My 3G connection is lag free

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: My 3G connection is lag free

in reply to Bielsalmighty

How is it a "cheaty" advantage as spending loads of money on my internet and the only reason I have had to go through this amount of testing is because there is a large portion of the community that must already be doing this, or have really bad internet connections, so all I am doing is joining the masses

Level 2

in reply to frtthunderpants

Yes, there are a lot of people who have godawful internet and are enough of a luddite to not realise. However making yourself part of the problem does nothing to fix it now does it? As I said, have fun with your cheaty advantage if you must.

EDIT: Also, I've explained how its cheaty. You are purposely destabilising your connection enough to make it difficult to land shots on you due to your hitbox lagging everywhere. Now you know whats happening it would deffo be cheaty to carry on down this path. The choice is yours.

Level 31
Highlighted

So you discovered how to lag switch?

Level 35

in reply to Megadog14

I actually thought lag switching was something completely different. (And my mom just said these forums will only make you dumb) shows you can learn something after all

Level 2

Better listen to your mom, maybe if youre good she'll let you stay up til 8!

Level 35

Your connection "speed " has no relevance on a game console that uses .04 up and .04 down to play a video game.

All that really matters is your PING.

As for playing thru you phone that is not designed to play video games off a console properly. Technically even though its probably not a violation you are manipulating your connection to get a better game. That would not be the games fault.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

You will find that ping is generally the most important thing when using dedicated servers. There are other factors such as hardware, its resources and your actual internet connection but ping is top of the list.

P2P is different and the game code is used to analyse and dare I say manipulate all factors of player connections. I don't believe assigning host is based purely on ping speed. Players are often penalised for having good internet connections while Johnny Gamer is having a great time on his $2 a month Wallmart 56k dialup.

There's more to P2P than I will ever know or understand but it has been proven that in P2P games such as MW3 and Blops2 you can reduce lag by throttling the upload speed to a sub 1 meg value. The other way of achieving the same thing instead of configuring router bandwidth manually is to connect several devises to your home network. They all use bandwidth and reduce the bandwidth available to the xbox. It's not ideal but it's better than the game being unplayable.  Please note that this is NOT lag switching which is a vastly different proposition in itself and cheating.

Level 4

in reply to starbuckfrack

starbuckfrack wrote:

Your connection "speed " has no relevance on a game console that uses .04 up and .04 down to play a video game.

As for playing thru you phone that is not designed to play video games off a console properly. Technically even though its probably not a violation you are manipulating your connection to get a better game. That would not be the games fault.

Actually Ping is HIGHLY dictated by your UPLOAD speed.

Level 34

in reply to propipe

myevo8you wrote:

starbuckfrack wrote:

Actually Ping is HIGHLY dictated by your UPLOAD speed.

That's a negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Bandwidth =/= Ping.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to propipe

When im on my home wifi, which is 5mbps down 1 up, i average about 10 ms of ping. When im using 4g on my phone, which is 15mbps down 3 up, i average 20 ms ping. Its not speed related at all.

Level 35

Studios