Recent Patch

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Recent Patch

Hello fellow CoD Players, just to start off with, I've played Call of Duty for a good 6 years now. I achieved 10th prestige a couple of days ago and I'm currently rank 84 in the world for cranked.

I'm enjoying this game up to now, but the recent patch (amplify vs dead silence) has caused mixed reactions throughout the community. I did in fact use Amplify and Dead Silence together. I thought this was a great aspect to the game and as an attacking player this helped me gain a clear advantage in the game. I can't help but be very unhappy with the way the perks now work together, i'm prepared for all the 'adapt to it' 'you lost your crutch' replies but I really couldn't care less. I play solo online most of the time, and using amplify and being able to hear enemies playing in a team helped me to carry the players on my team who were not so good at the game. The amplify perk was there for everyone to use, the only problem was that some players could use it better than others, this wasn't a problem because everyone should be able to accept that there will be a player better than them and they just have to change their play style. I can't help but feel this game is trying too hard to cater for the players who can't afford headsets, that being said, why harm the players who work hard for the money to improve their own gaming experience? Using amplify allowed me to position myself correctly to tackle enemies coming towards me, now it feels like a random battle when I turn a corner only to have 5 enemies sprinting toward me using dead silence.

The bottom line is not so good players will complain about anything that they can not use, whenever there is something someone else uses better they will complain until the creators give them their own way and the game becomes easier to play. I will continue to play this game, I will adapt as I realise footsteps will never be the way the creators intended. I'll accept anyones opinion, just wanted to vent mine. Happy gaming!

Level 1
47 REPLIES

Re: Recent Patch

in reply to Fragexcel

so what did they actually do to amplify?  How big a % reduction or whatever?

Level 5

in reply to Fragexcel

Fragexcel wrote:

I did in fact use Amplify and Dead Silence together. I thought this was a great aspect to the game and as an attacking player this helped me gain a clear advantage in the game.     

You just explained why they made the change.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

And that advantage was available for anyone to use, Ive played against countless people using the combination and come out on top, it's just a case of being able to use it correctly.

Level 1

in reply to Fragexcel

Then you should have no trouble adjusting.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

The two perks should cancel each other out, I like boosting weapons and perks no one likes not nerfing and changing ones people already like.

It makes no logical sense for dead silence to work the way it does.

1) Dead silence / should be completely silent to normal players, and heard at 100% by Amplify.

2) Amplify / Should hear players at 400% but only hear Dead silence players at 100%.

In my scenario when the players meet they have no advantage over each other. They meet as two perk less players in regard to sound.

I use both perks, I have been killed more by DS users lately but also killed more Amplify users lately, so its a wash, but that doesn't change the fact that its not balanced.

Level 9

in reply to BU773TPROOF

And you can still hear DS users. So...?

Activision Ambassador

Its not about hearing them, its about the volume at which you hear them, its about what I described as logical balance that doesn't exist in this title.

Its about Dead silence having the edge out of the two, the edge neither perk should have.

Level 9

in reply to BU773TPROOF

The balance wasn't there pre-patch, which is why they altered it. Not due to complainers, or whiners, or anything else.

The Balance was not there. Amplify was a ridiculously over-used perk and it needed to be balanced.

Activision Ambassador

So you disagree with my version of how the perks work. What is unbalanced about them cancelling each other out. What is unbalanced about hearing every-ones foot steps at the same volume.

You know what is unbalanced, not being able to counter dead silence 100%. Yet having amplify get countered over 100%.

Its logic, I like the game Im not saying, I hate it or Im going to stop playing. Im just being logical and seeing it for what it is.

Level 9

Studios