LMG's need to be nerfed...seriously.

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: LMG's need to be nerfed...seriously.

in reply to nuttin2say

nuttin2say wrote:

Carvalho, agree with you 99%. What's the 1%?

The fact that people feel a need to compare weapons of differing classes in the first place. LMGs have their place just as SGs, SMGs, ARs, etc have their place. Players that want a weapon that adapts to the most situations? Run an AR. Does that mean they rule the day in EVERY situation? No.

And people that claim that any one gun does or should rule the day in every situation has a misguided flaw in their understanding of the game's fundamentals.

Call of Duty is about adapting to the situation. It is not meant to pit shotgun users against LMG users or pistol users against sniper rifle users. It is meant to pit two players against each other with both players having the same weapon and perk options available to both of them.

He who selects best ... wins.

(hmmm ... that sounds like an excellent clan motto)

I think he meant in a 50/50 situation the gun that is best suited should win every time when the skill is equal, like indoors a Shotty should dominate, and at 500 metres a Bipod weapon should...

I may be wrong...

Level 13

in reply to ooOutraageousoo

That's the way I took it, Outrageous. I merely meant that he should not even have to provide the rest of the response he gave because of that detail.

Unfortunately, there's a rash of threads right now that are advocating either buffs or nerfs to something. What's notable, IMO, is that there has been a recent and huge increase in these types of threads. Why now? It took 3 months for people to figure these things out?

No. What happened was people crying the blues about Amplify vs. Dead Silence has suddenly put blood in the water for the sharks to all come out.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

nuttin2say wrote:

That's the way I took it, Outrageous. I merely meant that he should not even have to provide the rest of the response he gave because of that detail.

Unfortunately, there's a rash of threads right now that are advocating either buffs or nerfs to something. What's notable, IMO, is that there has been a recent and huge increase in these types of threads. Why now? It took 3 months for people to figure these things out?

No. What happened was people crying the blues about Amplify vs. Dead Silence has suddenly put blood in the water for the sharks to all come out.

LOL yeah you could be right there Bud, I wonder if the absence of LAG complaint threads has the Sharks hungry?

Level 13

in reply to nuttin2say

These days it feels like call of duty is about excuses and tears hitting the floor. Buff everything, I am the anti nerf LOL.

Level 9

in reply to Carvalho16

Because Shotguns and subs cant get them at range lol. Why else would someone be upset at LMG's

I love being out of range of Subs, Shots and even some AR's and mow them with my LMG

Level 6

in reply to Carvalho16

I only think the M27 is a problem because I have used the other LMGs and they can't compare to it since the M27 lacks recoil. Overall they need to stop nerfing the LMGs and Marksman Rifles and Shotguns and Snipers because the problem has always been the assault rifles and smgs.

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to killermushroomhead

Low recoil?  It has been increased from MW3.  They don't even do high damage any more because you get guns like the MTAR-X dealing more damage at maximum range than the LSAT.  The main feature that made LMGs viable were their infinite three hit kill range, which appears to be gone from COD since it was last available in MW3 post-buff or BO1 at launch.  There are plenty of ARs that have decent 3HK ranges so LMGs not having an infinite 3HK range is a bit stupid.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

Lol remember the L86 LSW, i could multi kill from literally the other side of the map. fun times. now we have recoin coming out our a@# because of complainers like this

Level 6

in reply to Ajaffaroo

Yeah vocal unfounded complaints are dumbing down the game because I'm sure the developers appease the vocal chumps mostly.  I used the L86 in MW3 but it was more of thermal making it a beast really.  LMGs had a better stance accuracy boost in MW3 than in Ghosts too although I don't know the precise values.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

Me and you are on the same page. I agree 100%, it just makes sense.

Level 9

Studios