Night Vision Goggles Should Be Brought Back In Gameplay...Huh?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Night Vision Goggles Should Be Brought Back In Gameplay...Huh?

in reply to Project-VAG-DAN

Dynamic lighting where the map goes from day to dark... or dark to day.. then they would have a purpose and reason to be in the game.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

I was thinking of having 15 default maps but with dynamic lighting and elements. It would end something like having 60 different maps.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Nah just the 15 maps but they would change throughout the game play. Still the same maps, just would play differently depending if started in dark or day time and if the map was changed via the odin strike.

But yeah I get your point, would feel like having more when it really was not.

Level 70

In theory they wouldnt even need dynamic lighting, just a time of day and weather generator that when a map loads, it loads with a random combination, this sort of thing has been in pc based racing sims for years.

Or just have a set of prescripted time of day/weather loadouts, and the game selects a random one each time a map is voted for.

Level 5

in reply to Project-VAG-DAN

Yes they could do that but with dynamic lighting it would change during the course of the game forcing players to adapt to the change. A good hiding spot at one moment may not be so good in a few moments as the lighting changed around it.

Plus players would need to create day and nigh loadouts and need to switch to them as the day or night changed.

Not just a static lighting model were the map is always lit or always dark the entire match.

Level 70

I would ultimately like to see Dynamic Maps that also have Dynamic Time of Day (Night, Midday, Morning, Afternoon, Dusk, Dawn, etc) as well as Dynamic Weather (Could be Raining, Snowing, Foggy, Bright Sunshine, Overcast, Windy...) This would make every match feel new, and would keep maps from being worn out so quickly.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Yes, yes and YES!. the 360 may not be able to but the X1 should be able to do this. I have always felt teh fps games faltered because of this omission. That with these it would require a whole new set of skills to play the game. Each player would have to adapt to the change of day and weather since a dark corner may soon be brightly lit and vice versa.

Level 70

I agree with your point, the only problem is the games in COD are so short these days that the dynamic lighting would need to be uber accelerated to show any kind of difference.

Mind you if games were made slightly longer it could really work,

I mean SnD starting early morning and finishing lunch time (accelerated game time of course)

As for the weather, they would need to be careful with what loadouts they give each map, i mean a snow storm in the middle of a desert wouldnt be a good idea, you know people would start rubbishing them instantly if that happened.

But yeah fully dynamic lighting, time of day changes and weather would be awsome in COD.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to hayant7785

I would love them to make more night maps and this feature would be perfect as a tactical equipment.

Level 23

in reply to hayant7785

Yeah, it would be cool if we would have a few night maps. I don't see it happening though. Since everyone would be able to use Night Vision, it would just be a green map then ^^

Level 6

Studios