Knifing further nerf'd; We weren't told.

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Knifing further nerf'd; We weren't told.

Yesterday, I decided to go back on my knifing class and do the Devastation maps, since those are small maps and perfect for knifing.

It was a mistake.

As it turns out, or as I discovered for myself, I can no longer knife someone immediately after running into them, except in very rare circumstances (e.g. they are climbing stairs or a ladder, they are jumpshooting in my direction and I make it to them before I die). I wish this game had a Theater mode so I could put up a link to some of the more ridiculous moments on Killcam, including one in a Final K-cam where you can see me very clearly knife the guy who is just standing there (you see me swipe my arm through him) and nothing happens. He then panic shoots me with his AR at PB range, since you can tell he just starts firing without even pointing the gun at me.

The reason this last one was such a big deal for me is that I wasn't the only one to see it and go, "what the hell was that?" Three other people in the match, including the guy who killed me, saw the killcam and began commenting on how f*cked up that had been. Of course, the guy who killed me was laughing at it while the other two, who were in my team, were so pissed at the glitch (or whatever it is) that they left. The other reason it was a big deal was that this guy had been standing still, ADS, and I didn't even rush to kill him; I had time to walk. You can clearly see him turn around, once it is too late, as I am "knifing" him, and the knife not do anything. It wasn't as though we ran into each other or I ran at him and knifed too early for a connection lag to register. No. This was something I've never seen in a CoD game.... an actual knife NOT being what it has always been:

The Super Effective Claw of the Almighty Knifing God, Magnus Meleedorus

Level 12
25 REPLIES

Re: Knifing further nerf'd; We weren't told.

in reply to thaesino

The guard dog was nerfed too. I am sure of it because it doesn't react like it used to. It plays sit when I'm getting shot at.

Level 3

in reply to bxr2004

Yes! I have actually thrown a knife at a dog who is just sitting there after his owner gets killed by me and killed it. I could NEVER have done that in the past. They would fly throw the air 15 feet and I'd be dead.

In fact, I removed Riley from my Assault Streaks because I noticed I wasn't getting as many kills anymore, and in some situations where I would sometimes wait for someone to come into a room and be killed by my dog, they have come right in and shot me to death before Riley even reacts. Then it's all "Martyr-Dog" but I don't want that sh*t.

Level 12

in reply to bxr2004

ME 2 PLAYER RUN RIGHT PAST MY GUARD DOG AND IT DID NOTHING IT!!! RYLCOULD HAVE BARK OR DO SOMETHING

Level 2

in reply to thaesino

As the saying goes, "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Knifing has been very over powered, with the insta-kill teleport knife into body, 180° knifing, etc.  It's more appropriate now.

Level 15

in reply to JetEye

This is Bull-

As a stealthy player the only way I can be completely silent is to knife.

I understand that comment about knife to a gunfight, but its more like a butterknife now.

You shouldnt be able to whine to a developer and get them to change something in a game when its REALLY not a problem.

I want the community on CoD to go try to understand evolution. It will make them feel like fools. FFS theme song: Survival

Most kids whine, cry, and moan, therefore instead of adapting (to the game) they die off (stop playing CoD) This eventual dying off will lead to players who CAN adapt (tactics, NOT running every second) being left to further evolve their game.

You should think "huh I got knifed while running around a corner blindly....therefore I shouldnt run blindly around corners"

There is no skill in this game. Not when anything and everything is subject to a fix. Its like everyone who complains is a CoD Hypochondriac. Always thinking the problems are with the physical, the game itself. when in truth, its the conciousness thats the true ailment.

[EDITED BECAUSE SOME WORDS COULDVE BEEN CHOSEN BETTER.]

Level 7

in reply to Noctis_Everto1

It was a problem before.

Level 16

in reply to JetEye

I agree with you on the knifing being way overpowered in past games, but I think the addition of the "knifing-animation" really took care of that for the most part. When the game first started, all my knifing kills were like this. But update after update, I am starting to get more and more of the kills in which no animation plays and I just swing and kill. For my personal experience, this shows that something has been done which has both allowed people to knife more easily but also created glitches where even when you have a clear shot and you knife through the person, they don't die.

Level 12

in reply to thaesino

The knife animation made it worst now because it's assisted. I've been in a situation multiple times were I shoot someone in an unrealistic knifing distance and he instantly puts me in the animation and stabs me, many people made videos about this and complained many times.

There is also a 180 degree knife kill I've seen before that pissed me off were a player runs pass an enemy and is then put into the animation and the enemy would turn completely around and stab the player.

The knifing animation needs to be taken out or the sequence distance removed.

Level 1

in reply to thaesino

lmfao. If it was nerfed, I wouldnt be getting commando lunged still.

Level 11

Studios