My profile was modded please help.

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: My profile was modded please help.

in reply to Quim1

It doesnt matter what ANYONES opinion on this is. If you think he is innocent its not going to change anything.

Pure fact. This is nothing ANYONE can do even the PETs at Activision. If they find he has violated policy then they will ban him, if they find out he was innocent they cant reset his stats.

nothing posted in this forum wil solve ANYTHING because no one in this forum including the moderators can help him.

He can try calling Activision support but I can guarantee you they wont be able to help him.

Nothing that is posted on this forum is going to change in any way what does or doesnt happen to him.

Level 72

in reply to Quim1

Quim wrote:

Sounds like the OP wasn't aware he was in a hacked game.

Next!

And just because he sounds innocent actually makes him innocent ? Glad you arent working as a cop in a murder investigation.

The policing team will not make a decision if he SOUNDS innocent, the MS forums are full of people that sounded innocent but still were banned.

The moment you signed into XBL and agreed to the policy you agreed that you would be aware of what you are doing because you STILL are responsible for your account.

You agree to be bound by this Agreement for any associated accounts (including those for minors) you hold now or create later and that you are responsible for all activity that takes place with your Services account and any associated accounts.

Do not use the services to do anything illegal.  You are responsible for your actions on the services and the consequences of your actions.

Says so in multiple places.

here is more

Do not intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods.

• Do not cheat in a game unless cheats have been deliberately enabled by the developer.
  • Do not use unauthorized hardware or modifications to gain an advantage or disrupt the competitive landscape of Xbox Live.
  • Do not exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches.

Then there is Activisions Ghosts policy.

Ghosts Online Code of Conduct

Any user who colludes with another user to exploit the game for the purpose of gaining XP, prestige, game score, weapon level, or in-game unlock is subject to penalty.

Any user who abuses an exploit in game code or other established rule of play is subject to penalty. An example includes but is not limited to using a hole in the map geo to intentionally go outside of the map boundary.

you need to be aware of everything or you risk getting permanently banned.

Now why is it yet since I have been playing the COD series I have fallen into a modded lobby ? And thats been about 6 years.

The OP has a tendency not to read the rules. Like the one that says on the first page of this thread to use the search feature. If he would have used it he would have his answer and no on would have been the wiser.

Level 72

in reply to YO VLUD

A tad judgemental, don't you think? Plus your anology doesn't hold water.

Level 12

in reply to TrueSparky

They can't monitor every interaction all the time. Report the lobby and they will do what they can. Sadly the Hackers always seem to be a step ahead, true for any company dealing with Internet Security.

But ultimately... YOU are responsible for your account.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I respectfully dsagree. MS is responsible for allowing it to be possible to have your account hacked unwillingly. Invites are a feature of XBL, a useful one for making new friends a that imho. To be held responsible for using in good faith a feature as intended by the designers is ridiculuous.

Level 12

in reply to Slopat

So... by your logic... The Postal Service is to blame for mail fraud or identity theft cases?

Hackers are called hackers because... they HACK. They break into things they shouldn't be able to get into and wreak havoc on the innocent. It is a constant battle for MS .. and every company that works in the field(I happen to work for one as well).

It isn't the invite that allows the hack... it is the match people are invited to. And guess what? The majority of people who fall for things like this responded to a "All recent players, hosting a 10th Prestige Lobby...yadda yadda yadda" message from a total stranger and hoped they could get something easy or free. Others are just naive and don't think before they act. 

Police aren't to blame for crime... they do what they can to prevent it and when they can't they try to get justice for the victims and punishment for the perpetrators. No more is MS responsible for hackers. They do their best to stop it, it is NOT in their best interest to allow this behavior to continue. But notice they have never had an issue with personal info or payment info (like PSN for example), so perhaps their Security measures are stronger than you and I realize, and their priorities are in the right place? Personally, I'd rather hear about some random Modded Lobby than get a message telling me my Credit Card info was stolen.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I am sorry, but I do not follow your logic. Are you saying everyone who gets their identity stolen is responsible? Never use your debit card because you are responsible for hacked card readers?

Anyhow, I guess my ultimate point is I live in a country where we give the benefit of doubt (innocent till proven guilty) and I fully agree with the precept. All this talk of police is giving me a headache... Serve and protect, yes?

Level 12

in reply to Slopat

Slopat wrote:

I am sorry, but I do not follow your logic. Are you saying everyone who gets their identity stolen is responsible? Never use your debit card because you are responsible for hacked card readers?

Anyhow, I guess my ultimate point is I live in a country where we give the benefit of doubt (innocent till proven guilty) and I fully agree with the precept. All this talk of police is giving me a headache... Serve and protect, yes?

No but you can take steps to prevent your CC info from getting hacked. If you are stupid enough not to notice something looks wrong with the credit card reader than you deserve to have your CC info stolen. Did you use your CC on a new site without checking them . Then you are at fault. Did someone steal your CC when you used the public bathroom and left your purse in easy reach ? Yes you are at fault. Did they steal it from Sonys website ? No you arent at fault but SONY is responsible.

Sure the cops rule is serve and protect but can they protect everybody all at once ? No they cant. So what you need to do is pay attention and ensure you dont become a victim.

A lady walks down the street and has her purse stolen is she at fault ? Well there is no yes or no answer unless you ask her first what steps she took to prevent her from getting robbed.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

So I guess you also blame the woman for being violated. After all she looked and dressed sexy and didn't carry a gun in her purse. Let's stone her for the disgrace she caused the family.

BTw, there have been cases of hacked AT machines at banks. Dang morons who used those deserved to get their accounts emptied, I am sure.

Sorry but I do not buy in to your way of seeing things. Yeah, sure be careful, but assuming the victim is always to blame does not sit well with me.

Level 12

in reply to TrueSparky

Why did you think that you had to accept the policies of Xbox Live before you made your gamertag. One of them is not playing with anyone using game exploits. It isnt their fault you joined that modded lobby and you know it.

I can tell you the truth but you dont want to hear that. I bet if you posted your gamertag we would find it on a hacking site.

Level 72

Studios