Removal of hitmarkers in Hardcore?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Removal of hitmarkers in Hardcore?

A friend of mine just stated that he was surprised that hit markers exist in HC.

We're not talking connection issues here, just hit markers in general.

His idea that if its proper hardcore, you shouldn't be able to tell if you've hit a player, nor should a flashbang alert you to someone in a room.  If they go down, then you've killed them, that's it.

What do you guys think?  I kinda like the idea.

Level 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Removal of hitmarkers in Hardcore?

in reply to ukscorpz
Solution
‎07-01-2014 08:37 AM

it would be nice not to have someone randomly shoot a wall get a hit marker then light up the wall looking for a kill anyone.

Level 22
12 REPLIES

in reply to ukscorpz

Hitmarkers in HC are there just to get on your tits. There should be no HM's in HC.

Level 3

in reply to ukscorpz

ukscorpz wrote:

A friend of mine just stated that he was surprised that hit markers exist in HC.

We're not talking connection issues here, just hit markers in general.

His idea that if its proper hardcore, you shouldn't be able to tell if you've hit a player, nor should a flashbang alert you to someone in a room.  If they go down, then you've killed them, that's it.

What do you guys think?  I kinda like the idea.

Honestly indifferent. Hitmarkers have been in HC since COD4... when HC was introduced.

I would rather devs focus on a proper way to manage TK's...

... cuz ricochet ain't it.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Yeah its always been there but thought it was an interesting idea.

I too loathe RC, especially with the way the Operations Killstreaks work.

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz
Solution
‎07-01-2014 08:37 AM

it would be nice not to have someone randomly shoot a wall get a hit marker then light up the wall looking for a kill anyone.

Level 22

in reply to Bubbakush1

lol you just reminded me of BO1 and my trusty M60... good times lol

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz

every cod i have been killed this way at least once a round. i can understand seeing hit makers when the target is in LoS but when hes behind cover or a wall you shouldn't know hes dead or been hit unless his name pops up in the kill feed imo

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz

The biggest problem I have with the ricochet is when you're engaged with an enemy and a teammate spawns right between you and the enemy.....I have died more times from this than from accidental "friendly fire". No idea why the system decides to spawn a teammate right in the middle of a gun battle.....

Level 8

in reply to Audiophile1

Wasn't it IW that brought in the ricochet in MW3, but Treyarch left it friendly fire in BO1 and BO2 if my memory serves me right. IW must have a thing against being team killed.

Personally I prefer being able to friendly kill, especially if someone on your own team is sat up a corner on an OBJ game, no where near the objective, clearly not playing for the win. They deserve to be team killed.

Plus if someone on your team decides to run in front of you while you're shooting, they deserve to die.

To the OP, I kind of like the idea and as Bubbakush mentions, it would probably stop people just lighting up a wall.

Level 7

in reply to ukscorpz

im on board with no hit markers. but i would still like the hit marker sound. i've been playing with just a pistol and tac knife lately and its not a 1 shot kill. its nice to have some audible alert that lets me know i've made contact. an audible alert would solve, to some extent, wall banging(would have to locate via sound instead).

Level 18

Studios