My thoughts on the last DD war... and hopefully yours :)

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

My thoughts on the last DD war... and hopefully yours :)

Yoyo,

Just wanted to  blurt out a couple of my thoughts from last DD clan war.

For some context Im a low level leader in MRKA we are in like ~60th place on the leader board (im not too sure as of typing this im just guessing cuz last time I checked we were 53rd) Any ways I play a lot and have been participating in clan wars for a couple months now, im not saying I know everything by any means or that im right.

1. I absolutely love the 4 hour windows it really makes every game almost a necessary win
  2. I really like the improved matchmaking.. even though it takes a little longer to get in a game the improved competition is definatly a plus

Now my “some-guy-on-the-internet” suggestions to make it better

1. Remove cranked – This imo is a party game. Keep it to TDM, KC, DOM, BLITZ, S&D, and to fill it out S&R or some hardcore variants if that’s too little.
  2. Move diamond division clans who haven’t scored a point in the last two clan wars back down to platinum
  3. Enable E-Sports Rules. Now this maybe the most drastic of changes… but technically this would be the time to use them. This would lure over the “GBONLY!!!” players and hopefully create even greater competiton.

Thanks for your time if ya read this!

www.merikah.clanwebsite.com

Smell ya later,

What did you think? Should we enable Esport rules?

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: My thoughts on the last DD war... and hopefully yours :)

in reply to Brazill420_
Solution
‎11-04-2014 11:59 AM

This last clan war was better... I´m meaning... more difficult. I was in a clan and in the first hours the nods had allready been taken. The only thing I don´t understand is the rules about number of members to platinum division. Is the same of diamond?

Level 2
65 REPLIES

in reply to Brazill420_

EAsports rules are for cry baby noobs who don't wanna play the game the way it's designed.

And even if enabled for people in the diamond war how is that fair? We then have rules limiting us even more when we get stuck in public matches? It's neither practical or worth while. EAsports rules are for players who refuse to adapt to the game and to learn its ins and outs. It's like telling the military you can't use bombers and explosives because our troops are already the best and shouldn't have to use them it's stupid and pointless. Adapt and over come as the marines say.

Level 4

in reply to SLAYER2291

"We then have rules limiting us even more when we get stuck in public matches?"

"It's like telling the military you can't use bombers and explosives because our troops are already the best and shouldn't have to use them it's stupid and pointless."

Please elaborate....

Level 1

in reply to Brazill420_

Alright my special child. You a dd clan are restricted by e rules. Me I am a plat clan player (example only I am 4 diamond wins) now the public match throws us against each other. Guess what? I have ieds, noob toobs, danger close, tracker sights ect. You have none of that. No blast shield nothing to counter any of the many explosive routes.

To make it worse you have no kill streaks while me and my entire team do. Now how exactly do you feel? And believe me a lot of plat gold ect teams are much better naturally then a lot of diamond clans as is. But now you have tied hands making it even worse for you so sure if you wanna try it you can join the idiots. And gba only wouldn't join cuz it only nerfs you not them.

Level 4

in reply to SLAYER2291

i was under the impression dd only get matchmaking against dd clans.

if this is not true and all levels are included then just add esports to platinum and gold the other ones are going to suck so bad it shouldnt be a problem

Level 1

in reply to Brazill420_

Stop just Stop it doesn't matter who's in your bracket. Your playing public matches!

Level 4

in reply to SLAYER2291

one diamond division clan can consist of upto 100 memebers.

this makes 16 full lobbies of diamond division players to battle against.

lets say theres 100 active clans on xbox360 with ~50 members each

that is 800 potential diferent lobbies for your clan to play against and none of them have to be in your "bracket" (which is determined by clan size)

have you even been in a diamond war?

Level 1

in reply to Brazill420_

I have finished first place in all four diamond wars and plan to continue that streak.

Match making for games is bad enough during clan wars why make the window even smaller and harder to find games? Then you also run into the fact that with such a small pool you will encounter your own clan constantly. I have heard of this many times even with the whole public pool of lobbies. Then you must consider that diamond is broken into time zones as well which makes the pool even smaller.

Example, during the west coast time zone the one my clan competes in, you have about 100,000 players online during most of the war. Sometimes higher, sometimes lower. But even with that many players online finding a game of cranked, SnR, SnD ect takes a good bit of time. Sometimes as much as 5mins to find a lobby. Now that may not seem terrible but thats 1/48th of your entire time slot spent searching for possibly only one game if people bail on the lobby. Time is money in the diamond wars and money is hard to come by.

Level 4

in reply to SLAYER2291

your logic is incorrect.

Since all clans in DD must wait to find a DD lobby and you only play against clans in your timezone, then the wait between games is fair.

Tip: Try having the party leader have an open nat type

Level 1

in reply to Brazill420_

Here is a tip for you. Everyone in all our parties runs an open nat type. And it would never be fair. You assume everyone has equal internet and ping rate ect all that goes into connectivity. You also seem to keep missing that even on the public servers during this last war the game type cranked only had 1,500 players on. Now narrow it down to only diamond and I am willing to bet it was only a few hundred at best. 

Level 4

Studios