My 3G connection is lag free

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: My 3G connection is lag free

in reply to frtthunderpants

Well your rude response got deleted. Wonder why ?

You pinged the trace routes to the XBOX servers so you trace routes are irrelevant when you are not connecting to the Xbox server in a game . You are connecting to the HOST 360 in a game.

Just like your ping to Denver is irrelevant too.

In both cases you are connecting to a very powerful server, not to someones measly old Xbox.

Maybe if you knew what you were doing people wouldnt have to chime in.

and in no way was my original post here belligerent. It was factual. I in know way insulted your intelligence in that post. If you dont want factual information then dont  post in a PUBLIC forum where people are allowed to respond to you.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

But you insinuated he was cheating.

Belligerent.

Case closed.

*leads mob wielding torches and pitchforks to your doorstep*

Level 31

I knew it wouldn't be long before I saw one of these posts. I wish the dedicated servers were online because there are far too many players nowadays that think they are awesome at COD but when reality sets in we play the blame game. The connection or lag comp is the scapegoat for everything that doesn't go our way.

Everybody gets the WTF moments. I know because I've had plenty in this game. I'm also smart enough to know that things do go my way too and my opponent my be like WTF. Some of us also know that gaming across the internet isn't perfect. Hell i'm still happy to be able to play with players all across the US. When I first started gaming as a kid multiplayer was playing splitscreen on the same console and tv with a friend.

Level 16

in reply to blb128

Aye. Its hilarious isn't it, the way people equate success with connection quality? There'll be a rise in hacker/modded controller/rubbish server accusations once dedis are set in properly, mark my words.

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

I think you're generalising too much but to some extent yes some players will still complain after dedi's arrive. However you cannot escape the fact that many players are suffering from perceived connection related issues with seemingly excellent broadband connections in the COD games since MW3 onwards. For me personally, while I'm of average skill, Ghosts is unplayable for me and I know it's not me. Throwing in the Blops1, MW2 or COD4 disks sees the problem disappear. I was playing COD4 last night having a great time and wondering why IW doesn't have Ghosts playing the same way.

Level 4

One of the guys I play with has a 1GB line. His connection is consistent. I highly doubt BB quality has much, if anything, to do with it...

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

It should not have an impact but in COD p2p games it does for so many players and the evidence is there to demonstrate that.

Level 4
Highlighted

Not really, as its only a small number on these forums who complain of it. I can remember a few who complained of it who found out that their latency issues actually stemmed from their TVs. I have BT Infinity also, on a line similar to yours. I have little to no problems, unless I'm matched up with distant EU players or (god forbid) dudes from an entirely distant continent, who then pull host.

Other than that, I've had a consistent experience across all titles. It'd be nice if they took a leaf out of BO2's book and locked you into only playing people on your own continent, or even better your own country...

EDIT: actually, I'd go so far as to say this game has the best connection quality I've experienced for a while. As much as I enjoyed the game, BO2's was pretty weak. I was, and am, mightily impressed with how well this game has played from day 1.

Level 31

zrxd wrote:

many players are suffering from perceived connection related issues with seemingly excellent broadband connections in the COD games since MW3 onwards.

Generalized statement.

Its not YOUR excellent broadband connection nor is it MY excellent connection. It basically comes down to the hosts connection and all 11 other players in the lobby.

As for all the other games that you play are fine the general publics entire connection quality is what matters on the forum. You always will get about 1 percent of the people (for example) that say their connection was perfectly fine.

Level 72

I have been lagging my nut sack off since launch. I got it fixed though. First off i saved the game to my hard drive. So now the xbox is not constantly working. This since has gotten rid of all the lag. #2 I had one dude i played with on a nightly basis. He for some reason ALWAYS pulled host. Even though i got a 10 MS ping in a 300 mile radius and 150 upload 65 download fios speed. Well i booted his ass like a $5.00 crack ho. Since the connection has been solid

Level 38

Studios