Lobby Hopping

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Lobby Hopping

in reply to trialstardragon

Once the the countdown has reached zero the map and the lobby are locked in, you cannot leave (well not without effectively dashboarding) until the game has loaded.

You still get plenty of time to leave before the countdown hits zero and the map and lobby are locked in

Level 8

in reply to surridge1990

there is more than dashboarding to leave by, you can sign out and it will kick you out of the match. then sign back in which is actually quicker then dashboarding.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

You could also just turn the console off and walk away, or pull the power cable out, or if you really really dont want to play a map that badly you could just leave once the game has started....... You leaving the game once its started doesnt effect anyone else that does want to play on that map, whereas if you keep lobby hopping everytime a map comes up that you dont like everyone else has to wait for a replacement for you to be found, and then if another player joins and doesnt like the map we have to wait even longer and it goes on and on and on and on and on and on until someone who does want to play the map is found,

If its that important provide a get-out clause where leaving a game before your initial spawn in doesnt count as a loss, then everyones happy

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to surridge1990

Honestly, anyone that leaves isn't someone that's going to worry about their W/L

Level 5

in reply to surridge1990

people will still leave. there is no way to stop it or slow it down ever. No punishment will ever work on the majority of players ever.

Level 70

in reply to Rogue_Convict

The problem is people... they will never be able to fix the community. For some reason we have gotten to a point where quitting is acceptable.

I do, however, like your idea of not showing opponent gamer tags upon entering a lobby. If you are in a party, you can see your friends, but everyone else would say matched player and no info would show in the Lobby Leaderboards. Once you have played a match with the people in that lobby, you will be able to see all their stats, etc. New Players to the lobby would still show "Matched Player".

As for quitting, they just need to implement a Completion Percentage that needs to be highly visible on all Stat Pages.

Otherwise, they can't fix stupid. They can't fix lazy. They can't fix inconsiderate.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Unfortunately all maps are not that great in all game modes thus I personally think that I should be able to back out of some lobbies once the map is decided. I know some of you want it that way, I'm just sharing my opinion on it.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

I don't have a huge issue with that. It can be frustrating when people leave as the match is counting down to it's start, but I feel the same way about certain maps. Kind of wish they would just hide the maps at this point lol You get what you get... now PLAY

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

That would lead to lots of people quitting at the beginning of the match or dashing out because of not wanting to play certain maps. People are not going to play the maps just because others want them too. Some just do not like some maps and will refuse to play them no matter what is done about them leaving them.

Level 70

in reply to Rogue_Convict

It is not just stats that make people lobby hop it is map that makes many leave the lobby since they don't want or like certain maps. Plus there is no way to lock the lobby that would prevent a person from leaving, all they would have to do is sign out/dahsboard/disconnect modem or router. You cannot ever force players to stay in a lobby they don't want to stay in. They don't have to stay just so you get your fun beating them.

Level 70

Studios