Lets Be Real Here.

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Lets Be Real Here.

Why Is This Game Boring Already?

This is not a rant thread nor a negative thread I would just like to know what is it that is making this game boring already? IN NOVEMBER???

Is it the map size?

The Camping?

The Boring Killstreaks?

The Drab colors and washed out textures?

The boring weapons?

The lack of objective gameplay?

I Cant quite work it out exactly but the spark that I have every November for the new installment is just not here.I want it to be here.Really badly.But I just cant find it,

Somebody please suggest something that will inspire some motivation to play this game hard.

Save me before I have to go and exist in the real world!

Level 9
30 REPLIES

Re: Lets Be Real Here.

in reply to FishyDizzle

Try some different guns.  I suspect that a lot of folks have fallen into the trap of just playing with their favorite weapons.  I know that my top one or two get unlocked rather quickly for each squad member that I have.  But beyond that I like to try out different weapons.  Sure not all of them that I try work out for me but it adds to the intrigue.  I've also been focusing on operational challenges.  Those things can push you into trying setups, streaks, etc that you'd probably never bother with on your own.  Sometimes you find a keeper along the way.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Tried all of them except one of the lmgs and a couple of the shotguns.

Spose i could do some operations.

Level 9

in reply to FishyDizzle

I've only tried two LMGs so far.  The M27 is pretty good for mid range but that LSAT is rock steady for long range.  The only problem with the LSAT is that it has no mobility.  I have to put Marathon on it just to be able to sprint more than 10 ft.

Level 69

in reply to FishyDizzle

For me it's the map sizes, lack of objective game modes, and the challenge system.  Don't get me wrong.  I actually enjoy this game.  For me the experience is actually pretty smooth.  These are just my opinions and why I'm having a hard time staying interested.

Maps - The most fun I have had with this game the last few days are Domination matches on Strikezone.  These are fast paced, intense, and almost always come down to the last minute and a couple of points.  I'm not opposed to larger maps but it seems like overall map size is heavily skewed towards the larger maps.  It seems they really designed these maps for the next-gen consoles and the 9 vs 9 matches.  Hoping they release some smaller maps down the road.

Game modes - I miss Demolition.  HQ served as a nice change of pace as well.  Blitz is ok, but can get boring if you play solo.

Challenges - I don't really care for Operations.  I do love the Patches though, just sucks you can't find one you want and go out and try to achieve it unless its in your current rotation of Operations.

Or it could be that this is just the 7th version of the exact same game we've been playing since Modern Warfare.  Ya, every year they make a few tweaks but it is essentially the same game.

Level 13

in reply to FishyDizzle

This is true.

The fact that we are even having this conversation in NOVEMBER scares the shit out of me.

Level 9

in reply to FishyDizzle

FishyDizzle wrote:

This is true.

The fact that we are even having this conversation in NOVEMBER scares the **** out of me.

People have this conversation every year. In fact, most years people are having this conversation before the game has been released.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to FishyDizzle

Map size has a lot to do with it for me but for all maps, even the smaller ones, they are not floating my boat. Problems aside I'm not blown away by multiplayer and I've gone back to playing COD4 and Blops1.

The small number of players online tells it's own story but we must factor in those who waited for Ghosts on the next gen consoles.

Level 4

in reply to FishyDizzle

Sometime I find the only way to play is to camp.  I'm either shot at spawn, shot constantly by a helicopter (even when I'm in a building trying to hide from it), Shoot players with a whole clip whilst they change weapon turn and shoot me with two shots, quick scoped etc etc etc.  I can be killed 8 or ten times before I actually get to do anything.  Most times I'll quit after 3 kills and try another game.

Level 4

in reply to FishyDizzle

Like you, I'm unsure what it is about this game that lacks in the fun factor that previous entries had. I've more than gotten my money's worth out of the purchase, but I feel like I just kept playing in order to reach that plateau.

One thing I've found that can be a bit fun, though, is to run around with a Vector. Even on the largest maps I've been able to do fairly well with it simply because it's unexpected.

Level 9

Studios