My profile was modded please help.

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

My profile was modded please help.

This happened a few days ago. I was playing domination and I got an invite to a game and I joined it, it was on prison break. After a few minutes in the game I was kicked and I got a error message that said "Enjoy your stats and unlocks." After this I looked and I was 10th level 60 with everything unlocked. I was just wondering if I can get my old stats back. (This lobby changed my stats KILLS/DEATHS/WINS/DAYS) and stuff. It ruined my K/D and my W/L. I was wondering if this can be fixed.

-Thanks

TrueSparky
50 REPLIES

Re: My profile was modded please help.

in reply to TrueSparky

Nope. Not at all. And you could even get banned for it. Seriously, I am not kidding. They cant even fix your score.

Now according to XBL policy YOU are responsible for everything on your account. Then you have to consider that EVERY message you send or receive is stored in the MS database. So if you contacted someone before you joined MS could then ban you.

PS Activision moderators check all the hacking sites If they see a "let me join, my gamertag is soandso" on a modding site you WILL then be banned.

Honestly sorry to say this and I am being truthful there is nothing you can do.

Now you COULD file an Unauthorized Access with MS, but they will basically make an IRS audit seem like a party compared to how they go thru all your history.

NEVER join a lobby from strangers just like dont accept candy from strangers.

And Activision already patched that  "hack". As far as I know you now have to purposely go thru certain steps to "unlock" them. Like when the major hack that went thru one of the older CODs MS knew you couldnt accidentally join a modded lobby, that you actually had to go thru the private match settings to load the hack with the host. So they could tell if you did that too.

starbuckfrack Level 72

in reply to TrueSparky

Nope...you joined a private match and you paid the price...I never accept random invites...ever.  If you don't know the person inviting you, and you joined, you deserve it.

YO VLUD

in reply to YO VLUD

How do you go about populating your firiends list then? Only with peeps you know irl? All my Xbox friends were met online, and obviously we joined each others' games to get to know each other.

Honestly, I think its makes no sense to blame someone for getting hacked because they accepted an invite. If accepting invites makes you responsible for hackers, MS should disable the feature.

This community can be quite depressing at times.

Slopat

in reply to Slopat

Slopat wrote:

How do you go about populating your firiends list then?

Umm check out their gamertags thru Elite ? Look them up online ? Check their gaming history in the games they played ? For example if someone unlocked everything all in one day 30 seconds apart that guy wouldnt be my freind. I mean if you just met a guy on the street or a girl would you just immediately say "Welcome to my home, sleep in my bed" ?

You dont accept an invite from total strangers just like you dont let your kids follow some guy who says he is their uncle.

Only with peeps you know irl? All my Xbox friends were met online, and obviously we joined each others' games to get to know each other.

Honestly, I think its makes no sense to blame someone for getting hacked because they accepted an invite. If accepting invites makes you responsible for hackers, MS should disable the feature.

This community can be quite depressing at times.

As been said before if a policy team member find you guilty then that it you are guilty , no chance for appeal. You are done.

As been said before (and not attacking just an example) this guy could be a serial hacker who just got his console for Xmas. He could have hacked the game and found out he could get banned and came here to try to get away with it. Again it goes back to my first statement here in your reply and many others.

Nothing said here will change the fact if he gets banned or not. End of story.

starbuckfrack Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

Give you an example of something that happened last week. A guy from GTA sends me a freind request.

I accept it. I then watch his gamertag for a day and receive a message from him . "Please hunt me down in GTA and collect my million dollar bounty so we can split it". Well I immediately took him off my FL and reported him for cheating.

Now I DID accept a game invite from him immediately for example in Ghosts what do you think the chances are that I would have been accepted to a modded lobby ? VERY high.

When meeting any stranger you want to use your common sense to at least protect yourself before just diving it to his van that smells like chocolate ice cream. Same thing with meeting people online. If you dont use common sense then one day they are going to be scraping up your corpse on the street. I know there is a major difference here but when you have at least 50 bucks on the line plus DLC, time left over , achievements, etc to lose you would want to protect it as much as possible.

starbuckfrack Level 72

in reply to Slopat

Nobody here is saying that it's a good thing. We all hate that it happens... to anyone. But that is life... sometimes you make good calls, sometimes you make bad ones. Sometimes  things work out, other times they don't. Sometimes bad things happen to good people.

All we are saying here is that you are ultimately responsible for your account. Like you, I met most of my friends that I play with online. But you have to be careful about that, too... just like when meeting someone in real life. Most of the friends I have I met THROUGH other friends. I started with a small group of people I know, they brought in their friends, who became my friends.. and so on. Other folks I met through lobbies. Played several matches with them and only when I felt I could trust them did I accept friend requests or invites.

Here is what you have to understand... those of us who are forum vets have seen this before. Folks come on, complain they were hacked or modded or banned... and that someone else did it... or they didn't know what would happen... and 99% of those threads it turns out they knew exactly what they were getting into.. and even invited it upon themselves. Doesn't make them bad people, they just made a bad choice.

Either way, you are responsible for what happens to your account. It is no coincidence, then, that folks like myself who guard their Gamer tags never run into situations like this.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I can't argue the fact I am a forum noobie. The behaviour you describe surprises me, as if I were to cheat, the last thing I would do is what you describe. Anyhow, I still think the ultimate responsibilty lies with MS and game designers, but will grant you its difficult to judge of one's honesty here. I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt, but that's a personal choice. I do find the reactions in this thread harsh, but maybe that's due to my noobiness/naïveté.

Slopat

in reply to TrueSparky

I also hear there is a Nigerian Prince who could use your help. You always accept random invites from people you don't know?

Something tells me you are leaving out a detail or two.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Yeah I do join game invites. Usually the people inviting me are my recent players who are in a party and are trying to pubstomp so I like to join and destroy them and make them retire from their pubstomping career.

TrueSparky

Studios