Shotguns & Shotgun Setups

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Shotguns & Shotgun Setups

Greetings all;

been wondering about shotguns, and would like to invite all interested to share any shotgun & shotgun setup tips with your fellow players, such as

strenghts and weaknesess of particular weapons in the class, which attachment(s) to use with the particular shotty, perks, etc. etc.

Happy gaming!

Level 3
19 REPLIES

Re: Shotguns & Shotgun Setups

in reply to PigllRolling

I haven't tried shotguns at all in this game, personally.  What I have seen most people doing is the mounted shotgun.  Which is tempting since most maps are fairly large and don't feature as much close quarters action.  That way you have the versatility to pull out the shotgun for running through rooms in Flooded, but still able to reach across the alley into the parking garage.  It would be interesting to hear what shotguns loadouts are effective though, for a class using two primary weapons as an alternative.

Level 1

in reply to Bastadge

I use the pump actions, FP6 + Tac12. The best setup for range is the slug combined with  muzzle attachment (not the flash one). Haven't noticed too much difference in default range between these 2. The tac12 hold more ammo than the FP6's 5 shots.

Slugs need accuracy, so they're harder to hip fire and hit.

I prefer running the muzzle and grip, no secondary, no lethal or tacs so I can get as many perks in as possible.

Perks wise I use marathon with dead silence to chase down.  Add Agility, which is great, and you can run around like a maniac. Cold-blooded is def handy to get in close, but if you prefer to get in the thick of the action it's a waste of 3 slots. I don't think steady aim makes that much difference tho. All depends on your style of play

This is the 1st time since MW2 were I think the shotties are consistent 1HK within range, and don't need a load of patches (although I always want more range )

The maps this yr are great too for shotguns. No matter what size there's great running routes in all of them.

Level 3

in reply to Dscru

Tryed some FP6 and MTS-255 play today, and must admit that the weapon range + map size combo is still mighty confusing.

Used the slug attachment with muzzle, haven't tested the grip yet.

Perks: marathon, ready-up, quickdraw, steady aim(gets replaced by dead silence as soon as I unlock it), sleight of hand.

Really itching to try the Tac12 though, I adore the BOII's KSG. Thinking about equipping it with the slug right of the bat,

muzzle or grip second...

Thanks for the reply, mate

Level 3

in reply to Bastadge

My thoughts exactly. I'm on the look out for a sniper secondary.

Level 3

in reply to PigllRolling

By the way, don't even try to shoot killstreaks with the shotgun. A Satcom takes an entire Tac12 10 shot mag to destroy lol. Same with an IMS. Ammo boxes only take 3shots, so worth a go, but you still might get shot in the back lol.

Level 3

in reply to Dscru

Shooting (or trying) the dogs is also a lot of fun, hehe

Level 3

in reply to PigllRolling

Personally I like:

FP6:

Muzzle break

Fore grip

Secondary: None

Lethal: None

Tact: Concussion

Perks:

Quick draw, Ready up, Marathon, ICU, Focus/steady aim.

Also never waste bullets on a sat com, Always knife it.@

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to Clear_Advantage

Didn't think knifing worked on 'em. Tried it once and it did nothing. Mustn't have registered.

I've been running around with the 6-shooter MTS (muzzle, holo sight) + a pure speed class. I gotta say that gun is a lot of fun.

Have yet to get a 1HK with a silenced shotty tho. Tough to use in a  face2face gunfight.

Level 3

in reply to Dscru

The Revolver shotty isn't worth it. Any of the other shotgun's will out preform it even running and gunning.

When you knife a sat com you have to be nearly on top of it but its a 1 hit, also doesn't give away you position.

The reason you have a hard time killing any thing with a silencer on your shotgun is because after 12m's no shotgun will kill anything and when you put on a silencer  you kill your range which means your super bad damage drop off gets worse. You probably are going to go from 12m to something around 8m. In turn that means with a silencer you have to be in and around 4m to 1 hit something with it instead of the 6-7m you get with muzzle.

Hope dat helps

Level 4

Studios