Riot shields, c4, and noob tubes.....wtf

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Riot shields, c4, and noob tubes.....wtf

in reply to failie1

Because you are being whiny and entitled? You told the DarkOne to leave the discussion because he had a differing opinion, accused him of using the RS/C4 combo and tried to belittle him for it, and even though he gave a suggestion of how to combat the RS/C4 you demand a lobby or special rule set to suit your own self serving wants.

Also, you want to arbitrarily limit the riot shield? Ok. Only shotguns can equip silencers. Only LMGs can equip Stalker. Focus does not work on weapons with more than 10 rounds. Sleight of Hand can only be used with the Mk32 Launcher. Thermal/Tracker and Smoke Grenades cannot be on the same loadout. Only one thermobaric grenade can be equipped as long as there isn't another explosive on the class. Agility and Marathon only work if your movement speed is below 80%.

Level 10

in reply to Fang_1192

If that is what you want, then I support that. I never intended this post to be an attack people, just merely a place to call for a change, and to rant out frustrations. Don't attack people for believing differently, it was never my intention to belittle him and yes if you felt that way I apologize. I still ask for a change, and would like people who want this change (Playlist change would suit everyone) then speak up and quit attacking everyone. I don't want to limit a class entirely, maybe just a place for the serious players to go, Black ops 2 did it with league play why can we not have it for ghosts?

Level 1

in reply to failie1

You weren't only asking for lobbies that have specific rules you also asked for them to remove the Riot Shield and C4 combo all together that's I commented if your post was only about a playlist for serious players then I wouldn't have commented.

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to TheDarkOne123

Talk about immaturity?

Level 3

in reply to RuggedSavior

They don't have infinite ammo so how would this setup be deadly?

Level 18

To be fair, in SnR/D there are multiple rounds. SnD if you die, you die - so it is easy to go at least 1 for 1 with the RS/C4 and in SnR even if you do die you can get your tag picked up and have a full loadout again. This does work both ways, but if you are using RS/C4/DC your enemies probably won't be close enough to their teammates tag before you get to it. It is pretty potent in Search.

Don't know why the Riot Shield needs a nerf though. It seems people are pissy because it blocks bullets when they don't want it to.

Level 10

in reply to failie1

I agree. The riot shield and C4 combo has ruined SnD for me as well. It's amazing how many people use this cheap tactic. I hope they patch the riot shield soon so that the user is vulnerable while throwing equipment (like in previous CODs).

Level 18

in reply to brsox

They do become vulnerable in this game while throwing C4 I have seen the animation many times and killed the Riot Shield user many times as well. It's easy to go around them as soon as they throw C4 cause usually they never have a second one and if they do use the semtex launcher or Semtex and just stick them it kills them every time.

Level 18

you have been lucky with the ones you have encountered. there is always a window but sometimes that window is a very small one. now if you take 2 riot shielders and 2 AR/SMG classes into a map and then make sure the encounter is close quarters you have a significant advantage. We played clan v clan deathmatch and lost to a clan significantly worse than us due to this tactic. I did not have a class set up to counter the situation. I can take a riot shielder on 1v1 and win but when you have the 4 player combo its considerably more difficult. Another poster mentioned a counter that i think would have worked wonderfully given this situation. I think i might be including that in each character.

I dont know where i stand as far as getting rid of it, because there should be a dynamic to the game where each class has its advantages and disadvantages (like rock paper scissors) and i think the riot shield c4 combo does that. The class does piss me off a lot, but is my frustration really a good reason to get rid of something. If we removed everything that pisses me off you would be left with only assault rifles, the mtar, all the perks, and maybe 3 different game modes. Siege would be gone and Chasm as well

Level 9

in reply to AMMO_MAGNET

I had the same problem as you in the clan wars and battles, that is why I'm simply proposing a new playlist that bans a few items like the explosives. the riot shield is not what bothers me, it's the c4 then when you survive that....another c4, then when you survive that.....a noob tube....then what do you know another noobtube. And then when you think you are done, they have overkill with the grenade launcher attachment, it gets old really quickly.

Level 1

Studios