Leaderboards? SPM or Total Score

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Leaderboards? SPM or Total Score

Anyone heard which it will be?

Level 1
29 REPLIES

Re: Leaderboards? SPM or Total Score

in reply to Greg085

I would hope it would vary per Game Mode. SPM, to me, is the best way to look at a player overall. It shows how involved they are in the mode they play. K/D should NOT be on Dom Leaderboards or other Objective Modes... at least in my opinion. SPM, caps, defends, etc, show a players true worth in those modes. K/D can stay in TDM, FFA, etc... where it matters.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Couldnt agree more

Level 8

in reply to surridge1990

<Faints>

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

I have to disagree spm only relates to if they are a rusher or camper. You can play dom and hold down a spot and end up with a low spm because you only had a few come for it. Thus your spm is lower because of less kills.

A low spm player is not always a bad player or worse than a high spm player nor is a high spm player better in game modes like dom.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Not following you here... basically.. if your SPM is low... means you aren't scoring points or working towards the objective. It doesn't necessarily diminish the value of a player if their role on the team is, in fact to hold a spot... but it seems that if they aren't getting many kills... why are they holding that spot?

Again, Stats, to me, aren't a direct reflection of player skill(how can there be be bad or good players without skill hmmm). But they do reflect how active you are in regard to the objective.

Activision Ambassador

The game is not always just about kills in objective games like dom. You don't need a lot of kills to play that game mode and win.

A player that holds down a spawn and prevents the spawn flip only getting a few kills now and then is helping the team. They dont need to get a lot a kills if that is what they are doing.

Level 70
Highlighted

trialstardragon wrote:

The game is not always just about kills in objective games like dom. You don't need a lot of kills to play that game mode and win.

A player that holds down a spawn and prevents the spawn flip only getting a few kills now and then is helping the team. They dont need to get a lot a kills if that is what they are doing.

In this situation the player more than likely communicates with the other team members to ensure that a spawn flip doe or does not happen. That level of play tends to happen in teams or teams that are going to form. As a lone wolf or a fragmented group, engagement and communication between lower SPM and higher SPM probably happens. Regardless, I don't find leaderboards worthwhile. Stats like SPM are great, but only to indicate the level of play we will be facing.

But if you hold down a spot then you're camping and not going for the objective so you should have a low SPM.

Level 30

Agreed...

Level 4

Studios