IW can you please not make K/D's public!

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

IW can you please not make K/D's public!

Have you ever had a really bad game and then you see the little line graph of your K/D and then get trash talked in the next game? That is why I don't want K/D's to be public!

Level 1
12 REPLIES

Re: IW can you please not make K/D's public!

in reply to DoctorWho957

Mute them. Problem solved.

Level 8

in reply to DoctorWho957

It's times like this, when a question gets asked, that maybe forums shouldn't be so public......

Level 8

in reply to DoctorWho957

Seriously dude man up. You really got so upset over some people making fun of your K./D that you made a thread about it?

As for taking away K/D that will never happen. This sounds crazy and overdramatic but if they took away K/D I would not play CoD anymore. K/D is like a rank for me it is something that I check almost every game as I am always trying to raise it. I like comparing my K/D to other players and I like checking out other players K/Ds in the pregame lobby so I know what I am going up against. It is my main motivation and I know it is many others motivation as well. If they ever did take it away they would lose thousands of players no doubt.

Level 9

in reply to Runandgunerring

AAfter max prestige It's what drives me to get better... As in how can I raise it, I wish they would add score per minute cause that was my main goal in dom... Also motivates people to play the objective

Level 11

in reply to Runandgunerring

Whilst he (or she) should 'man up', the other people shouldn't be making fun of other's having bad games regardless.  You can have KD available in the game but not make it available for others to see.  If you only play COD for only KD then may be some people would question whether you should be playing COD anyway.

Level 31

in reply to DoctorWho957

Use that butthurt rage to motivate you to get better.

Level 5

in reply to DoctorWho957

I have to agree.  The K/D stat being more public with the recent update has not only caused the lower skilled players being insulted more often, but now people will worry about their recent K/D and avoid objectives even more.  It's bad enough Call of Duty: Ghosts revived the simplistic killstreak system that dilutes the merit of objective pursuits, and now I have to deal with this recent K/D crap.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to DoctorWho957

I wish K/D wasn't so important to people. I play plenty of games where as soon as people are negative they camp up untill they are positive again, I get sick of people ignoring objectives because of it as well. It's really annoying trying to win a game of dom single handedly while your team are too busy trying to keep their K/D intact whilst still getting heavily beaten.

The way I see it, someone with a genuinely good K/D doesn't need to bother with it because they are good enough to hold that K/D without needing to try to raise it. People who care about K/D shouldn't play to keep a good K/D, they should focus on improving their game so they have a good K/D regardless.

I don't think it is a great way to measure player ability, just because a player has a good K/D doesn't mean they are good, who knows how they managed to get it. IMO player skill is shown by a mixture of K/D W/L and accuracy because it shows how good the player is at winning gun fights, how valuable they are to the team effort and how efficiently they can kill with weapons.

As my good friend says "K/D only matters if you win"

Level 6

in reply to DoctorWho957

As long as people can artificially double or triple their KD by dashboarding every time they are having a bad game it is a completely worthless stat.

Level 4

Studios