Riot shield C4 combo

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Riot shield C4 combo

hey all normally Im not one to complain or ask for tweakings or nerfings. I usually find a way to deal with whatever it is. And Im not going to ask for such here. What I would like is to discuss riot shields with C4. As it stands right now I feel that they are a tiny bit overpowered. In past installments you had to expose yourself to throw c4 at the enemy, thus giving them an equal chance to kill you. But now, you dont, you throw your c4 around the shield. Now even this normally wouldnt be a problem except for specific game modes like search and rescue.

I was playing clan wars the other day and we ran into a team of 4 using riot shields and C4. they stayed together and were able to beat us. even if we were to kill one or 2 of them they would hide behind their riot shields and recover their teammates tags. And if we tried to confirm them they just tossed 4 packs of C4 at us or however many they had.

So with that all said, how would you deal with this? as for me I decided to put blast shield on and rush the riot shield guy. While this would work against one of them it doesnt work so well against 4.

Level 45
30 REPLIES

Re: Riot shield C4 combo

in reply to deamonomic

YYes this is  now VERY common don't bother with blast shield they run danger close

bbest way to counter is to find a leverage spot and force them to come to you use ied yes there cheap but effective

uuse a sniper or assult rifle DO NOT rush them flanking works well

i am a huge sar player so any help just ask

Level 6

in reply to ps3noob

I never really used danger close that much. It's too expensive and I think amplify and blast shield or icu is better.

Level 14

in reply to deamonomic

Maybe thats why C4's range has had such a large nerf. Might try this at some point, just to be a douche

EDIT: Also, D'S ASKING FOR A NERF LMAOOOOOOOO, CRYBABY WAAAAAAAAAAAA BOOHOOOOOO GET GOOD BAD KID *runs*

Level 31

in reply to deamonomic

Those Riot Shields are also equipped with the Motion Detector so they can see you guys coming from any direction.

I say fight fire with fire. Use a dedicated long range explosive class.

Level 35

in reply to deamonomic

Panzer and Noob Tubes with Danger Close and extra lethal.  Stoop to their level

Level 12

in reply to deamonomic

Encountered this a lot in league play, but with some coordination with my teammates we were easily able to beat it.

You have to let them come to you. Sometimes you have to give up a round (probably defense) but you will win the match eventually.

The way to do it is to spread all of your people out and they have to prone in the most obscure spots on the map that are well hidden and no one ever looks. Once the riot shield group is spotted, your teammates can move in for the kill from all angles while whoever got the attention of the riot shield group is back peddling the whole time to avoid their C4 and shooting them occasionally to distract them and keep their attention.

Eventually your whole team will converge on them and they'll just crumble immediately.

edit: I forgot to mention that if the riot shield group passes by one of your teammates hiding, the teammate should immediately try to kill all of them from the backside. Most riot shield groups look forward until they feel they are in the open and can get flanked.

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to deamonomic

deamonomic ... is asking ... for a nerf???

I'ma go back to bed and wake up on the other side. Something's not right here.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

Well, they wouldn't suffer defeat if only they have me on their team.

Level 35

in reply to nuttin2say

actually no, I wouldnt mind it staying what it is now, I just need to find a viable counter to it for myself . which is why this thread is here. Ive found that blast shield works if im not up against a rat pack of a team that stays within c4 distance of each other and are all doing it XD

Level 45

Studios