I want gibbing back

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

I want gibbing back

I miss the old days of WaW where you could snipe somebody and watch there chest explode.  I know that one of the reasons they took it out of the game is that it took processing power, but with next gen, it's doable again.  Unfortunately it will never happen.  They can't do it anymore because parents complain/sued treyarch because their small children were seeing this kind of gore.  It just doesn't make sense.  The game is rated M, 17+, why is it that the developers have to cater to make it more appropriate for little kids?  At this point, CoD could go back to being rated teen, because it's been dumbed down to a 12 year olds viewing level. 

Level 5
13 REPLIES

Re: I want gibbing back

in reply to Rogue_Convict

Its not coming back to the game ever. As more players play the game and not everyone wants to see it plus the extra animation and cpu it would need for it especially in a large match like ground war it would cause too much game lag because of it.

the esrb rating does not apply to online game play it only applies to the campaign. plus the rating is not just because of the violence but because of the language in the game.

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to trialstardragon

Even if a certain aspect of the game isn't rated it's still part of the same game and earns the same rating throughout. With the power of the next gen consoles the possibility is there. Although, you're probably right. It won't be coming back.

Level 10

in reply to JobIessMoney

Incorrect. only sp is rated by the esrb mp is not rated at all. so no it does not matter if it rated m/17 or anything for xbl is kept e-for everyone since it is a family service and not just for gore seekers.

Level 70

So you're saying the gore infested multiplayer of Gears of War can be played by anyone since it's not rated? No. While it's not truely rated it is generally accepted that the rating for SP carries over to MP.

Level 10

in reply to JobIessMoney

Only by people like you. Those that understand what the esrb is and how it works and what it is for understand that the rating is only for sp ever and not for mp at all. And that is where the problem begins.

So does not matter if the sp rating is M/17 it does not mean the mp will have or needs such content in the game too. Plus the rating is not just applied becasue of gore itself, it is language which this game has some bad language and the fact the game represnets terrorism which is a real thing. Unlike gears which has you facing off against monsters which are not real.

Plus the m/17 rating does not give the players any special rights in mp to act like children and swear/cuss make profane emblems eithers like some try to claim as justification for their emblems.

Level 70

I know that the rating is applied because of all content in the game not just violence/gore. And you're completely oblivious to what I'm saying. I understand that the rating isn't for multiplayer. With a M rating this gives you an idea of some of the multiplayer atleast. This is why I feel (Obviously I can't speak for everyone) that the rating is generally accepted for both SP and MP. Either way I'm done with this conversation, it's getting us nowhere.

Level 10

Why is gore so important? I really don't notice the blood while playing unless I'm close to the enemy I'm shooting. I want fun. Fun doesn't require more blood.

Level 21

Only Treyarch would be bring back gibbing and gore as they are the only ones who have done it in COD

Level 10

Treyarch said that gibbing was removed due to memory issues, but I doubt that'll be an issue this time around. But I doubt IW will do gibs, as awesome as it is. And trialstar, you can disable gibs in Treyarch games, I fail to see any issue.

Level 61

Studios