Let's get serious: Snipers need adjusting! (IW Snipers)

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Let's get serious: Snipers need adjusting! (IW Snipers)

Honestly, i'm not one to complain. Sure, Black Ops 2 was horrible. Tactical insertion and sniping took that game over big time. (Ground War experience) but here we are with another new COD game that we will play throughtout the year. COD Ghosts snipers. I didn't think sniping could get any easier than it was in BO2, but it did.

COD Ghosts snipers are all one hit kills from anywhere on the body. The USR and the L115 are the main used in the game and they suffer no penalty. They can make such quick follow up shots with ease. The DSR in BO2 was nerfed to slow down the rate of fire, and it was a very much needed nerf. This is the very same nerf needed to the bolt action rifles in Ghosts.

The bullet damage is higher in Ghosts than in any previous COD game, The problem here is that snipers DONT miss! The hit detection of the bullet, regardless of where it hits your chracter, kills you. I've seen many killcams where i'm shot in the arm, leg, and even the foot and still dropped when I was at FULL health! The gun descriptions are wrong.

Bottom line, either reduce the rate of fire, or reduce the ADS time. Why can a sniper pull up his scope faster than I can ADS an assault rifle or SMG? They outgun everything at all ranges, even close range, which defeats the whole purpose of them carrying a sidearm for close range engagements!

Level 9
34 REPLIES

Re: Let's get serious: Snipers need adjusting! (IW Snipers)

in reply to footballrule

The snipers in this game are fine the way they are.  It's not as easy sniping as it was in BO2 or MW3.

1. The snipers in this game have the same rate of fire as in BO2.
  2. It takes a sniper twice as long to ADS as it does to ADS an SMG or AR with quickdraw.
  3. Don't trust what you see in kill cams.
  4. They are not one hit kills to the lower legs or arms.  If you have ever used one, you would know this.

If you are going to start a discussion on this it's best not to make things up when trying to make your case.

Level 12

in reply to riksterinto

Regardless of whether the killcam's are accurate or not, a sniper should NEVER be able to out shoot an assault rifle, SMG, shotgun, pistol or LMG at close range.
If they need to do anything to the sniper rifle's, they need to find a way to make people use them properly instead of running around jumping up and down like they've got some small light SMG or something.

Level 5

in reply to captain_howdy69

Oh ok so running around jumping with a SMG is ok?

Level 9

in reply to FishyDizzle

That's the whole point of an smg...

Level 3

captain_howdy69 wrote:

Regardless of whether the killcam's are accurate or not, a sniper should NEVER be able to out shoot an assault rifle, SMG, shotgun, pistol or LMG at close range.
If they need to do anything to the sniper rifle's, they need to find a way to make people use them properly instead of running around jumping up and down like they've got some small light SMG or something.

this kind of thinking is whats killing the game for many. the notion that weapon class should auto win specific scenarios regardless of individual skill. thats not what cod is. Infact thats not what most video games these days are. In most games if you can fine a way to dominate with whatever weapon then that means you are doing something right.

Make them use snipers properly? define properly in a VIDEO GAME. In a video game properly is defined as how it is intended to be used by those who created the game. and guess what... they are using them as intended.

A sniper is a powerful one hit weapon, so if they manage to land their shot why oh why should they not win out? the SMG and AR, shot gun, pistol and LMG guys still have their own advantages. if you die to a sniper its either because you got outplayed or you failed on some point. You failed to notice them, you failed to react fast enough, you failed to land enough shots and so on. Its on you that you died not the game or the enemies weapon choice. the sooner this community starts accepting that they are to blame the sooner the call of duty series will start being called crap by everyone.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

If you think people die to douche-bag quickscopers simply because they got "outplayed" or lack the skill to take them out first, you are either in denial, completely delusional or just simply ignorant to the way snipers have been in CoD for years. If you truly believe that, just go to youtube and do a search for something along the lines of "cod ghosts quickscoping" and I'm sure you'll find thousands of videos showing this crap in action. Raising and firing the rifle in the blink of an eye at a distance that is almost closer than the rifle barrel is long, landing shots when the crosshairs are obviously miles off of the target etc. The only people that ever defend this rubbish are the ones that do it and they always spout the same crap "A sniper is a powerful one hit weapon, so if they manage to land their shot why oh why should they not win out? the SMG and AR, shot gun, pistol and LMG guys still have their own advantages. if you die to a sniper its either because you got outplayed or you failed on some point. You failed to notice them, you failed to react fast enough, you failed to land enough shots and so on. Its on you that you died not the game or the enemies weapon choice."
It's, unfortunately, turning snipers into the "twilight" of video games. It has taken something awesome and turned it into a joke and, the worse thing is, there's generations of gamers (or horror film fans) coming along not knowing any better and will grow up thinking that that is how a sniper rifle (or sparkly disco ball vampire) is meant to be.
There's a good reason the whole internet let out a collective sigh of relief when they said there's no quickscoping in Call of Duty Ghosts which, of course, was a lie just to get people to come back. It's not the first time they've pulled a fast one on us, and it won't be the last. Anybody remember the "No more last stand" debacle -

Also, where are the dedicated servers? Another lie perhaps?

A sniper rifle is a long range weapon that is all but useless at close range. Snipers should not be able to get kills with their sniper rifle at close range anymore than a shotgun should be able to get a kill from the other side of the map. Most other games have this little thing they like to call weapon balance where there is no one class of weapon that is super powerful at all ranges and in all scenarios.
I'm not saying the game needs to be super realistic or anything because that would be no fun either but there has to be a line drawn somewhere and if it's set on Earth, with real, non-cybernetically enhanced human beings, using real weapons in a relatively current setting, then quickscoping should not happen. If it happened in something like Halo, where you play as a super cyborg with enhanced reflexes, strength, senses and literally have your sights linked to your firmware, I could accept it. But not even Halo has quickscoping. Some people are extremely good with a sniper rifle, but that's a far cry from what we see happening in CoD.
And for the record, I don't really see a lot of quickscopers in hardcore, which is the reason I've pretty much only played hardcore since Black Ops 1. They tend to mostly stick to core or regular as it's called now. Why is that I wonder?

Level 5

captain_howdy69 wrote:

If you think people die to douche-bag quickscopers simply because they got "outplayed" or lack the skill to take them out first, you are either in denial, completely delusional or just simply ignorant to the way snipers have been in CoD for years. If you truly believe that, just go to youtube and do a search for something along the lines of "cod ghosts quickscoping" and I'm sure you'll find thousands of videos showing this crap in action. Raising and firing the rifle in the blink of an eye at a distance that is almost closer than the rifle barrel is long, landing shots when the crosshairs are obviously miles off of the target etc. The only people that ever defend this rubbish are the ones that do it and they always spout the same crap "A sniper is a powerful one hit weapon, so if they manage to land their shot why oh why should they not win out? the SMG and AR, shot gun, pistol and LMG guys still have their own advantages. if you die to a sniper its either because you got outplayed or you failed on some point. You failed to notice them, you failed to react fast enough, you failed to land enough shots and so on. Its on you that you died not the game or the enemies weapon choice."
It's, unfortunately, turning snipers into the "twilight" of video games. It has taken something awesome and turned it into a joke and, the worse thing is, there's generations of gamers (or horror film fans) coming along not knowing any better and will grow up thinking that that is how a sniper rifle (or sparkly disco ball vampire) is meant to be.

Firstly, calling someone a douche-bag because they quickscope is quite immature and pathetic - Grow up kid.

Secondly - math lesson - The fastest you can be killed by a quickscope is 0.3 seconds.  The fastest TTK of every single AR, LMG, SMG, and Shotgun in the game is quicker than this, so in order to lose out in a 1v1 up close to a quickscoper some other factor has to contribute to the outcome.  That could be that the quickscoper surprises you, or you miss your shot or that they have better reaction time on that occasion, or you were running around like a headless chicken. 

Judging the accuracy of the shot via kill cam is silly too.  Kill cams are not always accurate, or should I believe that every AR in the game is a OHK to the toe or that the bullets can follow me around corners like many of the killcams I see.  What you see in the killcam is not always what the other player sees on their screen. Do you know that the player model you see on your screen has an invisible hit-box that follows them around and when there is any latency in the game those go out of sync?  This is the No 1 reason why we get WTF killcams. 

Quickscoping in Ghosts is much more challenging than in any game previously, with the possible exception of Black Ops, simply because the other guns are so much more effective at close range, and that's fine and how it should be, but if you don't use those weapons properly then you put yourself at much higher risk of being quickscoped up close

Level 29

How can a sniper rifle outshoot an SMG at close range given their low rate of fire, slow ADS times and movement penalties exactly?  You will occasionally get weapons that are being used out of their intended ranges to one that is more accustomed to but this is not limited to sniper rifles.  I used to snipe people with the AN94 in BO2.  The sniper rifles are fine and they made it easier for players with limited proficiency of marksmanship with ARs and SMGs to beat snipers by bringing back ADS delay.  They also only get a 20% decrease in ADS time with Quickdraw despite costing the same number of points than users of ARs and SMGs.

Level 31

in reply to riksterinto

Maybe they had Chrome Lined attached and never noticed it, or he got shot just above where the bullet wouldn't be a one shot kill. I like sniping in Ghosts, I play old-fashioned sniping, but to see players run around with speed perks and a sniper really hurts what it really means to snipe.

Level 2

Studios