No Dedicated Servers in 3rd Largest City in the United States

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

No Dedicated Servers in 3rd Largest City in the United States

I Live in Chicago Illinois, the 3rd largest population in the country and we don't have dedicated servers. None of us. I have 12 friends that live in the city and not a single one have been placed in the dedicated servers that IW said were going to be in the game. Constant migrations, lag, Hosts dashboarding at end of games because they are losing.  I ping 4ms to server in chicago , no packet loss, open NAT 2 ms jitter on a bad day. I think we were lied to by IW about Dedis on xbox 360. There is no hybrid system being used here at all. 100% P2P (listen servers) 24/7. There is an Azure server farm in the city of Chicago and it is not being used. If someone claims they are on dedis on xbox 360, i would question their intergrity. If you say youre on them, prove it or don't speak.

IW, you sold this game to people on the premise that you were providing dedicated servers across ALL platforms. You have not pulled through. You should be ashamed. I will not purchase another game from activision. Ever.

Level 19
299 REPLIES

Re: No Dedicated Servers in 3rd Largest City in the United States

in reply to lewdmouth

They never promised everyone would be on dedis, nor did they state when or where. As you mentioned a mixed hybrid would be used.

I have not seen one host migration and you from the reading live in a larger city then I do. Now if your dealign with the chronic quitters well, IW has not mentioned what punishment they deserve.

Question: How do you know the "azure" servers aren't being used? Curious.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Because I run my xbox through my PC and use UDP/TCP trace software that offers me the IP addresses of players I am connected to and shows the bandwidth usage amongst the IP addresses. The host always shows more bandwidth traffic than the clients. I am a network engineer and am well qualified to decifer the results. Chicago does not have dedi's on the 360 at all. If the largest citys in the country are not being offered servers, than who is?

Can you provide me with the IP address you are connected to that you claim is the dedicated server you always are connected to? That would make me feel more comfortable that you were being truthful.

Level 19
Highlighted

in reply to lewdmouth

I didn't claim anything simply stating the facts of my experience.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I have talked to dozens of people in lobbies and my entire friends list. All have had host migrations. Big cod youtubers have host migrations and joke about the lack of dedicated servers in their commentaries. If dedicated servers exist they effect almost no one. Activision should not advertise and brag about something that effects less than 1% of their playerbase. As lewdmouth said, please provide some proof so we know you aren't just lying about how you play on dedicated servers.

Level 9

ill admit..i've had 3 host migrations out of 8 days total play time

Level 11

in reply to veilofmaya

You must be Mark Rubin's neighbor

Level 19

And can you provide some proof that you arent ? Instead of hearsay from your freinds list ?

The definition of proof is hard evidence and yet you only have your own words. So far YET Lewdmouth has provided NO proof. Just a falsified story about how he sold some secrets to a major gaming website where he got paid in bitcoin. supposedly he signed a non disclosure agreement and the "reporters that bought he story reneged on the contract and posted NOTHING of what they paid 900 bucks for.

Some guy requires proof from us but REPEATEDLY fails to show any proof of his own ? Here is lewdmouths general statement "I dont have to show you proof cause I secretly have it but no one can see it, but you have to show yours." Which we have shown some evidence. I have made over 3 million easily in my life but I am not going to show it to you. And thats NOT a lie I can show you easily how I did it.

Dont think anyone can provide proof right now of dedicated servers, and even if we did some of you would deny that actual evidence that is shown and state its all poppycock. Of ignore it like you have already donne with the discussions in this thread.

The one evidence we DID show was that the Black Ops 2 WAS connecting to Choopa servers on the Xbox. So far the scores if the dedis 1 and the non dedis still 0. Besides again what does it matter. It has been said time again and again that dedicated servers are not some cure all for lag but in some cases make it worse that listen server 360s.

What makes me laugh is the people on here that STILL think this game would run lag free without (for example) getting shot around corners. You still get shot around corners on a dedi as well. Look at the present "godsend" Titanfall, which BTW is a great game but suffers from lag effects worse than in any COD I have ever played. Or did you guys just choose to ignore the discussion me and (your Messiah ) lewdmouth.

AlteredVista I would LOVE to see how you had proven you had the lowest ping in the lobby. What did you all do before the game, run all your PCs to Pingtest ? Right there you failed because not everyone would have been routing their connection thru their computer either as well as the fact that pingtest is a very poor test result nowhere in comparison to an Xbox during the game. And if you think you got the lowest ping in the lobby and shouldnt get shot around corners you are mistaken. Not only does YOUR ping come into the equation but so does the enemies ping. The fact that you got shot around a corner is the result of LAG from the host and the enemy and not lag comp. Reason you seemed to get shot around corners was because on the enemies screen you were already dead and the game just backtracked. That fact of being shot around corners happens in ALL FPS games. We have shown enough proof of that linking to developers pages that the cause of that is because of the inherent slow packet speeds. I could have sworn people already told you that or at least repeated it enough in the forums for you to read it. Without lag comp you would have been WAY around the corner before you died. Cant believe after 2000 points in the forum you still have no clue what lag comp is. Lag comp does not get you shot around corners, the connections do.

I understand how new people can think one thing and get taught differently but when they were already told something and chose to ignore it is one of the reasons this forum is a waste of time. Just like this thread is a waste of time. It has gotten no one NO WHERE. It hasnt closed down Call Of Duty or gotten Activision to stand up for themselves or whatever lewdmouth wanted. Only reason its being posted to again is because its at the top of the list.

So its funny lewdmouth. They paid you 900 in bitcoin for something they never used ? Not big gaming company is that stupid. So you are still going stick to the rules and discuss nothing while they supposedly didnt stick up to their end of the bargain ? And you are leading us to believe that they paid you in advance for information they never needed in the first place ? That like me hiring a painter for 1000 dollars just to talk to me about paint colors for 5 minutes then not having him do any actual work.

"OMG I got a host migration in an online game, the world is at an end" You people still dont realize you still are going to get lag issues with dedis.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

I told you what I discovered in an earlier post. No secrets from me.

The whole thing was a bait and switch because Titanfall had announced that it was going to use dedi's. IW never had any intention of providing servers to any noticeable portion of the game population. Though it was not a lie, it was extremely deceptive and can only hurt their reputation. I will never buy a game from Activision again. That I can promise.

Level 19

in reply to lewdmouth

Yeah , you got paid 900 dollars in bitcois because you noticed that the game didnt sell as the hottest selling game like the last couple iterations. Thats no secret thats called looking something up on the internet. Sure it didnt sell in sales record this year but that doesnt change anything it still sold really well. And that has nothing to do with the amount of dedis they have out there. They arent going to have a record amount of dedis cause they didnt have a record amount of sales. They arent going to pay you in bitcoin because you looked up a sales page on the internet when they easily could hired a intern for free to look it up in 5 seconds.

You didnt post any proof. You posted an opinion. An opinion without any actual numbers behind it. Its not like you posted a news event showing what the amount of dedis would be if they did break world records. So how many dedis did they promise you? Did they post a percentage of how many dedis they had ? Just because this forum is full of hate posts cause people didnt get a game on a dedi doesnt mean that 99 percent of the players dont have dedis. This forum is full of people with complaints.

" I'll never buy a game from this company again" Yada Yada Yada, heard , heard it, heard it. Nobody cares if you wont buy a COD game again. No need to make a thread about it. I wont buy from McDonalds ever again but you dont see me posting hate posts on their forum. Nobody needs an update on what you are or arent buying this week.

Your just pissed off cause you think your city is the 3rd most important in the US when it isnt even the top 100 population in the world.If you are done buying anything more from Activision then what are you doing here. Spewing hate crap for a game that everybody already paid for. Its not getting you anywhere. People had a "black out date" to show Activision they were tired of where the game was going. It didnt even scratch the paint.

Level 72

Studios