Quickscoping

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Quickscoping

in reply to poisonvein7

That's aim assist and bad camera angles and lag not quickscoping cause it's just a mechanic that requires people to aim still. Last time I checked all guns have aim assist and lag will always be present with every gun and you can use bad camera angles while aiming with any gun and get the same barely aiming kill that you just said. Attack aim assist and bad camera angles if you want quickscoping to be ten times harder.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

Even though the developers themselves (i.e: Robert Bowling) ADMITTED that it's part of aim assist, meaning it doesn't require you to aim? And clearly, if the guy "halfway" pulls up his gun (meaning he didn't pull up his gun) and split-second kills me without even scoping in, it didn't require him to move his sights on me one bit.

And yes, all other guns have aim assist, the difference is, an SMG or AR takes 5 or 6 shots to kill from any range (barring headshots), a sniper takes ONE from literally any distance. Also, the aim assist will push your crosshairs off the guy after the first shot with an SMG or AR (meaning your first shot is the only one that's actually "assisted" with a regular gun) whereas with a sniper, the first shot is obviously all you need, even if it hits them in the leg (which, to my knowledge, no real gun ever did that, let alone a "virtual" gun that's supposed to be much weaker than its real life counterpart for the sake of balance and fun) and there's no recoil on them, so clearly, the sniper is the only gun that *truly* benefits from having aim assist.

Level 2

in reply to HeadhunterX89

Are you reading what you are posting? The weakest assault rifle is 4 hit kill the rest are 3 hit kill and the weakest smg is 5 hit kill also I thought you were mad about quickscoping judging by your post you hate snipers in general cause here's a news flash ALL guns except the shotgun have infinite range and quickdraw and aim assist. Also lower your sensitivity and you can stay on target that would be the only reason why your sight goes off target is because you are over compensating. Not to be mean or come off hostile but I am not a quickscoper and even I know they did the nerf wrong they should of added sway and flinch and idle sway and removed aim assist and then decrease sticky aim that would of made it way harder to quickscope not reduce fire rate.

Level 23

HeadhunterX89 wrote:

Even though the developers themselves (i.e: Robert Bowling) ADMITTED that it's part of aim assist, meaning it doesn't require you to aim? And clearly, if the guy "halfway" pulls up his gun (meaning he didn't pull up his gun) and split-second kills me without even scoping in, it didn't require him to move his sights on me one bit.

And yes, all other guns have aim assist, the difference is, an SMG or AR takes 5 or 6 shots to kill from any range (barring headshots), a sniper takes ONE from literally any distance. Also, the aim assist will push your crosshairs off the guy after the first shot with an SMG or AR (meaning your first shot is the only one that's actually "assisted" with a regular gun) whereas with a sniper, the first shot is obviously all you need, even if it hits them in the leg (which, to my knowledge, no real gun ever did that, let alone a "virtual" gun that's supposed to be much weaker than its real life counterpart for the sake of balance and fun) and there's no recoil on them, so clearly, the sniper is the only gun that *truly* benefits from having aim assist.

As clearly as the glitch/exploit/technique can be defined, compared and contrasted.

I'll bet apologists will respond with either one of the following:

1)  Completely ignore the truths you just articulated.  For example, "QS is an extremely difficult skill to master.  So, I don't want to hear any facts about OHKs or balance issues."

However, we all know it's a glitch easily mastered with a few hourse of practice.  if you're a successful QSer, your success is more likely the result of you QSing coupled with good map skills.  If you run around QSing without map skills, chances are you're one of the vast majority of QSers out there going 8-15 in TDM.

2)  Downplay/minimize and/or ofiscate the truths you just articulated.  For example, "QS kills only "occasionally" occur at close range.  So, even though it has an overwhelming OHK advantage, it doesn't matter because it only "occasionally" happens."

However, we all know the majority of QS kills occure at close to mid range, don't we?

Immerse me.
Level 40
Highlighted

HeadhunterX89 wrote:

Aim assist has nothing to do with you leaving the target. thats owed solely to recoil. And all aim assist in this game does is make your gun harder to move off target once already on them. All it does is slow your guns turn speed while over the target. Furthermore if they have aimed center mass they should land 2-3 shots before leaving the target completely. Ontop of that a shot to the legs is not in the OHK range for snipers like the ballista. I have had many many hit markers with the gun. and yes there is recoil on snipers.

Most quickscopers DO look down their sight before firing, but due to how fast it is theater and kill cams record it as black scoping. The people who get kills in an actual Black screen are getting lucky kills because the shot was random but managed to hit. Someone wanted to point out youtube but the thing is that they all sit there trying hundreds of times to get that one kill or those 3-4 kills for that segment of their video.

In call of duty what you aim at is what you get. There is no alteration of the bullet path. where you are aimed at when you fired is where your shot is going. The only exception to this rule is when Lag is involved in which case you shots are STILL going right where they were aimed but will arrive later then they should. CoD uses hit boxes, as long as the shot is within the box it counts. The hit boxes in this game are also only tiny tiny amount larger than the player models.

Now there is a transition point where they will be counted as ADS and the shot will go whereever the center of the screen is. The players that actually do regularly "black scope" are able to do so because they have cross hairs tapped to their screen to help them line people up with the center of their screen. In other words they have already aimed at you themselves without the benefit of aim assist at all. 

Level 45

in reply to Adam1234567893

adam ive already touched on the topic of all guns having aim assist and im fully aware of that so before you post all guns have it please read my others posts in this thread about it so i dont have to continuously repeat myself.

in short

do all guns have it? yes

all guns aside from snipers require you to follow through after the 1st shot on your own with multiple shots.

does the sniper do this? no it kills most of the time after the 1st shot which the aim assist accounts for only.

idk what you mean by bad camera angles because there are enough circumstances online, on youtube, and in my own home in private matches (myself included so no kill cam bs) that i have seen partial scope kills even if not completely aimed.

ask for shotguns ive touched on that as well. are they a OHK? yes but only at close range. they are not effective at all ranges like the sniper rifle is.

guns should lay out like this but at the moment for snipers and like 1 gun in each category (mw3) this was not the case:

Shotgun class:   close range - extremely effective

medium range - only very slightly effective (lots of shots)

long range - not effective at all

SMG class:        close range - extremely effective

medium range - still pretty effective

long range - only slightly effective, multiple shots and to stay on target for a period of time.

Assault class:    close range - pretty effective

medium range - pretty effective, still better than at close range

long range - still pretty decently effective, kind of in between close and medium.

LMG class:        close range - very slightly effective due to the slow aiming speed and movement.

medium range - pretty effective

long range - still pretty effective but not quite as effective as a sniper.

Sniper class:      close range - very slightly effective

medium range - sort of effective due too the distance between you and the target.

long range - extremely effective

(Current Sniper): close range - extremely effective

medium range- extremely effective

You see the problem is that as of now it is the only weapon that has the "potential" to outgun every other class even when in that classes effective range, and this is why it is considered unfair.

Level 9

in reply to poisonvein7

poisonvein7 wrote:

adam ive already touched on the topic of all guns having aim assist and im fully aware of that so before you post all guns have it please read my others posts in this thread about it so i dont have to continuously repeat myself.

in short

do all guns have it? yes

all guns aside from snipers require you to follow through after the 1st shot on your own with multiple shots.

does the sniper do this? no it kills most of the time after the 1st shot which the aim assist accounts for only.

idk what you mean by bad camera angles because there are enough circumstances online, on youtube, and in my own home in private matches (myself included so no kill cam bs) that i have seen partial scope kills even if not completely aimed.

ask for shotguns ive touched on that as well. are they a OHK? yes but only at close range. they are not effective at all ranges like the sniper rifle is.

guns should lay out like this but at the moment for snipers and like 1 gun in each category (mw3) this was not the case:

Shotgun class:   close range - extremely effective

medium range - only very slightly effective (lots of shots)

long range - not effective at all

SMG class:        close range - extremely effective

medium range - still pretty effective

long range - only slightly effective, multiple shots and to stay on target for a period of time.

Assault class:    close range - pretty effective

medium range - pretty effective, still better than at close range

long range - still pretty decently effective, kind of in between close and medium.

LMG class:        close range - very slightly effective due to the slow aiming speed and movement.

medium range - pretty effective

long range - still pretty effective but not quite as effective as a sniper.

Sniper class:      close range - very slightly effective

medium range - sort of effective due too the distance between you and the target.

(Current Sniper): close range - extremely effective

medium range- extremely effective

You see the problem is that as of now it is the only weapon that has the "potential" to outgun every other class even when in that classes effective range, and this is why it is considered unfair.

just because the potential is there doesnt mean that anything is wrong. The weapons still preform where they are supposed to. Snipers dominate long range, AR's dominate mid range, SMG's and shot guns dominate close quarters. The way the system is set up currently, if you are skilled with the weapon you have a chance to outdo the other player even though your weapon is not in its best range. It would be stupid to not have it as such, I promise people would feel 100x's more cheated if they lost ONLY because of their weapon choice was out of is range, such as an SMG player losing outright because its not close quarters. where as in the current system, if the player is able to control their weapons recoil they have a chance to win out, the other player still has a better chance to win though.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

you see the problem with the potential tho is that the sniper has a higher potential then all of the other classes, only because of its OHK status tho. i will however say a sniper should require 1 shot because 2 is plain stupid.

i know every gun, aside from the shotgun, can kill outside its ranges, but the sniper is just better at it then the rest and that is why i feel it should be adjusted slightly to balance things out a bit thats all.

Level 9

in reply to poisonvein7

poisonvein7 wrote:

you see the problem with the potential tho is that the sniper has a higher potential then all of the other classes, only because of its OHK status tho. i will however say a sniper should require 1 shot because 2 is plain stupid.

i know every gun, aside from the shotgun, can kill outside its ranges, but the sniper is just better at it then the rest and that is why i feel it should be adjusted slightly to balance things out a bit thats all.

this is how snipers are in almost every FPS out there. I disagree with the notion that a sniper does better at killing up close then an AR does at long range. I still think everyone is focusing too hard on the OHK aspect. Yes it only takes one shot, but regardless what most try to make it seem, its harder to land that shot the closer you are. Not only because you have less chance to aim properly, but you have to adjust your aim faster which is harder the closer you are to something, and the other player if they are taking proper advantage of the strengths of their weapon class the sniper should likely miss because they are moving fast, whether its strafing, taking cover, halo jumping, dropshotting, or strafing while hipfiring the sniper is at a disadvantage upclose not because of weapon damage but because of other aspects of the guns themselves. This is something that is continually ignored and swept under the rug. Killing power is not the only thing that matters in the game. There are other variables that come into play with each weapon class. In most of the quick scoping videos I have seen including the one posted by firesens, the players that were killed were killed because they were basically standing still. They were not fully using their own weapons capabilities which is the true reason as to why they died, not the OHK.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

i again agree with you on the most part on this. it is usually the other persons fault. but i am not an average player. i play way above average and there are still times when i am QS regardless of how much i strafe, go prone, or jump. its these circumstances that are the most frustrating, especially if im doing well or landed 2-3 hits already and then bang im gone.

im aware some are luck, in fact most of the time they are probably luck, but more often than not they can outgun a gun in its effective range. so what i ask is it be adjusted so that it has the same potential to outgun another class within their effective weapon range as every other gun. its just as of now the way it stands it does have a higher potential to outgun someone using in smg in close range or an assault in med range then those weapons do shooting a sniper at long range in its effective range.

for example:

in close range a sniper has a higher chance to outgun an smg or ar then the smg or ar has to outgun a sniper in those weapons effective zones. at long range the sniper still has a higher chance to outgun the smg or ar outside those weapons effective zones. if im in a hallway and run into a sniper he can outgun me easier then i can and if im running an smg or ar and see a sniper across the map he can still outgun me easier.

Level 9

Studios