My 3G connection is lag free

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

My 3G connection is lag free

Hi All

I have suffered like many others with a really poor connection to this game. And would like some advise or comments on what has worked for you?  (apologies for the long post as back ground is needed)

I started playing on my original connection that had my router set up as per activation's help guide, I ran trace routes from my console to MS Xbox test servers and locally, averaged about a 9ms ping, to Europe (6000 miles away averaged about a 150ms ping). This is a tier 1 ISP that gives gaming the highest priority on there network. The lag or lag comp what ever you want to call it made this game un-playable!!!! PS I was chosen as host the majority of times on this connection. (I know this as when i opted out of the game host migration in progress)

My second try was with a second tier ISP rated badly, but gave them a go, got host about the same amount of times, and had a few WTF moments, but overall my experience was better. On my trace routes my average local ping was about 40ms and internationally to Europe about 160ms.

My 3rd test was using my I phone as a hotspot and connecting to it, via my 3 g connection, as we are all aware this is a very unstable connection at the best of times, and my trace route test showed that, local ping was never below 50ms and went up to as high as 90ms, internationally all test where over 200ms.

HERE IS THE SURPRISE ON MY 3G WIFI CONNECTION I OWNED I RAN AROUND WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD COULD TAKE BULLETS TURN AND KILL WHOEVER WAS SHOOTING AT ME, I WAS ALMOST INVINCIBLE COMPARED TO THE WIRED BROADBAND CONNECTIONS.

So what to do if I play on 3G there is one less capable host to this game, so less lobbies to connect to, but the game is way more fun and playable. Has anyone else tried this or had similar experiences, or could someone explain this a little better.

I SO BADLY WANT TO LOVE THIS GAME BUT IW NEEDS TO FIX IT!!!!!!

Level 2
43 REPLIES

Re: My 3G connection is lag free

in reply to frtthunderpants

This doesn't even make sense. What the hell IW XD?

Level 1

in reply to Defiant_Hotshot

?

Level 2
Highlighted

Frankly, I don't think the lag that we're experiencing on Ghosts is related to people connections. I get host almost all the time (180Mb down/70Mb down) and I lag as hard as someone that is on free college WiFi. This game obv was meant to be played on Next Gen and because of that people that are on current gen are getting absolutely screwed and it's just pathetic. Not only do we miss out on tons of crap that we were promised there'd be no difference in current/next gen... but we get to deal with idiotic connection because IW are a bunch of lazy clowns.

Level 2

in reply to zyxTryHardzX

I agree that it's not all connection based lag and some is def console related, but conection still plays a big part. I think what's happening in this case is he is geting a good connection to game host over 3G but never good enough to grab host. It really is ridiculous that having a good connection can be a hinderence in this game, but I'm am sure there are more players out there with horrible connections than there are with good and they are probably the guys who are not seeing the problems others are having.

Level 3

Lag comp at its pinnacle.... but what do I know, i'm just an idiot that doesn't know how networking works. but with the number of "experts" on this forum, you're bound to find a right and just answer. some will benefit  and others will falter. either way, no one will be right... according to whoever responds. LOL! there, how's that for a response for you?

but all kidding aside, i do find the lag to be a little better. i do miss having the little bars next to my name, to give me an idea on how my connection is with everyone else. call me a pussy, but when your 2000+/- miles away from the continental US, a three bar or a four bar connection can make a HUGE difference.

Level 4

OP, I think you'll find your lagging harder than ever, which will be masked on your screen by smoothing. Want to know why you can take bullets? Your hitbox is skipping all over the place due to the instability of your connection, making you hard to hit and causing instances of sheer WTF for anyone shooting at you.

So!

Carry on with your cheaty advantage if you must. I'd love to see some video evidence of you actually being 'behind' everyone else. To my knowledge nobody claiming this has ever been able to cough up any proof.

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

I must admit this is hard decision either go back and be slaughtered or carry on being on the plus side and enjoying the game as before i tested my connections I was really considering trashing this game but after the test I am enjoying the game it is actually quit fun.

Level 2

my friend, I have done alot of things myself, not so much in this game, but ive done everything in ghosts,a nd yeah you can crap your connection, but you will see that you havent fixed anything, u had a good night, but give it another few nights, and u will see you did not get a fix like you think you did

Level 10

in reply to W_E_A_P_0_N_11_

Not at all I have my permanent connection and still play on it and it's horrible, unfortunately 3G data is expensive so I can't use it all the time. But when I switch between the 2 it is like night and day.

Level 2

Studios