I ask a question.....

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: I ask a question.....

in reply to deano66s

You might as well ask them if they have a washer and dryer. Because in reality there is no way you can relate one thing to the other. This has been explained over and over, and a little bit more. Yet, people still can't digest the fact that both are unrelated.

Level 5
Likes: 47
Posts: 121
Registered: ‎25-11-2012

Re: I ask a question.....

in reply to LimonAgrio

It's simple, the network is P2P, with no dedicated servers. The MS delay is due to one having a horrible connection type with high ping, and the other having a great connection type and low ping. This is what causes host advantage on dedicated servers, because the host is the best connection type on dedicated servers. What you have on the load has no bearing on the game play itself, as you stated before it only uses so much bandwidth. The problem lies with the fact that a good connection or decent connection is given a delay, as the system tries to equal out the connection indifference's. 

Level 2
Likes: 3
Posts: 46
Registered: ‎30-11-2013
Highlighted

Re: I ask a question.....

in reply to TBCxChrOnicx1

TBCxChrOnicx wrote:



It's simple, the network is P2P, with no dedicated servers.


We know this already. No idea why you are pointing out that is simple because of this. Care to explain what the intention of this comment is?


TBCxChrOnicx wrote:




The MS delay is due to one having a horrible connection type with high ping, and the other having a great connection type and low ping.


MS delay? No idea what this is. But yes, if you have a low quality connection you will have a poor experience vs someone that has a high quality connection to the host. Then yes, the person with better quality connection will have a better experience. That one is common sense.


TBCxChrOnicx wrote:



This is what causes host advantage on dedicated servers, because the host is the best connection type on dedicated servers.


Wait, what host advantage on dedicated servers?


TBCxChrOnicx wrote:




The problem lies with the fact that a good connection or decent connection is given a delay, as the system tries to equal out the connection indifference's. 


Care to explain how you came to this conclusion?

Level 5
Likes: 47
Posts: 121
Registered: ‎25-11-2012

Re: I ask a question.....

in reply to LimonAgrio

Okay, in a peer to peer setting, there is going to be massive lag, if my 100mb/s connection goes against a 3mb/s connection. I'm going to have an extreme advantage.

MS Delay is millisecond delay, which is created by the system, to compensate for the massive connection indifference's, while playing on a peer to peer network. The compensation happens with me seeing things milliseconds after someone else sees them, because the system is compensating for the connection differences.

Host Advantage on dedicated servers is simple, everyone connects to the server, the host is normally the 'best connection' to which the server reply's (in ping) to everyone's consoles. Go figure that the reply is faster by the 100mb/s connection, compared to the 3mb/s connection.

Level 2
Likes: 3
Posts: 46
Registered: ‎30-11-2013

Re: I ask a question.....

in reply to TBCxChrOnicx1

TBCxChrOnicx wrote:

Okay, in a peer to peer setting, there is going to be massive lag, if my 100mb/s up connection goes against a 3mb/s connection. I'm going to have an extreme advantage.

Okay, assuming you could have a CONSTANT 3ms ping (and you can't), in your scenario? It would not matter because the information from both players arrives to the host and is then buffered. It then calculates what happened when because every event that takes place in the game is time stamped and sent in packets to the host. So, regardless of what you see on your screen, if you won the engagement, you're scored a win for that engagement.

MS Delay is millisecond delay, which is created by the system, to compensate for the massive connection indifference's, while playing on a peer to peer network. The compensation happens with me seeing things milliseconds after someone else sees them, because the system is compensating for the connection differences.

"MS Delay" = ping or latency. Ping for the amount of latency between two different systems; latency for amount of time information travels within a device. It is not "created by the system to compensate for" shyt. It's "created" by the laws of physics. It occurs on all systems and on all networks - including LAN (local area network). The "compensation" is actually meant to prevent you from seeing things happen at a different time than they actually occurred. It's sole purpose is to give the illusion of smooth operation and ALL online games use "lag compensation."

Host Advantage on dedicated servers is simple, everyone connects to the server, the host is normally the 'best connection' to which the server reply's (in ping) to everyone's consoles. Go figure that the reply is faster by the 100mb/s connection, compared to the 3mb/s connection.

There is no such thing as "host advantage" on dedicated servers because the dedicated server DOES NOT HAVE A PLAYER.

A 100Mb/s connection means that your service will download 100Mb per second. It has nothing to do with HOW fast it download, it deals strictly with the VOLUME of the download. That's why Limon told you what he did - if the game operates at 0.4Mbs, what difference does it make if you're on a 100Mb/s connection or 3Mb/s connection? Both connections are far more than necessary to play the game.

For an IP admin, you really don't know squat about how the internet works.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62
Likes: 3467
Posts: 6218
Registered: ‎24-05-2011

Re: I ask a question.....

in reply to TBCxChrOnicx1

TBCxChrOnicx wrote:



Okay, in a peer to peer setting, there is going to be massive lag, if my 100mb/s connection goes against a 3mb/s connection. I'm going to have an extreme advantage.



MS Delay is millisecond delay, which is created by the system, to compensate for the massive connection indifference's, while playing on a peer to peer network. The compensation happens with me seeing things milliseconds after someone else sees them, because the system is compensating for the connection differences.



Host Advantage on dedicated servers is simple, everyone connects to the server, the host is normally the 'best connection' to which the server reply's (in ping) to everyone's consoles. Go figure that the reply is faster by the 100mb/s connection, compared to the 3mb/s connection.


You are trying to create a relation between two things that do not relate. The bandwidth only relates to the amount of data you can send or receive not how fast.

For example, If you have 1,000,000 cars (lets say this is the data) that need to go from point A(you) to point B(host) at a given speed of 55 MPH. To accomplish this you have two options a 4 lane highway(high bandwidth) and a single (1) lane highway (low bandwidth). Your cars will take the total 1,000,000 cars will take less amount of time if they use the 4 lane highway. Not because you will be driving faster but, because you have more lanes available. Now, when you start adding conditions to your highway things might change. For example, if you add heavy traffic congestion or speed bumps into either one you are changing the conditions therefore, results may a will vary.

That is the only relation between speed and bandwidth. It is a simple as bandwidth has no relation whatsoever to your ping. It is completely unrelated. Lower bandwidth does not equal less latency and vice versa.

Level 5
Likes: 47
Posts: 121
Registered: ‎25-11-2012

Re: I ask a question.....

in reply to LimonAgrio

So let me ask you this, how do you compare the bandwidth of a 4 lane highway with a single lane highway, and use this fact that it's packet loss, then in the same comment turn around and claim that the bandwidth has no bearing on the ping?

If I funnel my connection, I funnel the ping just the same.

You claim I have screws loose, yet you can't even make a coherent statement. It's either one or the other, not both.

Level 2
Likes: 3
Posts: 46
Registered: ‎30-11-2013

Re: I ask a question.....

in reply to TBCxChrOnicx1

TBCxChrOnicx wrote:



So let me ask you this, how do you compare the bandwidth of a 4 lane highway with a single lane highway,


LMAO!!!

Okay, if a 4 lane highway is faster than a 1 lane highway (how is that possible?) ... then why, during rush hour, it takes so long to get home?

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62
Likes: 3467
Posts: 6218
Registered: ‎24-05-2011

Re: I ask a question.....

in reply to TBCxChrOnicx1

TBCxChrOnicx wrote:



So let me ask you this, how do you compare the bandwidth of a 4 lane highway with a single lane highway, and use this fact that it's packet loss, then in the same comment turn around and claim that the bandwidth has no bearing on the ping?



If I funnel my connection, I funnel the ping just the same.



You claim I have screws loose, yet you can't even make a coherent statement. It's either one or the other, not both.


Wow, I would suggest you re-read the analogy, If you cannot understand it. You will not understand more complex stuff.

1st. In the analogy. I called a 4 lane highway (high bandwidth) and 1 lane highway (lower bandwidth).

2nd. Never in the post I mentioned packet loss. You brought that up.

3rd. Care to explain what "funneling" your connection and "funneling" your ping means. Sorry, I've been in the telecom industry for a while and have never heard of any "funneling" going on. Care to explain?

Where did I say you had loose screws again?

Level 5
Likes: 47
Posts: 121
Registered: ‎25-11-2012

Re: I ask a question.....

in reply to LimonAgrio

I said he had a screw loose Limon ... and he does ... and I am the one that brought up packet loss.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62
Likes: 3467
Posts: 6218
Registered: ‎24-05-2011

Studios