Lobby Hopping

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Highlighted

Lobby Hopping

I'm tired of sitting in a lobby for five minutes because pussies keep leaving for whatever reason.  Whether it be they're intimidated by stats, are to bad to play all the maps, or just want to be a pain in the ass, they need to go.  I really think this needs to be like league.  Until the lobby is loaded, don't show GT's.  Show matched player.  Once you're in a lobby, you vote.  Once the map is decided, lobby is locked.  You can't back out.  you can leave when it starts, but causes probation.  And when you do leave, maybe one of their supposed super advanced ai's take over, because nobody stays in the game when they join late.  BOII is almost unplayable due to people leaving in lobbies, and as soon as you start doing good, the whole enemy team leaves.  They need to fix this in ghosts.

Level 5
39 REPLIES

Re: Lobby Hopping

in reply to Rogue_Convict

At what point can you leave the lobby? I often leave a game to pick up friends. League play always puts you into a new lobby. Normal games don't do that, they leave you in the same lobby. So after a game is over (even if we won) and I need to pick up a friend for our team, I am now penalized because I left the lobby? Comparing League to normal doesn't really work here as there are a lot of differences.

You can't totally prevent people from leaving...even if it is locked. They can always dashboard or accept an invite from a friend.  There has to be time in the lobby where you can freely come or go. 

"Nobody stays in the game when they join late". First off, this is not true. It is all dependant on the game. If the score is extremely uneaven...then yeah...they leave for very good reason (this is a separate issue). If the game just started or is close, they will likely stay. Your blanket statement is actually only true some of the time.

"BO2 is almost unplayable due to people leaving in lobbies". Again, I have put in many hours into this game and it isn't unplayable. Sure the enemy team leaves and you go about finding another team to play against and you continue. It usually doesn't take too long to get into another game (unless playing with a bigger party which is yet another issue).

"They need to fix this in ghosts." - There is always room for improvement and I will agree that they should look into improving the lobby and matchmaking process for Ghosts, but people still need the option to leave at some point.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

The problem really is streaks.  My team and I play hardpoint and demo.  There's always a VSAT up, and constant swarms.  People always leave, I end up with stats of 11,000 swarms used, and when I average them out, they average 1.2 kills.  Mainly because I call it, everyone leaves but one person, he gets killed once, leaves, forfeit.  Sure we get the win, but I want to play a game.  Not go for two minutes, call in a swarm, and win, but usually get no kills with it.  I honestly think if you leave, instead of it counting as a loss, which clearly people don't care about, it should give you a proportionate amount of deaths.  For example, if you leave and you had 10 kills, you get 50 deaths upon leaving.  If you had 20, 100 deaths upon leaving.  People leave to pad their K/D, well if they lose 50-500 deaths ever time they leave, I guarantee leaving would stop real quick.  Rather sit and take 4-5 swarm deaths than 100 deaths. 

Level 5

I really don't like that solution either. I think the penalties for leaving, like probation, may be a better factor. If you were to give them a large number of deaths, that ruins stats and makes the stats pointless altogether as it doesn't actually represent your actual number of deaths. It's kind of like clans with 1 member winning a Clan Op. It ruins the validity of any of their stats as they can't be trusted to be at all accurate or reliable (FYI - This is currently happening with COD BO2 TDM Clan Ops). That aside, you need to have a punishment that still punishes the user but does not falsely affect users stats.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

Then maybe.... 1 hour plus of probation.  Because this five minute bullshit doesn't do anything.  Big whoop, five minutes.  I can just get up, get a snack, take a piss, and come back.  My probation is over.  Not a punishment.  Maybe one hour if you leave more than once or twice in a day.  After you get an hour, leave again, 5 hours.  Do it again, 24 hours, do it again, 48, after that, 6 day temp ban, after that, 14 day temp ban.  That would stop shit right quick.

Level 5

With your proposal there would the time ever reset? Meaning if I left 2 times today and got the hour probation. Then tomorrow I come in and leave do I now get 5 hours? That doesn't seem right. Most people would end up getting a major probation by the time the next November comes around. Here's some valid reasons why people leave a game:

1) Getting spawn trapped and no reason to stay

2) Horrible Lag

3) Have to get out of the game (sometimes you just have to stop right away)

4) Someone is boosting/cheating and you don't want to stay in the lobby.

I'm sure there are other "Valid" reasons to leave as well.  With your suggestion, these people get punished for this. Just doesn't seem right.  If the game isn't smart enough to host migrate when 11 of the 12 players have yellow bars than I shouldn't be punished when I leave to find a game with better connection.

I get what you are saying and it would be nice if people got punished a bit for leaving a game, but I think your punishments are a bit too severe.

Also, not sure but I think Dashboarding pretty much kills the game and thus they would not be reporting this. Thus, if people want to leave the game they will just dashboard to get around the penalty.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

Dashboarding is the only way to get probation as of now, other than league.  I tried it with a second account.  I left games for an hour.  50 games, never got probation.  Maybe not huge penalties, but something more than 5 minutes.  At least 30 for repetitive offenses.  

Level 5

Rogue_Convict wrote:

The problem really is streaks.  My team and I play hardpoint and demo.  There's always a VSAT up, and constant swarms.  People always leave, I end up with stats of 11,000 swarms used, and when I average them out, they average 1.2 kills.  Mainly because I call it, everyone leaves but one person, he gets killed once, leaves, forfeit.  Sure we get the win, but I want to play a game.

The REAL problem is the common COD player - these days- are mostly self-centered little scrubs who only care about stats. Stats are so pointless. I don't give a flying fandango about KDR or W/L. Neither of which really mean anything. Win/Loss is such an inaccurate statistic because it assumes you had control over whether or not your team lost. A team loss is caused by the team. And more often then not we don't have a choice who we are paired with - especially in randoms. I never cared for W/L, it's a bogus stat. Get a few selfish players on your team - which is real easy these days - and you're screwed, no matter how hard you try as an individual teammate.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Ghosts. From what I've seen so far, it's focused on team play. And less on self gratification. I play COD for fun. In my experience, COD is much more fun when we play as a team. I level just as well while playing for my team. Even better actually. The times I've stooped to gunning for a revenge kill I usually die more often then getting the kill. So, again, I do better playing as a team. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Level 21

This is a reply concerning the OP about people who lobby hop to find a map they like etc,

I agree with you there, i feel that when you join a lobby no player should be able to see another players name/rank/stats just give everyone blanked out names "matched player", once the lobby is 50-75% full (enough players to start a game) a 30 second countdown commences (last chance to leave the lobby), during the count down every player votes for their map choice (keep the voting private so you can only see which map you have voted for, then at the end of the countdown the lobby locks in and the voted for map is displayed, this will stop players keep leaving everytime a map they dont like playing is voted for, the only way you can now leave is after the game has loaded which results in an automatic loss.

After a game has ended there should be 30 second period before the map lock in procedure (as stated above) restarts giving players ample oppertunity to leave a but without forcing other players to wait for 10+ minutes to get a game in the lobby they're in.

Level 8

in reply to surridge1990

No it would not it would make even more leave the moment the map is locked and it is not the one they wanted. They will never be able to force players to stay in a lobby ever. Players will leave in what ever means is needed to get out of a map/game mode they dont like or want to play and no punishment will ever stop it.

Level 70

Studios