Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?

in reply to TheAscendantOne

Good post,

I do not see a problem of an average of total numbers, you do something similar. But add assists.

Good idea,

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Re: Possibility to include a new statistic in Call Of Duty? What does the community/Activision think?

in reply to Izjar11

Thank you for the support!

Level 1

i like the stat, wouldn't mind seeing it compared to K/D which people already put too much stock into. My HC-TDM kd is only 1.09 but my overall K/D is like .75 because when I play objective modes I actually go for objectives and sometimes choose speed with no weapon in order to run extra perks to stay alive. Also I am often the guy who goes 9-1 or 9-3 because I anchor my teams spawn in order to keep players from spawning behind us. If we dont have a full team of 6 we always get one guy that just runs to the other spawn. My impact in this case is much higher than even that stat would show because experience has taught me that when you get flanked you die more. I can run/gun with my team and go 14-5 or whatever but I am more patient than most of my clan and am a TEAM player. I am in it for the win, not the glory or K/D so this stat while better still has it's flaws. I will add that since I am also usually running UAV and calling them often in that role I add to my score with assists and killstreak points which would also raise that stat.

Level 6

in reply to Wheels1AWTT

You are correct in saying that the particular value you bring to your team is not captured with the GIN (controlling spawns). Your teammates obviously recognize the value you bring to their team, and that should be reflected in a very good win/loss ratio.

The GIN can take into account objective play, it just adds the score you get from planting bombs, capturing territories..etc. The developers just have to assign an appropriate point value to the objectives. It is important that the point value for the objective be proportional to its importance. I personally dont think you get enough points for competing objectives in CoD.

In any case it would just be your score per minute of that game type multiplied by your K/D, obviously going positive AND capturing objectives is HIGHLY impacting an objective game.

Level 1

Don't forget the one I could lead.  Died trying at objective. ha

Level 25

in reply to ChiliDog304

The solution to your problem is playing with a team, or teammates who like teamwork. You can't go for the objective by yourself, it requires coordination. I find when people die repetitively at objective games it is because they are pursuing the objective alone over and over - NEVER DO THAT. Use the buddy system, always have more than one person with you giving you cover when flanking/pushing across the map, the only time I would go by myself is by make sure most of the other team is dead.

Level 1

I like your concept of trying to combine the information into one statistic but for those of us that have been around awhile, all we need to see is the KD and SPM for a TDM player to know what they are going to do.  In fact, it may be a bit more telling to leave it the way that it is considering that the current system allows you to identify both your teams killing efficiency (kd) and participation (spm) at a glance.  Your combined stat muddies the waters a bit and it on it's own wouldn't be the least bit useful in objective game modes where wins are based off of playing the objective and kills are secondary.

Level 69
Highlighted

in reply to phxs72

I definitely agree with you PHXS. I can tell from that information too about how impactful a player is going to be in my lobby. I would use the GIN under the stipulation that K/D and SPM would still be available for your to look at. GIN alone isnt as useful. What the GIN does do, is it conveniently puts the two together and captures the exponential effect of varying K/D and SPM. Someone who has a high SPM and High K/D is exponentially better than someone in between, and for someone who is in between in puts a number on them so you know where they are at.

Level 1

I think something like this would be great, nice idea.

Level 16

You put some thought into it so I give you credit for that.

But as some others have mentioned, it doesn't really tell you anything that can't be figured out by looking at someones KD and SPM.

If any stat is going to be added I'd like it to be a Did Not Finish/Games Left Early kind of stat.

Level 5

Studios