So how about a Beta Infinity Ward?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

So how about a Beta Infinity Ward?

I am a long time COD player and have been through every Multiplayer that has been in this series. Got pretty excitied at what i saw yesterday during the reveal. Then i got to thinking a little, watching some of the live MP from the event again. Got me thinking on a few things and wondering at just how good this game is going to be.

Some of the standouts that i was seeing were things like the Time to kill, 2 shot to the knee SMG kills, off target hit markers and kills. Things of that nature. What worried me even more was this was happening on a LAN event with no online connections as i am aware.

Now i am not saying this game is going to be bad in any way shape or form. It could very well be the best COD of all time. Or it could become a lag infested, rage induced Black ops 2.5 and we all know the community does not want to go there.

So here is my plea, Give us a proper 10 day beta. lets see if we can possibly solve any issues before they arise online. It will give the devs time to tweak and test on a large scale. Imo COD 4 and World at war were better games for there time because of the beta's the had. Same went for BF3.

Thought?

Level 38
12 REPLIES

Re: So how about a Beta Infinity Ward?

in reply to codchamp1

The tour is their beta.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

The tour is all LAN events. Lets see the data on the game when there are 300,000 beta testing and putting stress on xbox servers. lets see player model data over a large network, Lets see glitches and exploits that can be found by the best of the best over xbox live.

Touring with a few hundred consoles or computers is not a proper way to test.

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

It is what they are doing until they give us a online invite only beta.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

The tour is their beta.

What he said. Hopefully I can make the show. I'd love to be able to play it ahead of buying it, even though it will be over LAN. I'm not going to be shocked if there's lag on the day of release. There will probably always be some lag. Hopefully less this time around.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

Well they don't have anything anywhere near Ohio so I am just going to have to go off what I see.  And things look good.

Level 47

in reply to RunAndGun1

We would all like to play it early. But my reason for wanting a beta is for the long haul happiness of the community and to finally see a Call of duty that is working properly on release day for the last 4 years.

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

Agreed, Call of Duty 4 was awesome and I think the beta was a big part of that. Not only in building up hype around the game but actually working out some of the problems beforehand. Now we go into games having to wait half a year just for guns to be "balanced" because they only let a handful of people test it. And there was a closed beta for Black Ops 2 (which isn't a surprise I guess lol) and look how that turned out. Expand the number of players to play it and I think it'd help the game out tremendously in multiple ways.

Level 18

in reply to codchamp1

There was a host migration in on of the videos.  So could have it been online?

?t=5m

Level 47

in reply to codchamp1

It would be nice.

But the community is tremendously large. How would they go about it? Would it just be an open beta? Would it be a lottery?

Those who participate... how would they get feedback? Who would they listen to?

I do think they Beta test more than we know, but in controlled environments.

Would I like to see a Beta? Sure.. but I just am not sure the logistics are feasible for a title of this magnitude.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Studios