I'm an older gamer, GET OVER IT

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

I'm an older gamer, GET OVER IT

I'm 43 and I Play computer games ffs get over it people in Ghosts. If it wasn't for people of my age paying consoles since the Atari and computer since the ZX spectrum, you wouldn't have games like you do today. Who do the youngsters think started the COD franchise off by buying this game on PC (a platform that is no longer shown the same love or respect as console). We old gamers (43 old lol) made gaming what it is today.....

And it's amazing how many of them leave the game because they can't beat me. 

Level 6
48 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: I'm an older gamer, GET OVER IT

in reply to Keepmequite

Anyone can have fun with videogames, anyone. If u are good, ppl are just jealous, thats all

Level 1

in reply to Keepmequite

I'm 48 and I'm with ya all the way. Pong on the Atari was my first exposure to video gaming in 1976 and I'm still playing video games today. However I no longer play with my Action Man or ride my Raleigh Chopper bike. I've upgraded both to grown up versions, ie, I'm the action man due to my varied physical activities and I ride motorbikes on and off track as well as the road.

48 going on 28 and living the life.

Level 4

I still have my Raleigh Chopper in my Old man's Garage lol. Saving it for my Grandson when his older. Still in great condition and all working perfect. Kids now a days don't know what a real bike is all about lol

Level 6

in reply to Keepmequite

Same here mate.  Atari 2600, ZX Spectrum, Amiga 500 etc etc.

Played (and won) in the MOHAA and Vanilla Cod Leagues on the PC back in the day.

PC modding community was amazing too, some of the maps were brilliant.  Think that's why it gets a bum deal now days as the devs cant fleece PC gamers for the new maps.

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz

30's here and all my mates are too. Still play weekly and I'll soon be teaching my kid the ropes when he's old enough to pick up a controller. If he doesn't learn to play the objectives he won't ever get his own console for Christmas

.......ZX Spectrum+ and Amiga 500...........those were the days. I might have to fetch the 500 down from the loft over Christmas (can't be fiddling with the Amiga emulator)!

Level 7

in reply to Robwolves

Apparently you can get an amiga emulater for your mobile now days - crazy huh?!

I remember the days games were released and that was it, no patches, no fixes, nothing.

No amount of moaning could get the game altered!

To be fair though, games were tried and tested properly before release.....!

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz

Mobile?....Geez. I might give that a go, although you can't beat playing with a good old Cheetah joystick!

Exactly, people just got on with it and either played it or not no matter state it came in. Although I do remember Beneath the Steel Sky being very late on release, coming with 13 floppy disks and still have some bugs. That was some serious disk swapping needed when playing that game!

Fifa??? Bring back Sensible Soccer

Level 7

in reply to Robwolves

I was lucky enough to have an additional 2 floppy drives for my 500+!

Still meant a nightmare for multiple disked games though, especially if the devs hadn't written them to recognise multiple drives!!!

The original Mortal Kombat on Amiga was terrible, had to swap disks after every single fight lol!

Sensible Soccer was magic tho, along with one of my faves - Cannon Fodder!

So amazed that hasn't had an arcade re-release?

I'm 34 and pretty much the youngest out of my group of mates who play Cod and we give the youngsters a good beating on a regular basis.

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz

My brother was spoiled and had a A1200 with a hard drive, whilst I got RSI from disk swapping!

Ahh, Cannon Fodder, another gem.

34 too, explains the good taste in games and computers of old!

Level 7

Studios