I ask a question.....

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

I ask a question.....

When I see high kd or good score in game I ask this question...

"Hi can you tell me your internet speed please? I am asking players that insta kill me, have good KD or have a good score, thanks in advance."

This is 99% of the replies I receive......

lol 2.1meg. connection does matter

mines awful ...

I have a really bad download connection. Just focus and be a bit campy! Best of luck man! You die really fast just remeber that mate

crapp 0.9 up 6 down...

very bad connection...

shit y?..

virgin...

The lag comp in this game needs to addressed.

Level 2
106 REPLIES

Re: I ask a question.....

in reply to deano66s

So...everyone who is better than you is simply benefiting from their connection?

Sorry, this excuse has been tried before and this discussion has been kicked around to death at this point.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

errr thats because it exists fact thats why they tried so much with MW3 to fix it but failed.

Level 2

in reply to deano66s

How would you go about fixing this?

Level 7

in reply to BamBoozeLLed

another answer to my very profound question i will be venturing online tonight so will pose this question to many others.

i have the worst internet

Level 2

in reply to BamBoozeLLed

reduce the lag comp algorithm

Level 2

in reply to deano66s

Its a cheaty advantage by manipulating the nature of latency. Its not lag comp they need to fix, its the quality of connection which they allow that needs looking at.

BTW anyone who says speed counts has zero clue what they are talking about, as they have the misconception that internet 'speed' represents velocity. It doesn't. Not even close.

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

Correct. Internet "speed" is not 'speed' at all. It is bandwidth. Basically, how much data can be transferred per second, not how fast. Think of it like trucks going through a tunnel, with "speed", or bandwidth, being the size of the tunnel. The larger the tunnel, the more trucks that will fit inside, transferring more load. The speed of the trucks are still the same, and to get the loads to the other end, time-wise, all depends on the length of the tunnel, which is the latency, or ping. CoD requires a very small "truck", so to speak, so your high-"speed" internet bandwidth really make no difference at all. It's all about latency - the length of the tunnel. Basically, whoever is closest to the IP server has the best "connection", assuming your hardware and software is wired and configured properly.

Level 8

in reply to deano66s

Sorry but i have to disagree that lag comp isn't affecting this game too much at all, id say there are other issues though. Hit registration is completely fine, but the amounts of shots it takes to kill someone is ridiculously low.

Level 7

in reply to killabig

Well, now that's a new one. Everyone else is saying TTK and hit detection is too good. (I know - but that is what people are claiming)

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

Studios