Pubstompers and other slang...what do they mean?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Pubstompers and other slang...what do they mean?

I've seen the term "pubstomper" mentioned in the threads. By their use, I'm guessing it has to do with clans. What does it mean?

And while I'm here, are there any other words/slang I should know to speak proper COD-ese?

Cheers.

Level 21
31 REPLIES

Re: Pubstompers and other slang...what do they mean?

in reply to RunAndGun1

Pubstomper = Public Stomping or kicking butt in Public matches or beating up on randoms.....you get the picture.

Camper is a slang now too IMO. It never use to be but it has so many meanings now that I consider it slang.

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

Campers is slang for anyone who kills people when they are not moving.  Rushers is slang for people who kill people when they are moving. 

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

Actually the term rushing/bum rushing makes sense if you look it like how football is played with blitzing.

Level 16

in reply to Firesens

Rushing would be running straight into the middle.

Bum rushing would be running around the outside of the map and flanking from behind.

In MW2 the game provided both with how well the maps were designed.  I hope that IW/Raven have really put the time into making the maps more vertical providing rush routes for gamemodes like Search and Destroy.

Level 47

in reply to RunAndGun1

Pubstomping has to do with one or more players that dominate a lobby of players that are far less superior.  It can involve using high Killstreaks and an "OP" set up.

Another term is Tryhard.  It basically comes down to a player trying to play the game to the best of their ability, and involves high desire to do well.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

I forgot about Tryhard.....that's a good one!

Level 48

in reply to RunAndGun1

Submitting an example of pubstomping: Hardpoint: Encore Stomp - YouTube

Generally speaking you'll find the term "pubs" to be "discriminatory" while the term "pubstomp(ing)" is widely accepted. It's an odd situation. Competitive players tend to call "outsiders" and those who do not play competitively (i.e. competitive rule sets) "pubs." This is a pain point for some on our forums.

in reply to RunAndGun1

Pub Stomper is basically where a clan or group team up in the multiplayer to face randoms to do this they have the lowest K/D host once they find a lobby that has randoms they instantly head for the spawns and begin to exploit the spawn system racking up scorestreaks and kills not even letting the enemy get out of the spawn once the game is over they boast then harass randoms by making fun of them then they say that the randoms suck then they leave to find another lobby full of randoms. They don't like challenges and aren't sportsman like they will dashboard before they stay. A camper is someone who waits for their kills. A garbage camper only uses the most overpowered gun and exploits everything in the game. The garbage complainer camper uses the cheapest tactics and the second they are killed they complain to the devs and lie about anticamping weapons and equipment being overpowered until they get their way. There are three versions of a Tryhard the first one is the quickscopers definition basically it's someone who isn't being "chill". The second one is the nooby casual gamers definition basically someone who tries to win. Then there is my definition of a Tryhard basically if you wanna know I got it from Drift0r basically look it up. Basically it's someone who has to win 100% of the time if they don't they rage or dashboard or talk trash. They aren't sportsman like they only use cheap tactics and exploits they also only use the most overpowered guns then they complain that there are not enough guns. They rage as soon as their K/D drops below a 2.0 they don't like challenges either.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

I just don't understand why so many people have to categorize how people play.  You either play the game to goof off or you play the game to win.

Level 47

Studios