No Theater Mode in Ghosts... thoughts?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

No Theater Mode in Ghosts... thoughts?

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/08/14/call-of-duty-ghosts-wont-have-in-game-livestreaming-features-...

COD Ghosts_Whiteout Environment

Call of Duty: Ghosts won’t feature the in-game live streaming feature like how Call of Duty: Black Ops II did. And in the same interview Daniel Suarez, vice president of production at Activision, confirmed that Theater mode is not returning either.

“We’re continuing the work that [Treyarch] did, eSports is a big initiative for us,” Daniel told me at the Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer reveal. He added that they’re going to continue supporting the community as much as they can with these features. That said, there is one big feature that won’t be included in Ghosts.

“So not all the feature sets that we had in Black Ops II will transfer over. So for example the streaming from the game feature we won’t actually be doing this year. The way that it worked inBlack Ops II is you had a certain resolution that you could output out. We didn’t really see the community adopting that so we’ve taken that feature out in Ghosts.” To that end, Theater Mode will also not be returning for Ghosts.

However, if you play on PS4 or Xbox One you will be able to live stream directly from the console – as the next-gen console has those features built in. And, they next gen consoles will also have the ability to record and share gameplay’s.

SOURCE: Destructoid

Ok, So Livestreaming I could care less about, plus it is built into the Next Gens for those who care.

Theater Mode... mixed feelings. It is a cool feature, but I rarely used it other than reporting cheaters or glitches I came across. I feel like it created a lot of lag in the game by recording the matches, and if it helps improve connectivity, I am fine with it going.  Thoughts?

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
92 REPLIES

Re: No Theater Mode in Ghosts... thoughts?

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I think it is better to not have theater, but it will definitely be harder to crack down on cheaters then.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

Really hoping they bolster the report system and do a good job enforcing.

Someone asked earlier how IW could earn our trust, I think they can start by holding up the integrity and security of the game.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

MW3 did a good job considering I got banned for boosting.

Level 47
Highlighted

I always hate to see a feature removed from a game. This however was one I rarely used....I would sometimes use it to "scout" a player I thought played really well. Having said that it did seem MW3 performed noticeably better for me when it was turned off.

I don't see myself missing it, not sure when on jump on the new console train but, nice to know the feature will be built into the console.

Level 15

in reply to jasonroloff

I guess it's all for the better. The next gen consoles have the built-in ability to record gameplays and to live stream the games. The only downside is that we can no longer see the game through the eyes of others.

Level 14

in reply to Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

I wonder if it will increase or decrease complaining about "Lag" or "Lag Comp". So many people see things in theater or kill cams and cry lag...when in reality they just plain lost the fight.

Activision Ambassador

Yeah because the broken lag compensation and host disadvantage is just an excuse used by "bad" players. Try again.

Level 2

in reply to Richie55

He doesn't need to try again, he is right. Theater mode does cause lag, and too many times we have seen a crybaby come on here and post a video of him dying despite his crosshairs being "on target." That said, it won't decrease the whining, because people will cry about anything.

Level 25

in reply to Richie55

The irony here is that I have never once complained about lag.

But the fact of the matter is, since Theater was introduced, the issue has become far more pronounced.

And the other fact of the matter is, people DO use it as an excuse. Sometimes they are right, but more often they were just beat.

Activision Ambassador

Studios