Is there no Headquarters game mode in Ghosts?!?!?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Is there no Headquarters game mode in Ghosts?!?!?

I know that most people that don't play headquarters absolutely hate it because the gameplay is so hectic and it takes so much skill to play but the people that do play it are very dedicated to it and that's all they play. From everything that I have seen where the game modes are listed, there is no headquarters. Headquarters has been a staple of call of duty and been there for every one since cod4 and it is the number  1 game mode I play as well as thousands of others. There are tons of clans that just play headquarters and ones that have been playing hq from the beginning. So my question is, "is Headquarters game mode in Call of Duty Ghosts?" If it is not there will be a ton of loyal call of duty players that will be extremely pissed off including me.

Level 1
40 REPLIES

Re: Is there no Headquarters game mode in Ghosts?!?!?

in reply to bumbaklott

well hq from infinity ward dont give much xp when you hold it like what the first black ops was mw3 10 and bo 1 50 so really dont play it on infinity ward that much as far as i know there some coming back tho tis website tells you whats in the game so far Call of Duty: Ghosts - The Call of Duty Wiki - Black Ops II, Modern Warfare 3, and more!

Level 3

in reply to bumbaklott

You seriously think that many people play it?  Really?  I have NEVER seen more than 1000 people playing headquarters since BO1

Level 5

in reply to Rogue_Convict

Then you didn't pay much attention to the mode in MW3, because I can't recall seeing less than 5000 in the mode at the height of the game.  It was a very popular mode on MW and CoD2 as well.  You're just not accounting for the saturation of people who play game modes that allow you to camp to victory.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with camping to victory, but you're not going to like a mode that forces you to step outside of your tent.

Level 3

in reply to bumbaklott

Like I said before, the people that do play it are dedicated because it is the reallest game mode.

Level 1

in reply to bumbaklott

I hope there are a variety of modes, that has always been one of the reasons CoD has been so popular over the years as it provides everyone with an experience they can enjoy.

That being said, I would hope you wouldn't limit yourself and think that is the only worthwhile game mode. I played a little HQ in previous games, and while it is fun it is also crazy predictable after a while, which is why I think it declined in popularity over the years. If they could take the base HQ mode and perhaps make the HQs more random, and work on the scoring for it, I think it could be a viable mode again.

I think they should have a rotating playlist with community modes and popular modes. This way certain modes won't be played to death and will allow people to be exposed to modes they may have never tried before.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Actually the only predictable HQ is the first one of every match. After that they are random. There are usually 4-6 locations for the HQ to spawn at on each map. The random locations is part of the fun. Hardpoint was the mode that they went in a specific order.

Level 16

in reply to blb128

I stand corrected if that is in fact the case.

Its been a while since I played HQ, but my overall beef with COD Objective Modes is the predictability and repetitive nature.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to bumbaklott

HQ does not require any more skill than ctf or snd or dom or demo or hp or kc. To try and say it does is just false. They are not worried if you are going to be po'd or not. Nor are they going to either. They do not have to keep it just because you liked it or others liked it. They have the right to remove any game mode or list they dont feel is needed anymore by the majority of the players of the game.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

if you played against a top hq clan you would see that how much skill and team work it takes to play.

Level 1

Studios