Shouldn't they put out a beta.

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Shouldn't they put out a beta.

With the release date a few weeks away and now that they are using dedicated servers shouldn't they put out a beta to test the servers. It never fails they put out their game and for the first month after release every time you try to play a game you have to download a patch that could have been been fixed before they released the game. And now with dedicated servers don't expect the lag discussions to not continue to dominate the forums. Just no more host migrations one can assume.

Level 9
30 REPLIES

Re: Shouldn't they put out a beta.

in reply to nflfenatic

they should do early access for season pass owners

Level 1

in reply to nflfenatic

nflfenatic wrote:

With the release date a few weeks away and now that they are using dedicated servers shouldn't they put out a beta to test the servers. It never fails they put out their game and for the first month after release every time you try to play a game you have to download a patch that could have been been fixed before they released the game. And now with dedicated servers don't expect the lag discussions to not continue to dominate the forums. Just no more host migrations one can assume.

IW just announced that the release date was pushed back a month. On the plus side.... we get to buy the beta, a month early.

I just fixed the problem.

I hope you get my sarcasm

Level 28

Good one! Theres nothing like being a guinea pig for a month or so. Its just a great way to start off the CoD calendar year.

Level 75

in reply to nflfenatic

Nope. Acti+IW does not do beta's. Ya want a beta go play the BF beta.

Level 70

in reply to nflfenatic

A Beta would have been great. A little too late in the development cycle to release one now though.

Level 7

in reply to nflfenatic

Most people that get a beta just want to play the game early.

A beta is so people can give feedback to the developers. Most people playing a beta don't do that

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 60
Highlighted

in reply to dtuchpunk

Yep most cry for beta's just so they can play early and then decide they dont want it becuse it either has a feature they dont like or does not have one they want.

Sometimes smarter to not put out a beta, so if they want to try it they have to buy it or wait to rent it.

Level 70

in reply to nflfenatic

We do get a Beta for COD every year it usually comes out on the first or second Tuesday of November.

On a serious note the way they market COD now wouldn't suit a Beta because they like to hype everything little feature up to make everyone super excited so they have to get it on day it releases.

I do feel to make the best game they can I think that they first need to make us privy to Multiplayer early on sounding out ideas they have for the game and they should have an early beta for season pass holders because people that buy the season pass will buy the next COD anyway so it wouldn't hurt sales. They need to do something because its getting real sh*tty that we end up playing what I call a beta of the game till around march time when they start to balance thing out and finally get a hold of most glitches.

Level 16

in reply to alexjt22

Haha every November haha

Level 1

Studios