Shouldn't they put out a beta.

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Shouldn't they put out a beta.

in reply to Maccabi

it is a pre alpha version of the game so that the commentators and pro players could give feedback on what they liked and did not like about the game and to find glitchs like the on map insta kill spot that was found during one of there games kinda sounds like beta testing to me

Level 2

Ya don't really know what a beta is do you? From your reply it is obvious you don't...

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to trialstardragon

seems to me like you have no clue to what you are talking about. A test for a computer product prior to commercial release. Beta testing is the last stage of testing, and normally can involve sending the product to beta test sites outside the company for real-world exposure or offering the product for a free trial download over the Internet. Beta testing is often preceded by a round of testing called alpha testing. there you go have a nice day

Level 2

in reply to nflfenatic

nflfenatic wrote:

With the release date a few weeks away and now that they are using dedicated servers shouldn't they put out a beta to test the servers. It never fails they put out their game and for the first month after release every time you try to play a game you have to download a patch that could have been been fixed before they released the game. And now with dedicated servers don't expect the lag discussions to not continue to dominate the forums. Just no more host migrations one can assume.

Why, do you think what a few think is worthwhile will make the rest better? People will complain no matter what is added or removed. Let them work the connection issues out!

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to nflfenatic

One way to do it could be to do a private beta test for active forum members only.

You would get rid of most of the people who only want to play the game early, and have a group of people you know would actively visit the forums to give feedback.

But as others have said, a beta isnt always a good thing, if someone doesnt like the way something works in said beta, chances are they'll avoid the purchase, more to point they'll probably over exagerate the things they dont like to their friends, who in turn retell the problems to their friends and so on which loses sales.

While i agree, there is good cause for beta testing (Load Testing servers, final updates to gun balancing, fixing glitches etc) there are still downsides to it,

Plus IW would then need to employ people in roles relating to the beta, receiving and reporting feedback (which can be very time consuming) which would in turn cost even more money.

Level 5

in reply to Project-VAG-DAN

Project-VAG-DANO wrote:

One way to do it could be to do a private beta test for active forum members only.

oh dear g-d NO !!

you have two forum people discussing something you automatically have three opposing viewpoints

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Only three?

No i get what your saying, and i know everyone will have their own opinion on something, but surely some feedback is better than no feedback?

Level 5

in reply to Project-VAG-DAN

Project-VAG-DANO wrote:

Only three?

No i get what your saying, and i know everyone will have their own opinion on something, but surely some feedback is better than no feedback?

Im not saying feedback is bad it isnt its needed, but the problem is most feedback you get from players is on a micro level whereas devs have to think on a macro level.

Mw3 is a good example of this feedback in action as alot of changes were made to the game directly from feedback from this forum. BUT that was mostly macro stuff that affected everyone (range of dead mans hand for example). The issue is this forum well the regs represent a teeny tiny % of the player base and most of the time the stuff they say is a result of what affects them in game as opposed to what would be better overall for the game. So yes feedback is important but then someone has to sort through it all

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Yeah very true, would be nice to be able to properly load test everything before the game launches though, remember back to the start of BO2 where the majority of players couldnt even get into a game, plus the constant crashes etc.

Surely some of those issues could have been resolved before the launch of the game with some effective worldwide testing...

But again theres is always the possibility for members to use the beta test time to just vent what they dont like rather than helping to resolve issues.

Like i said in my first post, although there is some cause for beta testing, its not always a good thing.

Level 5

in reply to nflfenatic

should not they put out a beta

wat

Level 1

Studios