Question For You Campers

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Question For You Campers

Married guy here and I've been playing FPS's ever since I can remember.  My wife knows that I play games, but she doesn't know anything more than that.  She's not a gamer whatsoever.  I play to win, go for the objectives, and do well overall.

Anyways.....for you campers that hide in corners and don't bother to assist with capturing or holding down flags in games like Domination, do you think your wife or significant other would think less of you if they knew what you were doing?  I mean, it;s just a game, but to a certain degree it really shows what type of a wussy you truly are.

And if your significant other does play with you or knows your style and is aware of your camping and not helping, I'm guessing that they wear the pants in the relationship and your balls are probably kept in a jar on her nightstand.

Sorry, /rant.

Level 6
69 REPLIES

Re: Question For You Campers

in reply to TOSSER1

Interesting approach.

I will camp in those types of games in two scenarios.

1.  If I have already died many times and others are not helping, from my team.

2.  When the other team is so good, I am no longer an asset to my team, but a liability.

3. When I am defending.....but that is part of the team strategy then.

It happens on occasion, even after going through 3 or 4 different load outs trying to find one that works.

But I really don't start a game intending to camp.

Level 4

in reply to TOSSER1

In other words, camping makes you less of a man. Hahaha. Pretty funny take on things.

Level 75

in reply to TOSSER1

Campers, lag, and Campers really killed this game.

Level 4

in reply to TOSSER1

After giving this post some more thought........if our wives can put up with the fact we play video games instead of working on motorcycles, i think they are already over non manly hood.

Level 75

in reply to TOSSER1

So if we have 2 objectives in DOM, and we stay on either one of the 2 we own, we are camping? This is called defending and keeping the enemy from winning.

Going for all 3 flags in DOM is not only idiotic, but just not the best way to ensure victory. No matter what by only holding 2 flags in DOM you are GUARANTEED 2 things.

1. The enemy will ONLY spawn on their flag if you don't push into their spawn

2. You will ALWAYS win.

Level 34

in reply to propipe

Playing Domination is all i play, capping two flags and then camping out on them i would agree with the comment already said,however i will try and capture any that is lost, but as you know many gamers,,including myself are sometimes forced to camp up at times because of the awful connections, more times than most i usually find myself a second or two behind face to face confrontations, so instead of losing out all the time i will camp it when its seems i have no power to win a gunfight, if other players dont like it ,well its tough titty,

Level 21

in reply to propipe

You just proved my point. So the only way to win is spawn exploitation?

Level 18

in reply to TheDarkOne123

How is this spawn exploitation? You spawn on YOUR flag to be safe. This ensures that you don't get shot the instant you spawn, or spawn directly behind the enemy. If you own 2 flags, the ONLY safe place is YOUR flag. If you own 2, then you have a broader range of space to spawn safely in. This is EXACTLY how it should work.

Now by no means am I saying it should be the point as to where you can kill an enemy the second they spawn, as that is a garbage way of playing. What I am saying is that if you own A and B, the enemy should spawn at C as long as the other team DOES NOT PUSH TO A CERTAIN POINT. If they push past that area, then YES, the team that owns only one flag should be spawned elsewhere to prevent insta-deaths.

Level 34

in reply to propipe

THANK YOU!!!!

Level 2

Studios