Players backing out of games - Cranked especially

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Players backing out of games - Cranked especially

This has always been an issue but in the recent clan war it was really highlighted by what happens in Cranked.  Cranked as a game type is not a bad one in concept but in practice its terrible.  What kept happening is you would be rolling and then everyone backs out leaving 1 or 2 people in the room.   You end up going to full time hunting down one person and everyone knows each time they kill him there basically going to die because you can't find him again in 30 seconds.

We wasted tons of time in the Clan war capturing cranked hunting down backed out lobbies and on top of it taking needless deaths because of how the game works.

This is an issue with all game types and really there is a very very simple fix!  When more than half of the lobby backs out the forfeit counter should come on and for the players that did not back out they should not get charged with a Loss.

This minor adjustment would satisfy everyone, this way people don't get stuck in games with no players wasting time and the players that get shafted by being on the other team don't take a crappy loss  it might even keep more players in the games and stop so much dashboarding.

Either way without a fix of this nature I will NEVER play cranked unless its in a clan war.

Level 1
21 REPLIES

Re: Players backing out of games - Cranked especially

in reply to _The_Nuts_

I dont think that is the case, If you give them a reason not to back out they wont. So what I think should happen is we add something along the lines of penalties. If they have backed out of more than one game in the past hour (with a good connection to prove that they weren't lagged out.) they get banned for a certain amount of time.If any of this sounds messed up help me and add to it.

Level 1

in reply to t0shih0xz1

Your talking about another issue.  If you want to penalize people for dash boarding or backing out to stop people from doing that then I'm all for that as well.  My issue though is by people backing out of games your penalizing the other team that is staying in to play by forcing them to go full time hunting down 1 or 2 people.

In a game like cranked you get the added insult of having to take needless deaths to do this.  BO2 tried to enforce a penalty for backing out but the problem is you also got penalized if the servers dropped which is unfair in the extreme so they basically got rid of it.

To me there is just no reason to keep a game running if half the enemy team leaves, first off the team down to 3 or less people is not going to win so why waste everyones valuable time making it go full time.

Level 1

in reply to _The_Nuts_

Is there not a forfeiting timer in place?

I've seen teams back out many times in HCTDM before and there's deffo a timer in that?

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz

The Timer only comes up if the Entire lobby quits if even one person stays in the forfeit timer does not come up.

Level 1

in reply to _The_Nuts_

Ah I see what you mean!

Yeah that's a bit pants, cranked should be ffa anyways, surely?

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz

Nope its team based

Level 1

in reply to _The_Nuts_

who wants to be on a team of randoms playing against an organized clan? please raise you hand.

clans should play other clans. not randoms. this, is why you have an empty lobby. NOT EVEN ONCE.

Level 18

Well considering how the game is built and runs you can't stop this if your a random your going to play against teams, the issue here is not about the backing out I don't really care if a team backs out I do care about getting stuck in a game for 10-15 mins trying to track down 1 person.

Level 1

in reply to _The_Nuts_

True, I guess they could put a higher join rate of lobby's with less people? Instead of late joiners on almost filled lobbies make it a priority to fill the empty ones? Either that or just take the quit button out of the start menu

Level 1

Studios