar. Dead silence is also a perk that ahs probably saved my life tons of times.

Level 9

in reply to Runandgunerring

sitrep a must? I disagree, I find blast shield to be much more effective. a player who is struggling and does not get high killstreaks should not run hardline. They should use those points on something like sleight of hand or marathon.

I would remove fully loaded, hardline, and scavenger from any person I see struggling in Ghosts. It's a waste of points.

Level 15

in reply to AlteredVista

Sitrep is definitely a great perk. Not only will you NEVER die from IEDs, sentry guns, or IMS but like I said it also helps your kilstreak bar. Since it highlights the other teams equipment any given game I will add 2-5 bars to my killstreak meter just from destroying b-vests, satcoms, and ammo boxes that I otherwise would have not been able to see or find. It also basically shows you where players are. If you see a sat com appear then you know a player is in that room or if you see two IEDs in a room then you know someone is in there. Sit rep is by far more useful than blast shield. You completely avoid damage with sitrep with blast shield you still take damage which then leaves you vulnerable as an easy weak kill. Don’t really see how you could find blast shield more effective when sit rep does so much more.

As for hardline I suggested that because he said he uses support streaks which means he probably has trouble chaining together killstreaks. Assault streaks will help him much more in the kill department so he should go for those.  Hardline would make it just a little bit easier for him to get those streaks. 3 kills and two assists for a dog is pretty easy . Then all he has to do for a chopper is get 2 guard dog kills and 2 kills on his own. I see this as a much easier way for him to obtain streaks than just adding another 2 slot perk.

Level 9

in reply to AlteredVista

I don't use either sitrep or blast shield. I don't consider either a must. If you know the maps you should be able to figure out where people have a tendency to place them. Does that mean on occassion an IED will kill you, yes, but it not worth the 2 or 4 points.

My four most common perks across the 6 classes are Dead Silence, Ampify, Focus and Savenger. And if you are dying a lot (like the OP) savenger isn't necessary.  

Level 12

in reply to rainmaker6

Like I said, it does not only alert you to IEDs it does so much more. Sitrep is probably the most multifunctional perk in the game. It shows you IEDs/IMS/sentry, it adds to your streak bar by showing you all the satcoms/ammo boxes/ballistic vests, it shows you where people are because when you see a random ammo box pop up then you know right where to look for enemies, if you see a room full of IEDs you know there are people in there, it allows you to attack a room full force instead of worrying about explosives. For example when people are in top ginas I know whether I can full on rush in there or if I have to shoot an IED and then rush in. Without it you have to just blindly rush in. Sitrep saves me hundreds of deaths and would save you from deaths if you used it. And I have probably saved hundreds of teammates from death as well thanks to sitrep. I can understand if you like Focus but scavenger is totally useless. There are so many weapons on the ground at all times.

Level 9

Sitrep is probably the most multifunctional perk in the game for you, not for me. Focus I benefit from everytime I fire my gun and the rare times I die from IEDs/IMS/sentry is not worth the 2 points. The dog kills my far more often. If you aren't constantly running all 3 are easily avoidable. If your game is built around constantly running and close engagements that might be a different story.

Now I noticed all your classes, execpt 1, are with iron sights. All mine except 1 are build around the ACOG scope with the other being the thermal. We clearly are engaging at different ranges. And since I use a semi-auto on 4 of the 6 classes, being knocked off target is much more important a consideration than the occasional death from an IEDs/IMS/sentry.

Level 12

in reply to rainmaker6

ACOG? That sight restricts your peripherals so bad. I don't mind the thermal because you can flip it into a red dot but the ACOG IMO is the worst sight in the game right along with the holographic sight.

Why not just use the double sight? That has long range and short range scope and it does not cover half of your screen when you are aiming like the acog does?

And I engage at all ranges. it is pretty easy to shoot a person at long distance with iron sights with the R5, honeybadger, and the SC2010. Obviously you can't just hold down the trigger you just do real quick bursts. when shooting at long range.

Level 9

Thermal is slower. Double sight? If you are refering to the VMR it is not available on marksman rifles.

Level 12

Studios