Is it April 1st ?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Is it April 1st ?

It was my first chance to play last night since the changes to the game (didn't get DLC). WTF is going on ?

It would appear IW / Activision are just incapable when it comes to evening the game out and making it a FUN experiences. WTF have you done to Amplify and Dead silence NOW. A Player can't even hear himself slid now let alone food steps while dead silence is on. Amplify has gone from an abusive perk to almost worthless 99% of the time now. I hide in the long grass / bushes in Prison Break and players on the other team were basically running within knifing distance to me, if not standing on me and I only heard one player who obviously wasn't running DS. Every one else could tap dance on my head and I couldn't hear a thing even with Turtle beach and amplify.

Don't get me wrong I feel both perks were unbalanced in ghosts but they have gone from one extreme to the other. People with any game sense and the ones that will give you a challenging game (not corner campers) will run DS now, making amply worthless and the ones that don't are the type of players I could kill without the need of amply anyway. This type of BS is what makes people like myself think you haven't gotten a dam clue about what the community asks for or how to make your game a fun experience.. With the amalgamation of game Data and player feedback you must of collected over the years, this is truthfully your best effort at balance these two perks.      SHAMEFULLY PATHETIC

It would appear being a game designer is a licence to print cash, no matter how bad you are at it.

Level 6
22 REPLIES

Re: Is it April 1st ?

in reply to Keepmequite

You see- they saw that almost everyone used DS, so they thought to themselves "gee this must be a perk that everyone just loves.." so they decided to make it even better, you know, to 'give back' a little.

Meanwhile they never actually looked at the reason why almost everyone used it- and making changes there.

So now, instead of everyone just using DS because of necessity, everyone will use it for how powerful it is as well.

Think they failed problem solving 101.

Level 13

in reply to Keepmequite

Are you kidding me?! The DS and Amplify work as intended now. Yep, your camping days in "long grass" are over, time to move into a corner.

Level 9

in reply to SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA

Camping ROFLMAO. First off please don't presume because I think this so called fix has gone too far, that I sit in a corner and camp ffs. I can think of nothing more mind numbing and boring than spending X amount on a game to sit in the corner in the hope some Noob will run past. It's like buying a sports car and never taking it out of your Garage.

I can understand your limited ability to understand Amplify was not just for campers. It's due to individuals like yourself that this change has been implemented.  I may not run about like a man on drugs in Ghost but I still move around constantly even if it's detrimental to my KD. Amplified was a really good to counter rushers and allowed a limited ability to protect your rear end on maps that are not the best in the COD franchise. But instead of balancing these two perks to counter each other at a shorter distance, they have simply changed which of the two is now the most OP.

No perk should be mandatory in COD but in Ghost there are a few that are if you wish to hold a reasonable KD, like Focus, Sitrep, stalker for assault users etc. So giving the reason Amplify was nerfed because every one was using it, is simply flawed.

Level 6

in reply to Keepmequite

You don't really need focus anymore.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Keepmequite

No perk is mandatory in ghosts to do well at all. I can run with no perks at all and still go positive in a match. Hell I can remove all perks and attachments and equipment and still go positive with just the weapon itself.

Level 70

in reply to Keepmequite

You are the kid thats ruining this game. I cant even run to the other side of the map without checking every corner crouch walking the entire way there. They shouldnt have brought amplyfied into the game. What happened to MW2 with just ninja pro making your footsteps silent. We dont need amplified.

Level 10

in reply to iamyourfather

Yes we do because dead silence needs a counter, you must have forgot about sitrep pro.

Level 9

in reply to BU773TPROOF

I don't understand why a counter needs a counter.

DS is a counter to footsteps. That is it's ONLY advantage.

The counter to DS is your eyes and general awareness.

I don't want people to think I am against sound in the game, I am a huge supporter of improving sound in the game. But it should be one of the tools, not THE tool.

After seeing Lone Survivor and hearing the sound in that movie I couldn't help but think CoD could continue to improve their sound. Make it so players can hear the bullets whizzing around them. Instead of creating unbalanced perks like Amplify.. why not integrate the surroundings more? For example players could smash glass in the area they are defending. Any player who walks on that area would generate a "glass-crunching" sound effect. Wet areas should sound wet. You walk off an area of packed snow on a snow map, you make more noise... etc, etc. This would force DS users to think about where they were running or walking( Another thing to think about, DS could have slightly audible footsteps when walking and slightly louder when running). This would make FAR more sense than having a perk specifically designed to counter another perk that ALSO, by the way, acts as an Audio Wall Hack and discourages the player from moving.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to Keepmequite

All they did was they shifted the more powerful side to the side that helps the majority more, which is the people that don't use headsets.  It was the right business decision on Activision's part.

I'm the one with the 18 page thread hating that sound is this simple at all, loud or quiet.  Oh boy, so much to work with there.

Level 7

Studios