Is it worth getting a monitor?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Is it worth getting a monitor?

Hi just wanting to know if it's worth getting a monitor for gaming? As I can get a pretty good deal on a benq full hd 24" gl2450hm. Apparently it's what mlg use and recommend. at the moment I'm using a 50" full hd 3d TV Samsung. I know it would probably be less strain on my eyes looking left and right constantly On such a big screen. Plus I like to sit close to the TV. I have read everyone that's done a switch wouldn't go back to a big screen. Does it really make a difference just wanted to see what you guys opinions are. thanks all.

Level 9
34 REPLIES

Re: Is it worth getting a monitor?

in reply to Bulletcasster75

Thanks for posting this one Bulletcasster75, I'm in exactly the same situation.

I will watch with interest.

Level 20

I Switched from 50 inch to the vx238 asus with a 1ms refresh rate ,,, got it for around $160 and worth every penny I won't. Even with the screen on the monitor being less than half the size I lost nothing. I won't go back now since switching to the monitor. So my answer is yes for me it was well worth it.

Level 75

same here, switched from a 42" Plasma to a 26" LED and i'll never go back. reaction times seem to be better when all the action happens in front of you.

Level 10

100% worth it. I have a BenQ XL2420T & its so good for gaming on console & PC.

Level 11

in reply to PatMoran

I have the exact same monitor, I think they're discontinued now. They just released an RTS monitor and a fighting game monitor, I'd say the new FPS monitor won't be far behind.

Level 9

I play on a 42in widescreen and I sit within five feet of the screen. If I had a 50in or higher TV I'd sit farther back, but I haven't played CoD on a smaller monitor. Personally, I like playing on a large screen, fills the peripheral and I stare straight into center, which is useful for quickscoping and run-n-gun quickdraw classes.

Level 6

I use a 24" LG HD Monitor/TV to game on, it works a treat. Anything smaller or bigger I personally find hard work.

Level 4

Absolutely worth it. I got an Asus for less than $150 and it works great. You won't go back once you switch.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

As nicedrewishfela says, absolutely make the purchase, you "will" notice the difference. I am in the midst of upgrading mine, looking at getting a 27 inch, either benQ or an asus, read some reviews, still not quite sure. Do a little research, some suffer from issues, an example being ghosting. Don't just go for the one that offers 1ms response time, look into it more.

Level 11

Studios