L115 overnerfed

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

L115 overnerfed

First of all, I’m not one of those QS kids, so save your QS related insults for someone else. You will achieve nothing even if you try. 

Anyways, I think the latest change to L115, specifically the damage reduction to silenced L115 isn’t necessary. The reason for this argument is that L115 doesn’t have any advantage over other sniper rifles when silencer attachment is used. Assuming all silenced sniper rifles score OHK from chest and above,

USR has the highest mobility

Lynx has infinite range like USR & L115, and it’s semi-automatic

VKS has the highest fire rate, but it doesn’t have infinite range

L115 has same damage/range as USR & Lynx, and it has the lowest fire rate and the smallest mag

As you can see, USR, Lynx, and VKS are unique on their own ways, but L115 excels at nothing when combined with silencer. The damage nerf to silenced L115 needs to be reverted, so that it can retain its identity as the highest damage sniper rifle with the lowest fire rate.

Level 1
28 REPLIES

Re: L115 overnerfed

in reply to Altervalence

Don't use a silencer. Problem solved.

Level 35

in reply to Megadog14

Typical response from a player who couldn't care less about guns that they don't use/like. I think you wouldn't feel the same had this patch nerfed your favorite attachment on your favorite gun class.

I think he's not complaining about how bad he is with this silenced sniper, but rather pointing out the unbalance this unneeded nerf created. Altervalence, I agree and think you should take this to IW via Twitter.

Level 3

in reply to Altervalence

I'm not seeing in the patch notes that there was a silencer nerf? There definitely hasn't been one to the USR, and there needs to be.

Level 20

in reply to NoLifeKing32

its not completely typed out in the patch notes. it just kind of summarized it. if you go to the upcoming changes thread it has more detail on what those "summarized" changes to the snipers were.

the sniper with a suppressor is now a OHK from the chest up instead of the waist up.

Level 9

in reply to poisonvein7

Take the Nerf off all the snipers its bull. I am die hard sniper and think its pathetic that when noobs whine they get what they want; however its ok to nerf a gun once ,but twice is complete shit.

Level 2

in reply to poisonvein7

poisonvein7 wrote:

the sniper with a suppressor is now a OHK from the chest up instead of the waist up.

solution - aim better

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

That is a lie I have use d the suppressor its not a ohk from the chest its basically headshot or hit marker.

Level 2

in reply to Maccabi

In fairness, it is disproportionately reduced considering the range reduction of SMGs and ARs is, what, 25% when using a suppressor?  How would that translate to a 25% reduction in OHK areas for sniper rifles exactly?  If IW really cared for accuracy they could disable hipfire for all guns besides shotguns and disable dropshotting.

Level 31

in reply to Altervalence

1HK from chest up with a silencer?

Wow imagine if all guns could do that?

Level 13

Studios