Reducing Latency (Lag) on Call of Duty: Ghost and Multiplayer In General While Using a Router

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Reducing Latency (Lag) on Call of Duty: Ghost and Multiplayer In General While Using a Router

in reply to LimonAgrio

That's weird why would UPNP need to be disabled if it makes things easier? I mean why would UPNP be a deterrent for network connection if it's goal is to help devices get  connected? XD

Level 4

Re: Reducing Latency (Lag) on Call of Duty: Ghost and Multiplayer In General While Using a Router

in reply to FigureZero5

SolidWater wrote:

That's weird why would UPNP need to be disabled if it makes things easier? I mean why would UPNP be a deterrent for network connection if it's goal is to help devices get  connected? XD

It's not weird. You don't need to disable it for this. People do, because they think it makes a difference. It doesn't. They experience some improvement unrelated to upnp and they believe it is because they disabled it.

Level 5

in reply to LimonAgrio

Woudn't NAT take care of this?

Putting the FU back in fun!
Level 13

in reply to JBurn244

Appreciate your input, man. More tips are always handy. Really do.

Level 4

in reply to FigureZero5

Latest response to my connection question again another player with very good kd and score

"I have a really bad download connection. Just focus and be a bit campy! Best of luck man! You die really fast just remeber that mate "

This is the most common answer. Maybe Infinity Ward could collate some connection stats from the routers on the network they must know what the routers have latency wise ie average ping and average bandwidth?

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to deano66s

another reply

"mines awful ..."

Level 2

in reply to FigureZero5

And sometimes nothing works, at the moment multi player online is unplayable for me because of lag despite trying, static ip, port forwarding, dmz, port triggers etc.

Level 67

in reply to FigureZero5

i've got a question, i tried setting a fixed IP for my 360 but that then switched my NAT type to moderate?? my router has unpn active and no port forwarding but i was going to drop it into the DMZ to see if being outside the firewall made a difference.

any suggestions on that one would be appreciated

Level 16

Studios