Input on possible solutions to quickscoping

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Input on possible solutions to quickscoping

in reply to THExVeng3anc3

I have a far easier solution, remove all non bolt action snipers, make it so you start with an iron sight, and progressively reward players with scopes after so many kills. After all challenges are complete the player is then rewarded with a variable zoom scope which allows access to 3 zoom levels, each of which has a progressively worse sway when you first ADS. The greater the zoom the greater the sway when you first ADS.

The iron sight bolt action would function as the KAR98 did in previous titles, 1sk from the chest up and 2sk for abdomen, legs and arms.

I also think that scopes on any weapon should have sway, even thermals. That would give an ADS advantage to anyone using ironsights as it should.

Level 9

in reply to AntiGov

I would love that idea, just like in WAW where all the bolt actions were Iron sights that had scope unlocks apart from the springfield I believe. Used to love running around with the Iron Sight bolt actions, for the same reason I love sniping, limiting your self to 1 shot to get the kill is tough but feels so rewarding when you pull it off.

I hate all the sniper hate and constant nerfs they get. If all the people who complain about sniping put on a class with just a bolt action sniper (no secondary, no tactical/leathal) and played as aggressive as they do with an SMG/AR for a week or so people would soon realise how much BS snipers get and that it isn't quite as easy as they seem to think.

I don't really think a lot of people realise why people enjoy sniping. The majority of players will use the most OP weapons, usually the weapons of choice for competitive players. In BO2 it was the MSMC, M8 and AN-94 in ghosts its the MTAR-X, Honey badger, AK-12 and competitive players use these weapons because they are the most effective weapons. The sniping community on the other hand is a community that looks at challenging themselves, we don't use snipers because they have a particular advantage, we use them because the limitations they have make them un-forgiving in aggressive play and managing to do well with them shows a players consistency. If I run round with an MTAR at close range I need to land 2 shots to kill them, if I miss the first 2 shots I still have a full mag to put into them. If I run round with a sniper I have to land 1 shot to kill them but If I miss that shot or get a hit-marker, unless my opponent is really bad I am dead. With the addition of having hip-fire spread that even at point-blank range is a lucky kill, and having an ADS time slow enough that any gun meant for closer ranges has time to kill the sniper. Aggressive sniping is about trying to handi-cap yourself, if people want to play this way I don't see what the problem is. If a player is bad at it they are easy kills, if a player is good at it, well, sniper or not that person is going to beat you.

People want nerfs to snipers, but what they are really asking for is for the Devs to nerf the players. Twist it how you like but this is what it comes down to.

And FYI, I have used snipers ALOT!! the same as I have used reg guns ALOT!! When I make an argument I try not to be biased, I like sniping and I obviously want to be able to do it but in terms of balance I look at the overall picture. I have no care for stats and at that they aren't bad so I don't need to worry, I don't complain because I feel butthurt because most of the time I win. The arguments I make are always based on what I see and experience as a player, I try to see every side to the story and construct my opinions around what I think would make all player bases happy and generally improve the game, not what would make me personally happy. I would appreciate it if the community looked at things the same way.

Level 6

QS in the beginning before the nerfs really were more of an issue, now a days I havent seem much QS.. I have seen regular sniping, but i cant get mad if im running down long range and i get sniped.. in fact yesterday i just got my ghillie suit and been sniping.. its make it a bit more fun

Level 4
Highlighted

Quickscoping on Ghost's is almost non-existent when compared to BO2. In BO2 you had 3 or 4 players per match doing it so I'm just happy they reduced it by this much.

Level 4

The only sniper that bothers me is the USR. I'm pretty sure it has a faster ADS than the rest so I would think that's the problem. The other snipers don't bother me and seem balanced.

Nerf the USR's ADS time and I would say they got it perfect.

Level 15

in reply to AlteredVista

no the USR is perfect the way it is.. if they nerf the ADS,t hen it cannot compete in mid to long range battles

Level 4

In all honesty, it just seems like IW doesn't even care about how many people are complaining about a clearly imbalanced factor in their game.

If you want to "fix" the problem, you have to remove it entirely, and it's extremely simply to do so. No firing while zooming in, or until completely zoomed in for 0.2 seconds or more. If people want to "keep" their original playstyle, they can simply apply this to core only and leave HC and other untouched to this change, that way the QS people are still happy, and people who just want to play the game properly can be happy too.

It would be nice if the devs would at least try to address this problem in a way to make everyone happy, but I just don't see them doing so.

Level 8

increase the accuracy of snipers will help because if you get killed by a Q.S the aim is never on you it is always if off target.

i use snipers and i have see with my own eyes that you can hard aim get you shot on target but no hit detection and if i Q.S sum one the target will be off target but i kill the player if the hard aim don't work rite and we wont gold guns then all you players that hate Q.S will have to get over it till they fix it

Level 4

Studios