Maps of doom

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Maps of doom

So come on then, if you are anything like me there is one map in COD ghosts that you just hate.

For whatever reason, which map has you lunging for the "leave lobby" option.

For me it is probably "Seige" the annoying thing is that it's quite a cool looking map, but there have been a couple of occasions where I literally haven't seen a single enemy player in ten minutes! Ok maybe not literally but hardly any(they seem to see me just fine though)

Lets have your nominations for KING OF THE CODSH#T

Level 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Maps of doom

in reply to greyfryer67
Solution
‎17-02-2014 07:49 AM

I think for me it has to be Chasm. That map just seems nonsensical to me.

And Prison Break continues to be my nemesis, just can never seem to put together a good game on that map....

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
95 REPLIES

in reply to greyfryer67
Solution
‎17-02-2014 07:49 AM

I think for me it has to be Chasm. That map just seems nonsensical to me.

And Prison Break continues to be my nemesis, just can never seem to put together a good game on that map....

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Prison break is one of my favourites. Get in that central grass section looking at the tower and unleash hell. Chasm is a bit random though, it never seems to be the same game twice.

Level 24

Chasm is a marksman's map. I have tried everything with that map - quickscoping; knifing; knife-throwing; SMGs; ARs; regular sniping.

Eventually, I decided I'd try my hand at some marksman rifles, and WOW... it was DONE! There was even a guy on the other team saying, "I can't even get a hit in before he kills me with one shot at close range."

(btw... if you like to camp. Put on "Off the Grid" and sit quietly in the stall in the bathroom with a silenced weapon. No one EVER looks in the stall. I don't like to camp because I get bored easily of not getting those crazy moments when you don't know who's going to get who first. But yeah... Bathroom stall in Chasm is great.)

As for Prison Break, if you're good with a marksman or a sniper rifle, DON'T GO TO THE TOWER. Instead, go from the waterfall all the way to the back and pick off people from all the four main areas. The ones near the tower. The ones IN the tower. The ones on that little hill off to the side. And the ones on the main hill.

You can even silence your sniper rifle and make it "useless," as people love to say, but you will kill the crap out of everyone quite easily, if there isn't a super elite player like me on the other team; in which case, well... that's not what this conversation is about.

(I was only joking. I'm not a super elite player. )

Level 12

Chasm is a terrible map. Can't stand it at all. There are just too many little hidey holes where people can camp.

After that I detest Sovereign. I just can't get on with that map.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

sovereign reminds me of the scene at the end of "enter the dragon" its just a samey labyrinth, I'm never really sure where I am in relation to where I have been. I only play hardcore, so no mini map . Total lottery!

Level 24

in reply to greyfryer67

Same here, must be the old age!

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz

Funny many different preferences based on the player, and their preferred style. I play slow and deliberate HC only, usually domination.  I am ready to throw my controller on Flooded, Strikezone, or Sovereign...They seem to be a chorus of guys running around like mad shooting me right after I spawn, no flow, no sides, just chaos.  I do okay, but have a hard time on those maps.  Conversely I love Stonehaven and Stormfront, great sniper maps where you use strategic planning to take flags (like smoke or have one guy lay down cover fire while a group of two or three cross the street). Prisonbreak, Octane, Whiteout, and Warhawk and good too. For me the big and slower the better.. But like the poster above said, maybe that is my age showing.

Level 3

in reply to Blacksheep0111

Yeah, I'm the opposite I love the run around chaos. I was nurtured on doom and quake and that is the university of chaos and carnage, I never got out of the habit. But the two different game styles are so important to keep the games interesting, I don't know why each group complains about the other in some posts, in my opinion if you think that your play style is superior then prove it, put your bullets where your mouth is. Variety is what keeps games interesting.

Love Strikezone and flooded, hate stormfront and Stonehaven lol

Level 24

in reply to Blacksheep0111

If you prefer a slower, more tactical game have you tried the new 360 arcade title Takedown Red Sabre?

Years ago I used to play Rainbow 6 Rogue Spear and it plays very similar.

Its still being developed but if you have a spare few quid its well worth a try.

Level 22

Studios