I'm an older gamer, GET OVER IT

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: I'm an older gamer, GET OVER IT

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Unknown-3.jpeg

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

in reply to Keepmequite

Ignore some of the forum regs here.  I think some of them think if say anything positive, or don't say anything negative, they'll be banned or something.

43 and still kicking ass.  I sometimes wonder what I'll look like when I'm 73 holding a controller and cursing at the TV.  Grandkids, god willing, will either love or hate going to senile grandpa's house.

Asteroids in the 80's.  Flip that score, baby.

I think, unlike our generation, our parents didn't know about vid games and thus weren't all that sophisticated about it.  Kids buying games today have us as parents.  Game devs need to know that this is a new situation.  If I don't buy Ghosts, my kids won't be playing it either. 

Immerse me.
Yppecaye_the_Dogged

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

"Ignore some of the forum regs here.  I think some of them think if say anything positive, or don't say anything negative, they'll be banned or something."

Yep it gets rather boring really quick. They sit there behind there computer feeling all high and mighty complaining and insulting threads and replies by doing the same thing there complaining about. How short sighted of those.

Keepmequite

in reply to Keepmequite

Keepmequite wrote:

And it's amazing how many of them leave the game because they can't beat me.

Its amazing how people complain over a video game.

Except for this thread which I agree with there are SOME people who complain about this game meanwhile telling other people to get over it.

I started with the Atari 2600 and started programming since the TRS-80.

starbuckfrack Level 72
Highlighted

in reply to Keepmequite

Any u oldies play H.C only? If you do & are ever at a loose end drop me an inv (tman612).

chris612

in reply to Keepmequite

I don't really understand the point of this thread. I am older than the OP and have never needed other/younger players to get over it. How would they know my age anyhow?

All I see here is a lot of anger and some self-congratulating from the OP.

edit: The average gamer age is 35 according to most studies, so being 43 is no big deal.

Slopat

in reply to Keepmequite

You said it right on the nail. The kids do not like older players like us who can play the game great. I am half the age of some of these guys, but I am nearly at the legal drinking age of 21. I have developed. I can play smarter, and I can play harder. Kids hate the fact that it is easier for us to play than it is for them. They just want it a kids game, well.. not going to happen. Most of the cod community does buy the game every year. A lot of players who played since cod 4, and Mw2 left cod, but most still love call of duty despite what bull crud happens to allow for kids to have a chance at playing this game. Activision has realized their player base is a ton of children so they treat the game as if only children will play it. It sucks for the adults, yet the children still complain about older people playing the game. I think activision should respect the older fan base more and give us what they have given us in the past: A well functioning game, with less bull crud. The kids can deal with it and practice more.

Da_Young_Worm

in reply to Keepmequite

Wow, i still remember my adam computer with buck rogers on it...does that make me old?

xxxharveystjock

in reply to Keepmequite

Keepmequite wrote:

I'm 43 and I Play computer games ffs get over it people in Ghosts. If it wasn't for people of my age paying consoles since the Atari and computer since the ZX spectrum, you wouldn't have games like you do today. Who do the youngsters think started the COD franchise off by buying this game on PC (a platform that is no longer shown the same love or respect as console). We old gamers (43 old lol) made gaming what it is today.....

And it's amazing how many of them leave the game because they can't beat me.

I agree that in-game harassment is lame. Report these people in-game and through Xbox Live if they're harassing you and then mute them. That said I'm locking this thread. It's a rant aimed at people that more than likely do not even post here. What's worse is that your diction includes all of us when we're not the ones doing anything.

If you want to create an "older gamers" post in the Off Topic section however then be my guest. That part was probably the only thing constructive here.

Moderator Moderator

Studios