Leaderboards? SPM or Total Score

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Leaderboards? SPM or Total Score

in reply to Greg085

Later years, only treyarc leaderboards were useful.. IW's always sucked ( at least on PC )..

Lobby leaderboard ordered by total points earned ? Who cares about that ?

Level 3

in reply to Greg085

Hopefully it is SPM, because the ones at the top (apart from hackers) will be the ones that play the objective, rush, and have a lot of skill, rather then someone who can just play for hours on end

Level 1

in reply to Laxadaisacal

A high SPM and low capture/defend numbers indicate to me someone that is kill-whoring.

That's another reason you cannot just look at caps and defends. It seems to me that more than 50% of the time, the winning team has fewer caps and defends than does the losing team. This makes sense to me: you have a team that is protecting the flags with a different player regularly jumping in for the recapture - on the winning team. On the losing team, you have several guys that jump on the flag in a hurry to cap it, but then they all get killed almost immediately - and allow the other team to score a reward streak.

So, especially with caps, a high number is not necessarily a good thing. That tells me someone is jumping on flags a lot, sure. But it is someone that is getting killed incessantly and allowing the other team to be rewarded score streaks.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

This is so true, and these 'multi Cappers' end up flipping the spawn or loosing any tatical advantage you may have gained by holding your ground etc.

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

Personally i would prefer to have the opposing team trying for trip captures than spawn killing. People hate kill whores, but then people hate people go for the trip caps. What do you want me to do?

Level 10

in reply to Greg085

SPM..K/D..W/L I think it's about time none of these were shown, that way people might actually have fun playing instead of going for kills. Now before anyone has a go, I am a decent player, I like to think I'm an objective based player, but always in the back of my mind, I have K/D!!  W/L is not important because if you are playing solo, it's obviously going to be lower than say players who only play as a team. The point is if there were no stats on public display, in my opinion it would make people play the game for what it is and not for what others think it should be.

Level 3

in reply to foo1sgo1d

I agree.  I play for fun but it seems like this game (and others) are more concerned about training future actuaries.    I check my stats occasionally otherwise I would feel like I'm at work.

Level 1

in reply to Greg085

Um... Good question

Just thinking about that it a little off-topic but in COD 4 on the PC there is no leaderboard at all for the online multiplayer.

SO would that mean that when server browser will be out (If it happen in a title update) will the online leaderboard will be removed?.

Level 2

in reply to Greg085

But for answering the question why not  2 separate leaderboards one for Spm for players that played in team

and one for the other mode oh and a career leaderboard would be nice too.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to MillionGamer

Anyone heard any more details as information is continuing to be leaked?

Level 1

Studios