I Keep Getting Worse!!

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: I Keep Getting Worse!!

in reply to JRN00498

The second piece of advice I would give you is to try to stick to a single weapons "class". Shot guns and SMG handle similarly. AR and MR also handle similarly. I personally don't use SMG even on the small maps because they handle differently than the AR and MR I predominantly use.

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to rainmaker6

I agree with you, rainmaker, and thanks for the advice. 9 times out of 10, I am running a AR class. What I was doing prior to going on this little horrific streak of playing, was the following:

AK12 or Maverick AR

Red Dot Sight

Grip

Armor Penetrating Rounds (I have read here that it does not increase damage to anything other than armor)

No Secondary

No Lethal

No Tactical

I hope I get this next part correct, but I suck at Perks, so this may be wrong:

Quickdraw

Focus

The other "eye" that has an X through it

Ready up (If that is the 1 pt perk that says "quicker aiming after sprinting"

and a Fifth one that I can't remember. Darn it. I remember there only being 5 perks, though.

I had been doing alright with the Marksmen Rifles, but after going to hell in a handbasket seemingly overnight, I have gone away from the one shot guns until I get my confidence up.

Level 7

in reply to JRN00498

Okay, something cant be right. I just went 28-12 on Strikezone running the AK12 setup. I have never, ever, had 28 kills in a tdm. Looks like your advice is paying off. Geesh.

Level 7

in reply to JRN00498

You are using Dead Eye?  Seems like such a waste of 5 perk points that could be used for more important things like Dead Silence and Stalker if you are using an AR.

Level 12

in reply to riksterinto

Im sorry, Riksterinto, the perk I am using is one just to the left, and up, from focus. **Blind Eye** thats it! Blind eye. I had to type it as soon as it came to me. My new setups, I have setup to basically keep me from being heard, seen, anything, unless I have one of my "I think Ill just go stand in the middle of the map" moments, where I forget to look at the mini-map, or the screen even for that matter. Tonight has, honestly, probably been the best performance I have had. I never go +2 in TDM, but did it twice tonight. Once on strikezone, and once on Prison Break. Strikezone i actually had 28 kills, all by me shooting, not a killstreak. On Prison Break, I went 19-8- just over 2.0. For me, that is like a once in a lifetime thing because I usually start following my teammies, and get picked off while they kill the guy who killed me.

There were more, less drastic games, but I can say I stayed positive for the hour or so I got in. The only thing that "tarnished" the experience was realizing I was playing a bunch of kids. One poor kid, I heard him cry, "Mom, my nose is bleeding again." That kind of made me think, "Ok, now it all makes sense. Im playing 10 year olds." You know what, right now, I'll take it!

Level 7

in reply to JRN00498

If you are using blind eye on your standard setup I would drop it for dead silence or ampify. Since you don't have decent headsets pick dead silence. You should only have one class with blind eye and you only use it after the first time you die when your opponents have air support. There is no reason to run it on your base setup.

With respect to MR I only use the MR-28 because it is the only one that lets me play aggressively. If you use any of the others I would use them like a poor mans sniper rifle. In that case I would recommend the IA2

Level 12

in reply to rainmaker6

This is my final post in this thread, and I just wanted to express a sincere "Thank You" to every single one of you for sharing yout tips. It would have been so easy for anybody to throw in a "cheapshot" at me because I actively sought your advice, and not one single post said anything like  "yeah, and...", or  "so, youre no good at the game. Play something else." When I posted this question, I was ready to quit out of frustration. When I saw people were not flaming me for being terrible, it actually made me want to play again. I figure, if u guys take the time to answer my question, I at least owe it to you to give it a try. I am glad that I asked for help, and it was awesome to see that the CoD community is more mature than a lot of people give us credit for.

Again, thank you, all of you, for the support and encouragement. I learned a ton of useful information!!

Level 7

Studios