Lobby Hopping

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Lobby Hopping

in reply to Adam1234567893

Why do you keep telling people to get good when you don't know how good they are or how they actually play?

Level 6

in reply to Seph009

I assumed because he brought up demolition and how his swarms don't get kills and since all demolition is just spawn camping usually I put 2 and 2 together and realized he's a spawn killer. I tell anyone who complains about something this stupid to get good.

Level 23

in reply to Seph009

To be fair, he is right about Demo. Most people who play demo do it because there is no spawn switching. I will say to adam, can you start saying something other than get good and learn to adapt; its getting annoying. Just saying something if i start to say something in the same sequence over and over again please to tell me

Level 10

in reply to iamyourfather

You just did it lol jk and okay I will say something different and in other news I am using Borderlands classes in Black Ops 2 lol an assault rifle with a lmg secondary.

Level 23

I keep saying it because you keep saying saying it. Trust me i would not say it if you didnt. It's your fault. lol. Are you talking to me about the Borderland thing or someone because i dont understand how you got that approach.

Level 10

Lol I was saying that I was using the Borderlands classes in Black Ops 2 basically I made those classes in Black Ops 2 and they work somewhat well.

Level 23

I guess i dont understand since i have never played Borderlands.

Level 10

then you have missed out on a great game. BL1 that is.. not BL2..

Level 70

in reply to Rogue_Convict

Some days I stay lobbu hopping. I will get in lobbys against full parties, or some lobby over and over again wiht boosters/laggers etc, Or same map over and over again. (I come across raid in groundwar to damn much)

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 59
Highlighted

in reply to Rogue_Convict

As Paul Harvey would say back in the day, "And that is the rest of the story."

The rest of the story is that the OP would not be making the complaint he is making if he did not play as a member of a party 100% of the time. I've been invited to and played on strong parties but under a couple of conditions: First, I did not want to hear a single complaint about people on the opposing teams backing out. Second, there would not be a single negative comment made to opposing players at the end of the match, whether they joined late or stayed the entire game.

I've taken it further than that a couple of times, as well. Players that are on the opposing team and stay long enough that a member of our team had to leave, I have asked my team to invite those opposing players to join us for a few matches. Now, the teams I've been on, admittedly, did not like the idea. Some invited the "really bad" players anyway and they were still average or, at best, slightly above average. But those gamers greatly appreciated being appreciated for their sportsmanship.

What I have described is virtually non-existent in the COD community. Instead, the status quo is to mock and make fun of players who, under different circumstances, are often not bad players. Regardless of whether or not they are bad players, they are people and do not deserve to be ridiculed, mocked, made fun of, or otherwise humiliated. For that reason, no, OP, your complaint is far from legitimate.

In addition, those players that do back out do suffer penalties.

1 - They score a loss

2 - Good kdr or not, their kills and deaths count toward their stats

3 - No XP counts toward their progression.

4 - Psychological penalty of humiliating defeat.

If you legitimately want to see an end to people leaving mid-match, you need to advocate to the devs for party-only lobbies. Merely 2 players that are above average on the same team, even if randoms, can completely dominate lobbies. I know. I lobby hunt for such lobbies unless I land in a match already underway. Once in a lobby, I rarely leave. That's not been true for the entire BO2 season. I stay in lobbies now because lobbies of parties has become much more rare unless playing objective based games. The result has been a substantial improvement in WLR. Ideally I land in a lobby in which there is another player as "good" as myself. Invariably we will end up on opposing teams for many matches in a row, the game is a challenge and fun to play. When we end up on the same team (and there is a way to manipulate your performance so that this happens), the margin of victory our team has over the other is usually not far from what the OP describes.

Equally invariable, though, a party of 3 or more will enter the lobby and that throws off the matchmaking dynamics. When that happens, the teams are anything except balanced. You can't fault players for having the odds so overwhelmingly stacked against them and, thus, forfeiting the match.

Well, I guess you can do anything you want. But it doesn't exactly make your "skills" shine.

In any case, a partied up team of above average players complaining that others are worried about stats and they are not is just facetious, at best. Really it is somewhat pathetic.

And that is the rest of the story.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

Studios