Lose the K/D

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Lose the K/D

I just finished a game of HC KC and we lost.

But we had the camper on the team bragging about how well he did.

He was 42 and 12. Not bad for TD, except he managed to gather only two tags.

Those were probably his tags he gathered as he ran back to his camping spot.

His K/D was 4.something and he was proud of it and he did nothing to help the team win the game and in fact we lost.

But he was proud of that all precious K/D and talked crap to everyone that was lower than him.

No one cares about K/D.

I've noticed that people with high K/D's don't play a lot of TD. They play the games with the easy targets.

The only way to fix this problem on an otherwise pretty good game is to do away with displaying the K/D to the world, or only make it count on non-objective games (TD, FFA, etc.).

Just my opinion.

Level 5
Likes: 36
Posts: 75
Registered: ‎18-04-2012
48 REPLIES

Re: Lose the K/D

in reply to Camaro681

This is already something that has been proposed by many posters on this forum including myself. What you described is pretty annoying as it's hardcore without killcams. Bet you pretty decent money that this guy can't do as well in core TDM.

The problem with showing any public stats is it makes it impossible for good players to find a decent lobby. Or you end up in a lobby full of classy folks (I'm being very sarcastic here) who will say anything to rile you up and proceed to either rage quit or report you after their beatdown. So far in the past week, I have ran into red clan tag guys who called me out for "ruining the fun for everyone", high prestige guys complaining I'm hoarding all the kills (didn't know I have to share - my bad), some fifth prestige guy calling me out saying I have nothing better to do than play CoD (didn't know 10 days game time is excessive for a 7 month old game) and the best... "f*ck this guy" and backs out.

Whether this would stop people from camping in an attempt to preserve k/d is debatable. But at least it will solve some of the problems with publicly viewable stats as presented above. Now if they brought back mercenary modes...

Level 25
Likes: 787
Posts: 1063
Registered: ‎15-08-2013

Re: Lose the K/D

in reply to DocChoi

I hear what you're saying.

I ran into a guy earlier today that was complaining that our team was running around too much. According to him, we need to sit and wait for them to come to us! He was actually yelling at all of us to find a corner and wait.

We were playing KC, and his K/D was in the threes.

Camping has become the norm it appears.

My K/D sucks (0.86) but I always manage to come in first or second for the game.

I used to like Cranked, but the camping in that has gotten crazy, too!

I know camping will always exist but if someone is camping to protect their K/D then that's the person to avoid. They aren't going to help the team.

Level 5
Likes: 36
Posts: 75
Registered: ‎18-04-2012

Re: Lose the K/D

in reply to Camaro681

The trouble with k/d is it's not an accurate representation of how good a player actually is. The only way you can correlate k/d with actual skill in this game is pair it up with score per game. You will find there are quite a few 2+ players; but very few players who average 2000+ points per game. IMO, this is the only way to validate whether a player is involved in a game and is probably the best way to gauge your competition as k/d isn't as important in objective modes.

When in a pre-game lobby, go into barracks and go to leaderboards. You can filter the stats for the lobby in you are in. Very often you will see high k/d players average less than 1200 pts per game. Not so intimidating anymore, are they? The only players I would dread going against are those who average 2000+ with a good k/d and w/l spread.

Level 25
Likes: 787
Posts: 1063
Registered: ‎15-08-2013

Re: Lose the K/D

in reply to DocChoi

I agree.

Even the leader board is misleading.

I often run into a guy that is terrible at KC, but he keeps playing (I give him credit for that).

He is something like #78 on the leader board only because he plays so much, but you don't want him on your team.

Level 5
Likes: 36
Posts: 75
Registered: ‎18-04-2012

Re: Lose the K/D

in reply to Camaro681

DocChoi wrote:



The trouble with k/d is it's not an accurate representation of how good a player actually is. The only way you can correlate k/d with actual skill in this game is pair it up with score per game. You will find there are quite a few 2+ players; but very few players who average 2000+ points per game. IMO, this is the only way to validate whether a player is involved in a game and is probably the best way to gauge your competition as k/d isn't as important in objective modes.



When in a pre-game lobby, go into barracks and go to leaderboards. You can filter the stats for the lobby in you are in. Very often you will see high k/d players average less than 1200 pts per game. Not so intimidating anymore, are they? The only players I would dread going against are those who average 2000+ with a good k/d and w/l spread.


Funny that ppl that complain about KD, are the ppl with low K/D's. Sometimes you have to put your backpack on play above & beyond. If you have a guy a camping & not collecting tags, pick them up for him. That's why I do, especially now that you get rewarded for picking them up.


Camaro68 wrote:



I hear what you're saying.


I ran into a guy earlier today that was complaining that our team was running around too much. According to him, we need to sit and wait for them to come to us! He was actually yelling at all of us to find a corner and wait.


We were playing KC, and his K/D was in the threes.


Camping has become the norm it appears.


My K/D sucks (0.86) but I always manage to come in first or second for the game.


I used to like Cranked, but the camping in that has gotten crazy, too!


I know camping will always exist but if someone is camping to protect their K/D then that's the person to avoid. They aren't going to help the team.


He's right, rushing around like a fool doesn't help the team, especially when the other team is camping waiting for easy kills. I don't camp, but in Ghosts I play more defensive, because you die to fast. Sometimes is wise to slow it down & wait to see if the opponent makes a move. I doubt you're coming 1st or 2nd in lobby, unless you are playing lesser players.

Level 19
Likes: 318
Posts: 1003
Registered: ‎29-04-2013

Re: Lose the K/D

in reply to PUR4IDO

Rushing around doesn't help the team?

You doubt if I usually come in first or second?

Too bad you're wrong on both counts.

Level 5
Likes: 36
Posts: 75
Registered: ‎18-04-2012

Re: Lose the K/D

in reply to Camaro681

Camaro68 wrote:



Rushing around doesn't help the team?


You doubt if I usually come in first or second?


Too bad you're wrong on both counts.


According to you, your K/D 0.83.. Meaning that the majority of the time, you end up with more deaths, than kills. In KC, you drop more tags, for the other team to collect. See where I'm going here. So if you come in 2nd or 3rd, you are doing it against lesser players. As you rush around dying, you are feeding the stats of the players you are complaining about.

Level 19
Likes: 318
Posts: 1003
Registered: ‎29-04-2013

Re: Lose the K/D

in reply to PUR4IDO

PUR4IDO wrote:




Camaro68 wrote:



Rushing around doesn't help the team?


You doubt if I usually come in first or second?


Too bad you're wrong on both counts.



According to you, your K/D 0.83.. Meaning that the majority of the time, you end up with more deaths, than kills. In KC, you drop more tags, for the other team to collect. See where I'm going here. So if you come in 2nd or 3rd, you are doing it against lesser players. As you rush around dying, you are feeding the stats of the players you are complaining about.


Ever think that he runs around collecting tags OTHER than the ones he gets for getting kills? It IS possible to have that kind of k/d while also collecting tags that no one bothers to pick up.

Level 37
Likes: 867
Posts: 3988
Registered: ‎17-10-2011

Re: Lose the K/D

in reply to PUR4IDO

At the end of the game, I have more tags than deaths.

And I don't actually run around like my hair is on fire as you assumed I did.

My K/D was actually 1.1 for a while, but I started playing domination, blitz and drop zone quite a bit and that destroyed my K/D.

I can't camp so I play the objective.

Your assumptions make you look foolish.

Level 5
Likes: 36
Posts: 75
Registered: ‎18-04-2012

Studios